First comparing the general view of the websites, the difference in colour is reflective of the content. The colour scheme of the First Things site is made up of low-contrasting muted warm colours of beige, grey and brown. The Gay News Network uses black, hot pink and grey which are high in contrast and more vibrant in appearance. The home pages also use very contrasting examples of advertising, First Things with a lot of religious paraphernalia and christian schools advertising. The Gay News Network advertises their own publications with sexualised images of bare-chested men in underwear and half-dressed women.
The initial appearance of the websites are in direct relation to the content provided a...
... middle of paper ...
...niches a platform on which they can express common opinions, unite from different geographic locations and identify with a shared way of thinking. In comparing the two websites they are in direct contrast of each other in almost every way, however, the aims of the sites are similar in that they are providing a forum for a common way of life. They are providing a means to learn about and share in that culture. The colours, style, advertisements and informational content are distinctly different and clearly aimed at two very different cultures. First Things, with its conservative style, provides users with information and support to strengthen their faith and spirituality. The Gay News Network has a modern, colourful style and provides users with a means to liberate themselves from mainstream conservative society by providing support and verifying the queer community.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- First Things and the Gay News Network are two websites with similar aims to unite people who hold similar values. Their content is starkly different, from the presentation of their home pages, to the main target audiences. When reading the ‘About Us’ page of First Things, they describe the organisation as “an interreligious, nonpartisan research and education institute whose purpose is to advance a religiously informed public philosophy for the ordering of society.”1 The Gay News Network, on the other hand, is a website “aimed towards the gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and queer communities across Australia”.... [tags: First THings, Gay News Network]
1051 words (3 pages)
- What constitutes a successful community website. There are many features that determine if I personally am willing to invest my time and emotions into an online community. These include the type of community, the entertainment value, how it operates, its corporate culture, functionality and the platforms it utilities. Imgur is an image hosting website that I believe objectively and subjectively fulfils these criteria. This subjective report will provide a personal and analysis of Imgur, and justify why I believe it is a well thought through and effective website that accomplishes both its user’s expectations and its company’s corporate objectives.... [tags: Community, Entertainment Value, Culture]
1493 words (4.3 pages)
- Website Analysis Sometimes it seems like the computer game industry is dying, crushed to death by its own bulk. Every year more and more gaming companies get gobbled up into huge conglomerates like Electronic Arts, companies that mostly put out trash that is technically and visually impressive, but devoid of concept and content. However, there are some small gaming companies that buck the trend. While mostly just small groups of programmers and artists, some are huge unions of fans who, irritated with the dropping quality of computer games, have decided to use the power of the internet to get together and to produce games tailor-made to their personal preferences.... [tags: Computers Internet Essays]
1166 words (3.3 pages)
- Love and hope, together are a timeless literary thematic duo, which continue to inspire countless variations and sub-genres of romance literature. For many centuries, romance as a genre, is arguably the most popular of all narratives. However, the theme of love often takes precedence and overarches other thematic interpretation of stories. So why then are people seeking romance in the literature they read. Suzanne Collins wrote The Hunger Games with the intent of introducing her young adult readership to a number of politically charged themes.... [tags: hope, love, Suzanne Collins, literature, romance]
2264 words (6.5 pages)
- ... The next step I took was finding jobs that met my qualifications after I graduate this fall. The city of McKinney Texas had an opening for a Police Officer and the requirements were typical for most police department. A written test, physical test and drug test in order to be consider for proper police training. The website was a basic website with instructions and a place to fill out the application. It was a typical black and white color scheme, regular government website. The next job openings was found on OMNI hotels and resorts and the position was lost prevention manager the requirements were a four year degree and I will meet those qualifications after I graduate.... [tags: activities, goals, website, test]
1357 words (3.9 pages)
- What are the elements of a good online retailing (e-tailing) website. Give examples, including the web address of a firm's website that you feel uses these elements successfully The online stores are nothing but an extension of retailing. In net terminology it is known as E-tailing. If you go by definition, it is “E-tailing refers to retailing over the internet. Thus an e-tailor is a B2C business that executes a transaction with the final consumer. E-tailors can be pure play businesses like Amazon.com or businesses that have evolved from a legacy business, Tesco.com.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
8316 words (23.8 pages)
- UiTM has grown very rapidly since in the higher education sector in 1956. In addition, it has expand across the country to have 12 state campuses, 6 satellite campus in Shah Alam, 11 satellite campuses in the state and 21 affiliated colleges. UiTM is committed to help Bumiputera to get education to the highest academic level. Even though still young compared to other universities, UiTM has a reputation as one of the innovative local university. University Selangor (UNISEL), formerly known as Universiti Industri Selangor was established on August 23, 1999.... [tags: career and university choice]
1112 words (3.2 pages)
- I decided to use Herman Lee for my artist comparison. The first piece that I saw of his was a series about Great Romans and they were portrait pieces. He has five pieces in this series that contain five different Roman people. They happen to be portraits of a person in vector/illustrative style. I decided to use this as a starting block for my piece. Instead of doing a leading figure in our today society as my portrait piece, I chose to do myself. Doing a portrait of yourself to me is harder to manage then doing a portrait of another person.... [tags: Art]
889 words (2.5 pages)
- While it's apparent that artists of the modern age owe much to the artists in the Renaissance, there are many differences between the two. There are some similarities however much of what the artist is expressing, and how they present their concepts are entirely different. Renaissance art appears to be more of a historic record, and heavily influenced by reason and mathematics. Modern art on the other hand tends to convey ideas, and emotions, leaving interpretation to the viewer, instead of being straight forward.... [tags: Renaissance Art, Modern Art]
1410 words (4 pages)
- Should The Internet Be Trusted. The Internet has become more and more of a favorite place for students to go when searching for sources to use in research papers. This is mostly because of the wide and relatively simple access that the Internet provides to all kinds of information. Why get up and travel all the way to the library when it is so much easier to open a browser window and head to Google. While the Internet can be a wonderful source, and is definitely a fairly new, unique, and versatile way of sharing information, not everything one finds on the free area of the Internet can be trusted.... [tags: Website Internet Essays]
961 words (2.7 pages)