The Vote Spotter App is an application that allows people to find out about how their State level and Federal level legislators voted on individual bills or topics. Once you vote, this application also shows you how the majority of people with this same application has voted and if the legislator voted with the majority or against them. The application also gives you ways to contact your legislators, email or office number, and to follow them on several media outlets such as Facebook or Twitter. These are just a few advantages for users to have with this application but the legislators themselves also have advantages with this application as well.
One of the main factors of this application that contributes an advantage for legislators is that they can see how the public votes on these same topics they have already voted on. This gives them a rough idea of how they are doing on a more daily or weekly basis with knowing they have made decisions in favor of the public or not. There are also some disadvantages that come along with this application such as technical difficulties where the web portion of the application has not worked for myself on three different computers or the possible false representation this application might have since every voter may not currently have this application and people who are ineligible to vote may use this application. This application is just one of many advantages or disadvantages legislators may have in congressional electoral politics. Other advantages, centered more around elections, include candidate-centered electoral politics where legislators focus their campaign around themselves with their past accomplishments and experience as the incumbent to gain votes. Being the incumbent ...
... middle of paper ...
...cles within newspapers the public has a vast amount of information at their fingertips about Congress and how they are currently performing. While a lot of the information throughout the media can be biased for whatever political party they are affiliated with, there are some outlets where they do not give advice or restrict what is on their news outlet letting the public to decide themselves how they want to perceive Congress and the their individual legislators like this application.
The Vote Spotter App overall is a very simple and quick way to keep up on how your legislators have voted, and to see how the rest of the population has voted, making it an easy tool to see the performance of your legislators. As developers continue with technical issues and inputting more data to be seen and used this application could in the future become a necessity when voting.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- This semester in for engineering by design we were assigned to design a product that we would work on for the whole semester and hopefully have complete by the end. Throughout this semester we also learned what the process of design entails. From learning how to choose a product for the market to figuring how the product would affect the environment. We learned a great deal this semester. Our group decided to design an application for the semester. This came with a lot of challenges but also a great deal of learning.... [tags: App Concept]
1128 words (3.2 pages)
- StartsWith App StartsWith app is the latest universal app compatible with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad created by New Horizon Media. It is a word-building game that keeps your interest along the way. Its updated version, StartsWith 1.4, was released on 26 August 2013. This application runs on iOS 5.0 or later, being optimized for iPhone 5. StartsWith app actually starts with the story of how the library of Alexandria has burnt. Consequently thousands of books, manuscripts and scrolls have been lost.... [tags: application, story, role, language, level]
533 words (1.5 pages)
- The product that this company will be providing is a software application that can be placed on your mobile device in addition to being able to be accessed online. Users will download the application from our website directly allowing for them to select the application that fits their needs. For the first product line we will be targeting provincial meat processing plants. This product line will allow for the users to easily complete government required paperwork. There will be three versions of this software.... [tags: System software, Application software]
1573 words (4.5 pages)
- When applying utilitarianism, one must choose the action that produces the most amount of good to society, which in this case, Mill would not be in favor of the app Haystack. By discontinuing this app, the urban community as a whole would benefit since there are inequalities among the socioeconomic status’ of the people living in the densely populated cities. While some drivers are willing to pay for a spot each day, such as the upper or upper-middle class, others such as the lower or lower-middle classes might not be able to.... [tags: Categorical imperative, Immanuel Kant]
915 words (2.6 pages)
- Introduction As in every presidential election cycle, the aftermath of the 2012 United States presidential elections concluded with winners and losers. Aside than Barack Obama securing the presidential office for a second term, another group of winners had emerged - the quants. In contrast to popular pundits and talking heads whom were making election predictions based on hopeful hunches, statistical modeling rising stars such as Simon Jackman, Drew Linzer, Sam Wang, and Nate Silver were able to predict the election results with overwhelming accuracy, yielding a perfect score in predicting each state’s outcome.... [tags: predictors of vote choice]
3237 words (9.2 pages)
- Reflector Reflector is an app that allows for Air Play mirroring to a computer. This is an app that I have used in order to do presentation in certain applications on my iPad for classes and has become very useful. We have become so accustomed to wires being everywhere, that it is nice to have a break from such a disorderly setting. Reflector is an application that can be used easily in both school, and a business setting. Its ease of use and simple interface makes it the perfect app for presentations.... [tags: presentations, interface, mobile]
566 words (1.6 pages)
- The 19th amendment states that the United States Constitution prohibits any United States citizen from being denied the right to vote on the basis of sex. The 19th amendment was a significant turning point for many women in America. It gave women freedom that they didn’t have before. Before this amendment was passed many women had no self portrayal, something they couldn’t reach with a male figure ruling next to them. That was until 1920 when the 19th amendment was passed. The amendment let women into power giving them social justice and many political rights.... [tags: women, right, vote, constitution]
1335 words (3.8 pages)
- Standard 1 We downloaded "Create A Ride" from the Google store as our first app for standard one. The first ISTE standard is all about sparking creativity and students expressing themselves. In the game students will create a car and customize it the way they like, it is a great way for students to be creative and express themselves through their car. This app isn’t really educational enough to use in the classroom but i would suggest it to parents with young students. This app supports 21st century skill, because it is online and students will use phones, iPads, or computers to build and create something.... [tags: education techqniques, technology in the classroom]
816 words (2.3 pages)
- Many different companies such as Apple have affected the development and advancement of cellular devices in our modern technological era. Apple has released various types of products such as the IPhone. In our day and age, almost all of the phones enable the use of apps. Also, various types of apps can be found in the market according to the audience and their interests. Most of us use apps on a daily basis for personal or professional reasons. These apps were originated and produced by different people according to their interests.... [tags: Process Essay]
879 words (2.5 pages)
- The iPhone’s App Store has revolutionized the cell phone industry. The app store was launched in the summer of 2008. Since then it has more than 140,000 apps and those apps have been downloaded over 3,000,000,000 times. The app store’s influence is huge and it only continues to get bigger and bigger. The app store provides an outlet for developers to market additional games and utilities to consumers. Applications, or apps for short, add different features to a phone that allow it to be utilized in a multitude of different ways.... [tags: Technology]
1743 words (5 pages)