1.1 (5 marks)
Weddings are classified as personal or life cycle events. They celebrate the union of a couple in a ceremony mostly including family and close friends. According to dictionary.com (Anon., 2014) a wedding can be defined as the act or ceremony of marrying, marriage or nuptials. Weddings are usually black tie events and call for smart and formal dress code.
Preparing a wedding will take a lot of research (Phase1 of the event management process). After communicating with the client, it seems that the wedding will be held at ‘The secret Garden’ in Sandton Johannesburg on the 11th of December 2014. The bride has informed that there will be 120 guests pax including the bride and groom. The venues large chandeliers and double French doors create a breath taking atmosphere that will ensure an elegant and sophisticated wedding. The colour theme will be lilac, silver and white, which will be cooperated throughout the wedding on items such as the table settings, wedding décor such as a lilac carpet running down the aisle, flowers, cutlery and bridesmaids dresses. The music during the ceremony will be traditional and the bride has selected ‘Here comes the bride’ as her music when she walks down the aisle. The flower décor and bouquets will be formed from lilac tulips and white lilies. As these flowers generally bloom from early spring through summer, the timing will be perfect for the wedding.
Before the reception, pictures will be taken outside the venue in the garden with the bride and groom by a professional photographer with a selection of cocktails or drinks that will be served . First close family and then friends to follow, after the guests will proceed into the reception area where the speeches will take place...
... middle of paper ...
... March 2014].
SAACI, 2013. SAACI. [Online]
Available at: http://www.saaci.co.za/
[Accessed 22 March 2014].
SETA, 2013. SETA. [Online]
Available at: http://www.serviceseta.org.za/Pages/About-Us.aspx
[Accessed 23 March 2014].
Sony, 2013. Sony. [Online]
Available at: http://www.sony.co.za/article/290001/section/csrreport
[Accessed 23 March 2014].
Standard, 2013. Standard Bank. [Online]
Available at: http://movingforward.standardbank.com/Default.aspx
[Accessed 23 March 2014].
sterio, H., 2014. 94.7 Highveld Sterio. [Online]
Available at: http://www.highveld.co.za/events/cycle-challenge
[Accessed 22 March 2014].
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Marriage Ceremonies Marriage ceremonies are held to the highest traditional standards in the six Iroquois nations, specifically the Mohawk. A marriage signifies a lifelong relationship and there is no end. There are no Mohawk customs for the notion of divorce. Mohawk nations believe in a matrilineal society. In this society the woman is the head of the household and highly respected by her husband and family. The marriage process of the Mohawk nations includes seven traditional elements; the rite of transformation, arranged marriages, wedding wheel, the longhouse, marriage instruction, marriage questions, marriage baskets, feather dances, and traditions conducted at the end of the ceremony.... [tags: Marriage, Wedding, Family, Iroquois]
1674 words (4.8 pages)
- Life Cycle Assessment Outline Introduction & Problem Identification A Vlasic pickle jar will be the manufactured product discussed. The pickles found in Vlasic pickle jars are grown in Mount Pleasant and Kalamazoo, Michigan. They are then processed in Imlay City. The jars themselves are primarily made of glass, which is completely recyclable. Although, data from a number of sources has found that glass jars are simply not being recycled enough. In addition to this, glass is fairly inexpensive in its value, resulting in recycling centers losing money from the costs of melting, mixing, and blowing the recycled glass.... [tags: Recycling, Bottle, Reuse, Life cycle assessment]
876 words (2.5 pages)
- 'Getting married is the most important day of your life and Bali Villa Weddings and Events has said they will make it the most spectacular day of your life with their unique wedding packages. ' Immediate Release: 10th December 2013. When it comes to getting married every bride dreams of having that special day that she will never forget, and of course every couple deserves to have that one special day that will be remembered for the rest of their lives, but Bali Vila Weddings and Events will go that one step further, they will provide that special wedding day that not only will the bride and groom remember for their rest of her life, all their family and friends will never forget it either.... [tags: Wedding, Marriage, White wedding, Wedding dress]
