The tuition and fees at Walla Walla University are the same no matter if you are on campus, off campus, or living at home. Rooms and board will obviously vary because of your location, but books and supplies, are the same and living expenses vary, yet again from location. The tuition for in-state and out-of-state students is the same, you know which is nice if you are wishing to come from Oregon.
On Campus Off Campus At Home Out-Of-State
Tuition/Fees $25,377 $25,377 $25,377 $25,377
Room/Board $5,970 $6,420 $1,587 $5,970
Books/Supplies $1,125 $1,125 $1,125 $1,125
Est. Personal Expense $1,773 $1,773 $1,773 $1,773
Transportation Expense $1,425 $1,425 $1,425 $1,425
Total $37,670 $36, 120 $31,287 $37,670
2 LOCATION/STUDENT POPULATION/TEACHER STUDENT RATIO
Walla Walla University, is located a couple miles outside of Walla Walla, WA in Campus Way, WA. The student population is roughly 4,000 students. And the Student teacher ratio is about 14 students to every one teacher.
3 ATHLETICS/ ACTIVITIES
Walla Walla University offers a range of sports going from club, intermural, and intercollegiate levels. In my own opinion there are not a lot of sports offered but the different levels they have them in allows a lot more access then some of the bigger government owned schools. Here is the list I have compiled of sports played at WWU: Badminton, Basketball, Football (non-tackle), Gymnastics, Ice Hockey, Racquetball, Soccer, Softball, Table Tennis, Tennis, And yes there is Volleyball. WWU is a SDA school so competition and sports are not the highest thing on their agenda. This shows in some of the other activities provided. Campus Ministries, Choral Groups, Concert Band, Drama/Theater, Government/ Political Acti...
... middle of paper ...
• Provost’s Graduate Scholarship
5 MAJORS OFFERED/ MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMITTANCE
There are over 100 majors offered at OIT that students are able to take… Anything from accounting to nuclear engineering. There is a very diverse range of subjects and I will now give you a list of the top five. Health Professions and Related Clinical Sciences, Engineering Technologies, Engineering, Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services, and Psychology. Now here are the requirements for getting into OIT: must have 4 yrs. of English, 2 yrs. of the same Foreign Language, 3 yrs. of History/Social Studies, 3 yrs. of Mathematics, 3 yrs. of science.
6 RETENTION AND GRADUATION RATES
OIT has a graduation rate of 42.2% and a retention rate of 73.0% which is extremely close to the National average of 71.5%. That’s pretty good if you ask me.
Word Count: 498
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... You must have a prerequisite of four years of English, two years of a Foreign Language, three years of Math, two years of Science, and three years of Social Studies. It is recommended that you have a year of History, four years of Math, and one year of a Lab Science. Western Oregon provides a number of scholarship opportunities. Having a student versus teacher ratio of 19-1 you are guaranteed one-on-one time with your professor. I really enjoy this because guidance from teachers is extremely helpful to me and so I could see myself attending Western Oregon for this very reason.... [tags: size, cost, professor, retention]
671 words (1.9 pages)
- The paper examines the success of Nike in the 1990s, identifying their core values, the elements of their competitive advantage and their subcontracting policies. The effects of the bad publicity caused by the poor conditions in their sweatshops are analyzed, the company's turn to the corporate social and environmental responsibilities is described. Recommendations are suggested about the strategic development of Nike over the next five years. The paper responds to the following tasks: Explain Nike's mission, vision and values in about 1990, and critically analyze the basis of Nike's competitive advantage at that time.... [tags: Business Management]
1379 words (3.9 pages)
- PURPOSE BACKGROUND Universiti Teknologi MARA Universiti Teknologi MARA or UiTM, established in 1956. UITM can be considered as the largest university in the Malaysia with a main campus, three cable campuses, 12 branch campuses, six city campuses, 25 affiliated campuses and a smart campus for the future. Presently, the Shah Alam campus is host to 45% of the total 100,000 students. Information system management(ISM) is the one of the course that offered by Universiti Teknologi MARA.ISM is the study of people, technology, organizations and the relationships among them.... [tags: university evaluation and comparison]
1118 words (3.2 pages)
- The Oregon Trail The Oregon Trail was a very important aspect in the history of our country’s development. When Marcus and Narcissa Whitman made the first trip along the Oregon Trail, many Americans saw a window of opportunity. The Oregon Trail was the only practical way to pass through the Rockies. Pioneers crammed themselves into small wagons to try to make it to the unsettled land; however, 10% of these pioneers died on the way due to disease and accidents. The journey along the Oregon Trail was a very long and rough experience.... [tags: History Historical Oregon Trail Essays]
627 words (1.8 pages)
- For 18 years of most students’ lives, they are kept behind closed doors of public elementary, middle, and high schools. One does not choose which high school is best for one’s personality, nor should they expect to. Finally, after 18 long years, the doors open, and the caged student is free to see the real world for the first time. College offers this immaculate entry into the real world, and students are finally free to choose where they wish to go. Should they go to a public college, or a private college.... [tags: comparative, college, university]
977 words (2.8 pages)
- The discipline of Electronic Engineering has involved itself greatly into today’s society. Every day, people use technology that was pioneered by those who have studied the science of electronic components and applied the engineering principles of electronics towards creating devices and technology that benefit society. The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) is the largest professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for societies benefit. As students become Electronic Engineers, they will become involved with the IEEE during their careers and help in developing new and beneficial technologies.... [tags: Engineering]
959 words (2.7 pages)
- ... Thus making it easier to put forward what you have learned and to help make a better society. What is the purpose of an educational institute. To become a well-informed citizen. Homogenize society. “Historically, American education has alternated between the promotion of learning for its own sake and training for specific careers. Those taunting classical education have stressed the goal of effective citizenship, which promotes a broadly education population able to think critically. Vocational education advocates emphasizes society’s need to prepare students for work after graduation.... [tags: effective learning, making better people]
622 words (1.8 pages)
- I had an opportunity to visit the oriental institute museum . During my visit to the museum I was made aware of its location and the importance of it to chicago. The museum housed many exhibits of historical value dating civilization back to the paleolithic period of 2,500,000-100,000 B.C. Below you'll find examples of mans rise through the use of tools and refined skills from cave living to structured living throughout evolution. This is an experience that has grounded me to a new interest in structures that we have devised to become the homes we use today for the rest of my life.... [tags: Museum]
994 words (2.8 pages)
- "My parents didn't go to university and weren't brought up in England. They hadn't heard of any universities other than 'Cambridge' or 'Oxford’ " - Richard Ayoade. This Quote by Richard Ayoade reflects how great and prestigious Oxford and Cambridge were made out to be. Everybody wanted to go there and everybody knew about them. Over the centuries, both the universities have achieved greater and greater things than before. Today, facts throughout all the centuries, decades, and years of Cambridge will be discussed in terms of expansion, academics, new discoveries, and new achievements at Cambridge University.... [tags: university, academics, education, England]
1064 words (3 pages)
- University Foundation The presentation I choose to summarize is Greg Gissendanner’s presentation on the university foundation. Like most of the other presentations in class, Greg used the standard outline of presenting the unit’s history, mission, organizational structure, funding and financial concerns, and current issues. History. Greg showed that while many foundations look fairly similar today, the history of foundation development took on many different forms at different institutions.... [tags: University Foundation Education Essays]
2665 words (7.6 pages)