• Blackboard collaborate
• Google Docs
Blackboard collaborate is web conferencing software for education and business. It is presently being used by the University of the West Indies for facilitate the online degree programs offered. It gives learners a simple, convenient, and reliable web conferencing solution built for education and training. Learners can engage with the material, educators, and each other. This software allows everyone to will feel like they are in the same room together, regardless of their location or device. It can be used with a variety of available devices such as tablets, smart phones, lap top or desk top computers. Students can easily launch a session directly from their browser. Blackboard Collaborate facilitates live/real-time delivery of lectures and tutorials over the Internet so students access these classes from their own devices wherever they have Internet connectivity. Sessions can also be recorded for later access on-demand. Because it is a virtual classroom it is easy for students to however forget and not practice proper netiquette, so there must be policies and procedures governing access to and use of Blackboard Collaborate by students.
In my institution blackboard could be used for extra classes where students could log in and met with teachers and other students. It can work especially well for group exercises. At my school I can safely say that 99% of my students own smart phones. There is an available app for blackboa...
... middle of paper ...
...anvas that allows you to pan and zoom to various parts of the canvas and emphasize the ideas presented there. Prezi supports the use of text, images, and videos and also provides a collection of templates to choose from to help new users get accustomed to the interface. Students today are very tech minded and are generally heavily involved in computer based games so they can get easily bored with conventional methods of learning. Prezi therefore allows for a fun way at presenting information to them. This can keep students more focused and interested by sort of playing into their world of constant video game use. I can see this being great for my students during the use of power point presentations for certain lessons. The information could be transferred to a prezi and used instead of the power point, thus creating a more futuristic type classroom for the students.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Abstract In this report, the author endeavours to present the how the security issues generally presented on the B2C web sites can assured by technical controls and educating customers. The report presents levels of end-to-end security components that include: physical system security, operating system security and network security. With advent of web applications that are now being used extensively for deploying e-commerce applications, author also presented the web security threat profile of web services that is currently an active research topic.... [tags: Web Security]
2555 words (7.3 pages)
- The World Wide Web is a vast information resource for millions of people is useful. At the same time, the website gradually to business values began to be used as a critical environment, such as industry, academia, business and entertainment internet business is a great source of information in various application domains is an important plays a role. The growing concern about the importance of web application development methods and tools syntactic engineering methods, disciplined use the argument is growing.... [tags: entertainment, assessment, software]
989 words (2.8 pages)
- Software Piracy Software piracy is the copying and reselling of software without the consent of the software creator. It is the copying and reuse of software by large corporations. It is copying software and distributing it on the Web. A country with maybe the biggest software piracy problem is China. In 1994, software piracy was 97% in China.1 In 1999 the rate was still 91%. 2 Software piracy is a huge problem in China. Only Vietnam has a higher piracy rate than China. Stopping the software piracy problem in China will be very difficult.... [tags: China Software Piracy Papers]
2347 words (6.7 pages)
- Software Piracy Software piracy is the illegal reproduction and distribution of software applications, whether it is for personal use or business. In society today, Internet users are obtaining millions of dollars in software illegally. Piracy includes the illegal copying of programs, counterfeiting and distributing software, and even sharing a program with a friend. Software has become such an important productivity tool, the illegal copying and distribution of software piracy persists globally.... [tags: Illegal Computer Software Program Distribution]
741 words (2.1 pages)
- Every school club should have a web site. The Internet is a colossal, extensive, and globe-spanning apparatus in our lives. You can find indications of the Internet everywhere you turn. According to Centerspan, a comprehensive source of transplant information, the Internet is a “worldwide collection of computer networks, cooperating with each other to exchange data using a common software standard.” It is so immense that there are approximately 2 billion Internet users according to the 2011 statistics of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU)/Information & Communications Technology (ICT) Indicators database.... [tags: Education]
1905 words (5.4 pages)
- LT Business Technology Company Team Analysis The team of four individuals involved in starting a consulting firm will build on the strengths of each individual. The following sections will analyze the strengths of team as well as each individual and the roles and responsibilities of each member. In addition a summary of the consulting firm will be discussed as well as five core courses that will be used to ensure the team's success. To begin analyzing the team, the strengths will first be examined.... [tags: Business Analysis Strategy]
1418 words (4.1 pages)
- Software engineering (SE) is the profession concerned with specifying, designing, developing and maintaining software applications by applying technologies and practices from computer science, project management, and other fields. SE applications are used in a wide range of activities, from industry to entertainment. Software applications improve user productivity and quality of life. Application software examples: office suites, video games, and the world wide web. System software examples: embedded systems and operating systems.... [tags: essays research papers]
3459 words (9.9 pages)
- COMPANY BACKGROUND Yahoo. Began as a student hobby and evolved into a global brand that has changed the way people communicate with each other, find and access information and purchase things. The two founders of Yahoo!, David Filo and Jerry Yang, Ph.D. candidates in Electrical Engineering at Stanford University started their guide in a campus trailer in February 1994 as a way to keep track of their personal interests on the Internet. Before long they were spending more time on their home-brewed lists of favorite links than on their doctoral dissertations.... [tags: Yahoo Business Analysis]
1418 words (4.1 pages)
- Web Advertising Web advertising, not to mention the Internet itself, finds itself in a stage of relative infancy and therefore provides marketers with novel challenges and situations which need to be dealt with caution . The realm of Web advertising is unchartered terri tory. In terms of South Africa, the country finds itsef somewhat behind technologically. However, this may not prove to be a disadvantage as the uncertain nature of Web advertising may make a policy of 'watching and learning' most viable.... [tags: essays papers]
5781 words (16.5 pages)
- Software Ethics INTRODUCTION Webster dictionary defines copyright as “the exclusive legal right to reproduce, publish, and sell the matter and form (as of a literary, musical, or artistic work). The copyright law extended to software and technologies aims at protecting the artists who created the product. The owner of the product has the exclusive right to distribute or reproduce his work. To be qualified for the protection, the work has to be original and in a “concrete medium of expression” .... [tags: Copyright Plagiarism Technology Essays]
2246 words (6.4 pages)