Web Analytics is not only used for analyzing the data usage on websites but are also widely used to monitor website traffic, to optimize an organization e-commerce initiatives, Digital Marketing, Advertising (through web campaigns), Customer Surveys, Referral programs, Click streams, etc. Consumer preferences or behavior are well explored by marketers who understand these dynamics by identifying areas where consumer is more likely to click often when they are online.
The technologies used in Web Analytics are generally classified into Onsite and Off Site Web Analytics. Onsite Web Analytics deals with the data collected on the current website and measures the interaction of the user with the website, which in turn can generate the number of visits, click pattern and the time spent on the website. An example would be of Google Analytics from Google Inc. While Offsite Web Analytics deals with third party companies and derives data from information in the public domain like surveys or reports from its competitors or market.
Search Robots can be referred to as a program which visit websites and read its pages and information in order to create entries for a search engine index. They are the tools used by web search engines to build databases. Search engine behemoths- Google.com, Yahoo.com are examples of this activity.
These ‘Robots’ also referred as Crawlers, Spiders, Scapers or Wonderers primary task is to work as web browsers except they don’t need user interaction. They l...
... middle of paper ...
...nd which pages or areas within the site do not attract traffic. They can alternately tweak and modify the site to create good user experience. Regularly monitoring customers’ traffic would enable organizations understand their customers better and enhances their overall performance. Therefore there is the need to design their websites accordingly.
However, the benefits overweigh such limitations. Web Analytics continues to play a dominant role in the fields of Digital marketing, Social media and e-commerce. It has enhanced and provided plethora of data for web analysts to derive insights which eventually lead to better business decisions and drives values. Furthermore, with the expansion of data sources and advancements, Web Analytics will play a crucial role in not only shaping the overall web experience but also on how businesses are performed in the 21st century.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Google Analytics in E-commerce Google Analytics offers various features and state of the art tools that can aid website owners to understand their users better. The data collected from Google Analytics will help to monitor the progress and the performance of your website. Google Analytics does not only understand the behavior of website users but it is also a powerful tool that business owners and e-commerce companies can use to uncover a tremendous amount of data that can be used to enhance marketing and business strategies.... [tags: Marketing, Sales, Web analytics, Filters]
863 words (2.5 pages)
- “For every $10 you spend on web analytics technology, you should spend $90 on analysts, analysis and intelligence”. Although technology platforms and tools are becoming cheaper, their wider use in organizations requires greater attention on users and related human systems. Various studies have brought up that while all Fortune 500 organizations have awesome interests in "Web Analytics" regardless they battle to settle on any significant business choices. The vast majority grumble that there are Terabytes of information and Gigabytes of reports and Megabytes of Excel and PowerPoint documents.... [tags: Web analytics, World Wide Web, Figure It Out]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- How Google analytics can help a small company utilize their web data to increase and target sales to a particular region. Introduction The day to day process of managing a small company comes in a natural manner to nearly every business manager, however, expanding, sustaining and tracking the company’s website can be an overwhelming task . A number of questions may arise, for example, How do I target the right audience. How can I drive sales in a particular region. Why do I see many hits and little sales.... [tags: Web analytics, World Wide Web, Google, Business]
1210 words (3.5 pages)
- Now days, companies are searching for new ways of gathering data so that they can get useful data in order to make well informed decisions regarding the market they are operating in. Google analytics is considered one of the best tools offers extensive amount of data to business owners for free. However, the success of business is highly depended on how well they can arrange data and customize their collected data corresponded to their business priorities. Google analytics provides beneficial information for companies regardless of their extent of operation.... [tags: Google, Marketing, Business, AdSense]
943 words (2.7 pages)
- ... Features of Google Analytics • Intuitive User Interface – This user friendly interface of Google Analytics allows website owners to customize their own interface and let them see their most valuable data only in one place as well as very easy access to the help center and all the areas within the interface. It also provides graph visualization. • In-Page Analytics - This feature overlays different kinds of information over the owner’s website within the iFrame in the dashboard of Google Analytics.... [tags: software, tracking marketing initiatives]
1084 words (3.1 pages)
- Company Name: Adelaide Nursing Home Remarks for Analytics Improvements: Comparing August to October across 2014 and 2015 we can see that there has been neither a dramatic increase nor decline in the number of users visiting the website. The average duration per session has remained stable at around 2 and half minutes. The Bounce Rate however has grown around 8% in 2015 compared to the same time in 2014. Most of your users are coming in through your Career landing page as opposed to your services section where you have expressed is the aspect of your organisation that needs to grow.... [tags: Care of residents, Nursing home, Google]
835 words (2.4 pages)
- 1. What is Google Analytics Google Analytics is a service supplied by Google that provide certain insights about any website visitor, traffic sources and measures conversions and sales. It is quite likely one of the most broadly used internet site information provider. The elemental service is gratis and a top rate version is available for a fee. Google Analytics can track viewers from all referrers, together with serps and social networks, direct visits and referring web sites. It additionally tracks display promoting, pay-per-click networks, e mail marketing, and digital collateral such as links within PDF documents.... [tags: World Wide Web, Website, Web page, Web browser]
908 words (2.6 pages)
- According to the most basic definition, analytics are software programs that generate metrics. Metrics are measurements. And measurements can help you benchmark desired results. Now that may seem as clear as mud, but if you 'll hang in for just a bit, maybe we can strain some of the mud out together and make the picture a little clearer. Clarity starts with understanding a bit about what measurements are available for your web site and how those measurements are arrived at. Essentially, what most analytics applications measure is how many people come to your site, how they get there, and what they do while they 're there.... [tags: World Wide Web, Web page]
856 words (2.4 pages)
- Analytics is integral to refining the customer experience. Research shows that “90% of business managers believe analytics has the ability to improve sales, and another 62% report they believe analytics can increase sales by more than 20%.” Examining the data offers the chance to learn what you did right and what needs more attention. Without analytics, you’re simple hoping that your actions make an impact. Take the guesswork out of the equation. Track consumer behavior, record support interactions, and question the reasons for customer dissatisfaction.... [tags: Customer service, Customer, Sales]
1198 words (3.4 pages)
- Customer analytics is necessary to increase your lead conversions. However, Harvard Business Review reported that only 36.6% of companies use analytics to drive customer acquisition. By examining customer data, your team can deliver relevant messages and create personalized experiences—transforming prospects into lifelong customers. Higher retention equals greater sales for your company. “Companies that make extensive use of customer analytics are more likely to report outperforming their competitors on key performance metrics, whether profit, sales, sales growth, or return on investment,” wrote Lars Fiedler, Vice President of Marketing Navigator at McKinsey.... [tags: Customer service, Sales, Consultative selling]
1045 words (3 pages)