Almost 42% of the world 's population has access to the internet. Also, more than 3 billion people around the world now use the Internet via a variety of different devices. In today’s world, for almost every business, it is essential to have a website which serves as an information gateway for customers or visitors to gain insights into the business. Also, the most of Business owners focus on their websites to attract more customers or visitors. Thus, the web analysts start to collect and analyze web data to understand more about customer’s behavior, web traffic, and usage to improve websites to meet customer 's needs and owner 's goal. Thus, Web analytics becomes an essential science to understand how to perform more effective websites content.
Web analytics is the measurement, collection, analysis and reporting of web data for purposes of understanding and optimizing web usage. As a result of collecting and analyzing web data analysts can be able to decide which area need to improve. Also, Web analytics lead to a deeper understanding of website’s visitors by tracking and analyzing their behavior to build website meet their needs. The vital purpose of this paper is to develop a metric based web analytics and enhance our website using key metrics.
2. Goals and Targeted Visitors
Our main goal is to help Saint Joseph’s University students to search for their plan in few steps and perspective students to know more about Saint Joseph’s University departments and the programs that they offered.
3. Important Dates
4. Metrics Analysis
4.1. Traffic Pattern Trend Analysis
Per the above figures, we can see that there are some improvements on the overall performance after revising the website. The number of new...
... middle of paper ...
...website design wise.
4. Extensive use of Trinity mindset is also a planned strategy, which we are going to implement on our website.
5. Usage of right metrics to be analyzed to re-design the website for higher goal achievement rate.
6. Usage of referral sites to increase the traffic.
7. Effective use of Social Media Marketing like Facebook & Twitter.
8. Adding new contents to updates & improved content based on the visitor 's preferences such as adding videos and blogs to engage the visitors.
9. Tracking a number of views for the videos or adding the comments sections for the individual projects to engage and improve the goal conversion rate.
In conclusion, we can say that the changes we made to the website improved the website performance in general. However, there is still some areas that we need to work in to let visitors engage more on our website.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The first time I attended college I studied business and took all my electives in computer classes. I found both areas of study fascinating, but chose to pursue business. I worked my way through school by painting heavy equipment: semis, trailers, large cranes and tugboats; that led me to start a painting business. After a couple of years, my largest customer made me an offer I could not refuse, Operations Manager for their Marine Division. I enjoyed that position for many years until the company founder passed and the family decided to break apart the business and sell its’ assets.... [tags: Bachelor's degree, Academic degree]
750 words (2.1 pages)
- The recent studies shown that almost 30 million companies have a great investments in “Web Analytics”, but they still struggle to make right or meaningful business decisions. Moreover, there are terabytes of data and gigabytes of reports and megabytes of Excel and PowerPoint files which store in most companies without taking any advantage of all those data and actionable insights. Also, many of those companies lack someone who can analyze the huge amount of data and someone who can make a right decision.... [tags: Web analytics, World Wide Web, Data, Page view]
731 words (2.1 pages)
- First thing we do every morning is check our smart phone for new tweets, funny pictures or videos or new posts from our friends and family. According to statista.com the number of smartphone users around the world in 2015 was around 1859 million users. In addition, the number will increase every year as shown in the following figure. In other words, we can say that we are breathing Internet every day and with the use of smartphones, the Internet became available most of the time. Therefore, the Internet becomes an important tool for many businesses, organizations and scientists around the globe.... [tags: World Wide Web, Website, Web page, Internet]
1039 words (3 pages)
- “For every $10 you spend on web analytics technology, you should spend $90 on analysts, analysis and intelligence”. Although technology platforms and tools are becoming cheaper, their wider use in organizations requires greater attention on users and related human systems. Various studies have brought up that while all Fortune 500 organizations have awesome interests in "Web Analytics" regardless they battle to settle on any significant business choices. The vast majority grumble that there are Terabytes of information and Gigabytes of reports and Megabytes of Excel and PowerPoint documents.... [tags: Web analytics, World Wide Web, Figure It Out]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- There is a famous Quote by Bob Becker -“ Math and Science are the LIFE BLOOD of the future ’’ Today, the world is moving faster than ever before. Technologies afford us instant access and split-second connections. At the same time, consumer expectations are rising to sky level as we learn to take speed for granted. How will we keep pace in a world that moves at web speed. Today math plays a major role in technology and sciences. Science and math were initially found together, and they are best adapted together now.... [tags: Education, High school, Mathematics]
1020 words (2.9 pages)
- Avinash Kaushik in his blog proposed the 10/90 rule.  According to him, many large companies that have invested in web analytics tools still struggle to make any meaningful business decisions. Apparently, there is a no dearth of data that is collected via these web analytics tools for these companies. However, the caveat here is that there is no real useful information that is being analyzed from these data. In other words, there are not sufficient people with expertise in these areas working on these web analytics tools for these companies to make any meaningful suggestions from the data for the companies to implement and in return increase their profits or whatever they are trying to ac... [tags: Web analytics, World Wide Web, Google, Page view]
704 words (2 pages)
- Web analytics is the process of analyzing the behavior of visitors to a website. The use of Web analytics is said to enable a business to attract more visitors, retain or attract new customers for goods or services, or to increase the dollar volume each customer spends. By monitoring a Web analytics dashboard, businesses will be able to keep track of the traffic on their websites and tweak them whenever need arises. There are two categories of Web analytics, On-site and Off-site web analytics. Off-site web analytics is used for web measurement and analysis regardless of who owns the website, on the contrary, On-site web analytics is used to for analysis of one’s own website performance.... [tags: Web server, World Wide Web, Cache, Web page]
1293 words (3.7 pages)
- Are you curious why every time you browse the internet there are advertisements similar to what you searched for on the internet for the past days or even the past weeks. Are you amazed how Spotify would have suggested playlist for you that are similar to what genre of songs you listen to. Ever wonder why every time you go to online stores like Amazon, there are recommended items for you. All of these things are possible with the help of technology, especially web analytics. These sites and applications use web analytics to analyze their users or customers.... [tags: World Wide Web, Website, Web page, Web design]
1143 words (3.3 pages)
- Many of today’s companies manipulate data to provide their customers with proper services. These companies utilize data to tailor and promote their ads to satisfy customers’ needs. However, to fluently do so, these companies need to collect, store and process customers’ historical data. Netflix, for example, is a giant data manipulator that collects customers’ data to fluently promote their products. Netflix uses web analytics tools to collect customers’ browsing data and preferences. Without utilizing web analytics, Netflix will not be able to succeed.... [tags: World Wide Web, Web page, Website, Web browser]
1011 words (2.9 pages)
- Not long ago, who was going to sites and was basically a riddle. Website admins put counters on pages to track how often individuals "hit" the page—that is, went to, downloaded, or some other movement—however, that was the degree of the knowledge. Genuine web investigation capacities were restricted to substantial enterprises that could afford to burn through a large number of dollars every month on programming to track and give an account of web action (Introduction to web analytics for E-commerce: How to track activity to optimize your website, 2011).... [tags: Web page, World Wide Web, Web server, Website]
770 words (2.2 pages)