909 words (2.6 pages)
- Cryonics is a process that cools legally dead individuals in liquid nitrogen to a temperature where physical decay essentially stops with the purpose to revive and restore youth and health with technology that does not yet exist. This procedure is performed on patients who have illnesses that cannot be cured and are considered terminally ill and cannot be sustained by contemporary medicine, this is done with the hope that resuscitation and restoration of the patients full health might be possible in the far future.... [tags: Death, Human, Meaning of life, Life]
782 words (2.2 pages)
- A fly is an insect and lives in many common area of human community. This insect feeds on human foodstuffs and wastes where they can pick up and transport various disease agents. There are two potential cues that trigger aggregation in the common house fly. The first of these is visual attraction; that is, particular wavelengths of light, or colours, or shape patterns that the flies sense optically and find attractive. The second type of cue is olfactory; chemical attractants that stimulate the flies to move towards them.... [tags: Insects, Life Cycle]
963 words (2.8 pages)
- When looking at the natural world one can clearly see an order in the occurrences within. Examples ranging from the 4 seasons, to the life cycle of every being, or even to the rising and setting of the sun on a daily basis, depending on your location in the world. With all of the orders comes a certain peace. We tend to seek out this peace after a bad day or a stressful week in the form of ‘Calming Sounds of Nature’ a half an hour of chirping birds, flowing streams, a gentle breeze across oats, or even the pitter patter of rain drops falling into the upper canopy of a rain forest.... [tags: Nature, Life, Religion, Universe]
1323 words (3.8 pages)
- Perhaps you have always dreamed of a winter wedding, or want to simply be married during the least busy marriage months (see article on how to save for your wedding). Regardless of the reason, winter weddings don’t get enough recognition as they deserve. Sure, it’s colder outside which makes finding the proper dress a little more complicated, but getting married in the winter can be just as romantic – if not more so – as weddings in the hotter months. Below, we will discuss the top 23 winter wedding ideas to ensure you have the winter wedding you most deserve and dream of.... [tags: Wedding, Marriage, Wedding ring, Engagement ring]
1325 words (3.8 pages)
- Knowing Macau with Butler's Life Cycle Model The following literature is suggesting that how a tourist destination can be analyzed with the help of Butler's Tourism Life Cycle Model. Butler (1980) introduced the concept of the model which clarifies and extends earlier work by, for example, Cristaller (1963), Noronha (1976) and Stansfield (1978). In doing so, Butler clearly links the development cycle of tourism destinations to that of products in the product life cycle model. This is one the best used management framework to know the evolution in a tourism destination as described by Baum (1998), the original Butler's model included: Recognition of dynamism within the tourism environment... [tags: Tourism Industry Macau Life Cycle Model Butler]
1686 words (4.8 pages)
- Planning a Wedding It seems like only yesterday that my sister and I, adorned in flowers and lace, were playing house and rehearsing imaginary wedding vows. The past twenty-one years seem like a whirlwind and every day keeps coming faster and faster. The big day is no longer a fantasy; my wedding is five months away. What do I still need to make this event as special as I’ve wanted it to be for more than half of my life. There are so many things put into a wedding, and efficient planning is very important.... [tags: Wedding Planner Plan Planning Essays]
1893 words (5.4 pages)
- Amidst the “hot pies and potato-chips”, “innocent monsters” and “resurgent lions”, Dawe effectively illustrates Victorian popular culture in the poem “Life-cycle”. Generally speaking, the subject matter is associated with Victorian lifestyle, notwithstanding the prevalent reference specifically to AFL football. Humour and good intentions counterbalance sentiments of condescending ridicule. Dawe flippantly suggests that “the tides of life will be the tides of the home-team’s fortunes”. Whilst some may be inclined to assume that Dawe is merely mocking a preoccupied Victorian society, it is worth mentioning that his criticisms are far from hostile.... [tags: essays research papers]
510 words (1.5 pages)