Mass shootings do not happen periodically but when they do, it hits our society hard. Nothing but sorrow and anger fills the hearts of our society, hoping and praying that every one will be alright and that justice will be served. In the U.S alone there are over 270 million guns in our society, according US gun control legislator William J Krouse. With this many guns floating around the US, it is very easy for one of them to fall into the hands of an individual who is looking to hurt someone. Th...
... middle of paper ...
...ton, Mike Brooks, Sarah Aarthun, Joe Sterling, Tina Burnside, and Chelsea Carter. "Gunman turns 'Batman' screening into real-life 'horror film'." CNN. Cable News Network, 1 Jan. 1970. Web. 24 Nov. 2013.
N. SCHULMAN, ARI . "What Mass Killers Want and How To Stop Them." The Wall Street Journal. N.p., n.d. Web. 25 Nov. 2013.
"Schizophrenia: Signs, Types & Causes." Schizophrenia: Signs, Symptoms, Types, Causes, and Effects. N.p., n.d. Web. 24 Nov. 2013.
"Adam Lanza Refused to Take Medication for Mental Illness." - Andrea's Agenda by Andrea Johnson. N.p., n.d. Web. 25 Nov. 2013.
Prothrow-Stith, Deborah, and Howard R. Spivak. Murder Is No Accident: Understanding and Preventing Youth Violence in America. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2004. Print.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Fewer Laws More Guns Is scary to think about family members or close friends dying innocently because they were victims of a gun shooting. The recent shooting at a 7-Eleven store, across from Cerritos College, has many people talking about gun violence. In America, on of the biggest issue is gun violence. Throughout the years, the gun violence in America has been increasing. Most of the time, the shootings occur at schools, stores and at public places where lots of innocent people get injured or dies.... [tags: Firearm, Gun, Gun violence in the United States]
1569 words (4.5 pages)
- “A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.” The right of all Americans to bear arms is a right the Founding Fathers held to equal importance as the Constitution itself. Gun control laws directly violate this right and therefore should not even be under consideration. Even if that issue is overlooked, gun control advocates state that in order to reduce firearm related violence, gun control laws must be implemented to remove the violence caused by firearms.... [tags: argumentative, persuasive, gun control]
2071 words (5.9 pages)
- Gun Control in Utah Should anyone be able to buy a gun in the state of Utah. How do we keep such a dangerous weapon out of the hands from the wrong person. Gun control is the regulation of sales and uses of firearms. The national debate on gun control can get people fired up on both sides of the argument. It 's a very serious issue people are talking about today. There have been many instances where people have considered whether gun laws should be changed to prevent such terrorism acts. Yes, there are both sides to this debate, but the main focus and everybody can agree on is safety.... [tags: Firearm, Gun politics in the United States]
1545 words (4.4 pages)
- Heck claims that “In 2011, there were 12,664 murders in the United States, and of those, 68 percent were caused by firearms” (par.2). Just recently, on Friday the 13th, 2015, CNN nationally reported that more than 120 people were killed when gunmen began to open fire in Paris. The fact is that tragedy has no true end. Without any notice, it will strike, leaving many silenced. As it becomes evident that gun violence is an inevitable act of brutality, which can result in a sudden, yet traumatic death, one 's grief will begin to speak louder than words themselves.... [tags: Firearm, Gun, Supreme Court of the United States]
1834 words (5.2 pages)
- More gun laws less Freedom In the last recent years, the government have become increasingly aware of the demand for stricter guns laws, due to the continuously shooting going on in America. Gun control laws aim to restrict or regulate firearms by selecting who can sell, buy, and possess certain guns. With all the altercations that involved gun shooting in schools and gun violence in America today, at some point, it may seem that to take away all guns may be the answer to this problem. In defense, this is not the answer.... [tags: Firearm, Gun politics in the United States]
1244 words (3.6 pages)
- Guns do not kill people, people do. The American Dream is being able to work towards and achieve whatever makes you happy, whether it be owning your own business, joining the military, or staying at home raising a family, but the only way to reach your dream is to do it without living in fear that your dream will be taken away. In the last couple years mass shootings and attacks on schools have sadly become a common tragedy. Those who have been victims of public shootings or any other life scarring event due to a criminal, along with anyone else who has watched the coverage of the tragedies on the news is somewhat living in fear, but if concealed carry laws were passed then living in fear wo... [tags: Anti Gun Control]
2238 words (6.4 pages)
- Juvenile violence can be stopped through proper routes. "Juvenile violence is not a result of kids ' access to guns, but stems from the failure of our culture to give kids a sense of individual responsibility and respect for human life." (Public Perspectives) Parents now are disregarding the punishment side of raising a child. Without that discipline in their life, they tend to veer off the path to one that might not end up the best. From learning the basics of gun education, a child knows what to do around a gun, how to respect it, and how to not accidentally shoot anyone.... [tags: Firearm, Gun violence in the United States]
1012 words (2.9 pages)
- During my last year of high school, we were required to create a senior project in order to graduate. The project was of your choice, but you had to do extensive research on the topic and prepare a presentation. I chose gun safety, the do’s and don’ts of how to properly keep your gun safe. The reason I mentioned this is because back then I really didn’t realize the potential a gun has to end a life. Without the proper controls it can be a lethal weapon. Currently there are certain measures to control the flow guns and restrict the access to certain individuals who may pose a threat, but they don’t seem to be working.... [tags: Concealed carry in the United States, Firearm]
1201 words (3.4 pages)
- It is impossible not to open a newspaper, watch the television, or listen to the radio with out hearing about some type of gun violence. Perhaps the main reason for such high gun violence is that guns are so plentiful in the Unites States. In fact, there are sixty five million handguns in America ("The `facts' about Guns"). These guns contribute to an annual medical cost of fourteen billion dollars, which is spent solely on treating gun victims ("Handguns in America"). Not surprisingly, handguns are the cause of eighty percent of homicides, seventy percent of suicides, and almost every accidental shooting ("Youth and Violence").... [tags: Second Amendment The Right To Bear Arms]
1724 words (4.9 pages)
- Gun Control Throughout America there is the constant debate concerning the second amendment or the right to bare arms. One day an innocent kid walking home from school gets shot in a drive by shooting is he just a victim of circumstance or could this of been easily prevented. There are lobbyist for the private ownership of guns and lobbyist for legislation to ban personal possession of guns for good. In this paper I hope that just maybe I can persuade you to think differently on a topic that’s stirring up the nation.... [tags: Second Amendment The Right To Bear Arms]
1076 words (3.1 pages)