I am going to discuss what the vision, mission and value statements are and how they are important to our business. Each statement has different qualities which I will discuss in my presentation. The future of our business and the Vision of who we are goes with our philosophy and ideals of who we want to be.
The vision statement should inspire your employees and give them direction on how your organization intends them to act and give them purpose. It also, gives our members understanding of what type of private club they would like to do business with. The mission statement defines the club’s primary objectives and purpose. It’s the Club’s key piece of communication to Board of Directors, employees, and members. The value statement communicates the wishes of the company’s basic principles, philosophy and ideals.
Effectively communicating the company’s vision down the ranks of upper management, lower management and employees of what direction the company has chosen. The vision is expected to help employees and management to move forward in the direction the organization has set forth. It is the intent of the vision statement to inspire and lift spirits while engaging in the commitment and task to mobilize support of the winning vision of the club. To unite our vision you should focus on a positive support of the organization to have a greater impact in arousing a committed team. An example of a vision statement is: Walmart “Saving People Money So They Can Live Better” (Strickland, Gamble, Peteraf, 2012)
The statement communicates the leaderships view about the club’s long term direction. It guides the employee’s and management to reduce risk in decision making and leads them into the future. Part o...
... middle of paper ...
... and strive to be you will have three solid statements for your organization that can be used as a guide for a successful business.
Strickland, T., Gamble, J., Peteraf, M., (2012).Charting a Company’s Direction: Chapter 2, Vision and Mission, McGraw-Hill, Retrieved from http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/sites/dl/free/0078112729/898107/Chapter02.pdf
Tearle, R. (n.d.). Visions and Values. Retrieved from http://www.changedesigns.net/public/organisation/org_strategy/What-are-vision-and-values.html
Kohl’s Press Room, (2014) Retrieved from http://www.kohlscorporation.com/pressroom/PressRoom02A.htm
McDonald’s.com, McDonald’s Values, 2010-2014, Retrieved from http://www.aboutmcdonalds.com/mcd/our_company/mission_and_values.html
Smith, S. (n.d.) EHow Money. What is a Value Statement?
Retrieved from http://www.ehow.com/about_5063071_value-statement_.html
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- NEH should conduct an external and internal analysis known as a SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats) Analysis (Buchbinder & Shanks, 2012). SWOT analysis is a strategic measure designed to help identify or pinpoint strategic plans that are deserving of pursuit in growing an organization or protecting its standing strengths (Buchbinder & Shanks, 2012). The SWOT analysis brings into focus the internal capabilities, the external threats, and market opportunities (Buchbinder & Shanks, 2012).... [tags: Marketing, Health care, Marketing strategy]
1089 words (3.1 pages)
- In the essay I will be comparing and contrasting two fortune 500 companies while also explaining the principle value of two vision statements, the principle value of two mission statements. I will also offer how the mission and vision declarations help in choosing an business particular approach. To see the two, a vision statement gives a connection 's ideal objective and explanation for closeness, while a statement of purpose gives an outline of the meeting courses of action to appreciate that vision by perceiving the association areas, target social event of onlookers, and qualities and goals of the alliance. A mission statement is a composed announcement of an association 's center reaso... [tags: Walt Disney, The Walt Disney Company, Statements]
750 words (2.1 pages)
- Critically evaluate the mission, vision and values of a company that you are familiar with and propose alternative formulations of same The Mission, Vision and Values of a company play a Fundamental role in Strategy Formulation and Strategic planning. We will discuss throughout this assignment, how developing effective mission, vision and values can help shape, develop and guide a firms Strategic choices. They reflect the firm's fundamental core ideology. At the most basic level a mission statement can describe the firms overall purpose for being.... [tags: strategic planning, mission statement]
1675 words (4.8 pages)
- The Mission of MyEyeDr. The last three years have marked historical growth for MyEyeDr. the company continues to expand into new territory going from just three states and fifty offices to eleven states and over three hundred offices. Since my first day of work in the company, many things have changed or evolved into new initiatives. Among those evolutions, we will find the mission and vision statements, included. In MyEyeDr.’s Associate Handbook, the former mission statement was “to offer our patients uncompromising quality, value and convenience (2013).” These days, however, this mission statement has completely changed.... [tags: Strategic planning, Mission statement, Management]
1925 words (5.5 pages)
- Financial Analysis A mission statement is a written statement that tells others what the company does. The mission statement in a very short form explains to readers how they operate in a general sense. Mission statements are not super specific or detailed just general. “A mission statement is a concise statement of a company 's reason for being, what it actually does, and for whom. It should contain what products and services the company produces for which target market, as well as how it considers itself different or unique.... [tags: Strategic planning, Statements, Mission statement]
895 words (2.6 pages)
- The Mission, Vision and Values of a company play a Fundamental role in Strategy Formulation and Strategic planning. We will discuss throughout this assignment, how developing effective mission, vision and values can help shape, develop and guide a firms Strategic choices. They reflect the firm's fundamental core ideology. At the most basic level a mission statement can describe the firms overall purpose for being. It provides an inside to the present business scope and purpose of the firm that is "who we are, what we do, and why we are here".... [tags: Mission, Vision, Value]
1198 words (3.4 pages)
- Sure, most company heads know what they want their organizations to become in the future, but unfortunately unless those goals are communicated to the members who are able to position the company in such a manner to arrive at that destination, the organizations are likely to end up somewhere unintended. If those leaders fail to communicate the vision and the culture to guide the organization in the right direction, the vision of the leader is likely to never be fully realized. As Laurence J. Peter comically stated, “If you don't know where you are going, you will probably end up somewhere else.” The concept of a vision statement, if approached correctly and if properly crafted, can ensure... [tags: goals, Vision Statement, ]
602 words (1.7 pages)
- Mission, Vision, and Values Paper Introduction I am considering the company I work for Lockheed Martin to develop a modified strategic plan that will focus on responding to the United States government's and Department of Defense's (DoD) new "Network Centricâ initiatives. Lockheed Martin's Corp. is a publicly traded private corporation that provides high technology products and services to the United States government, DoD, and other international governments. Lockheed Martin is the largest defense contractor in the US with a branding statement "Our brand means qualityâ and a company slogan of "We never forget who we work forâ.... [tags: Business]
1006 words (2.9 pages)
- Vision and Mission Vision and mission statements play a vital role in the strategic planning of an organization. Aguinis (2013) states defining an organization’s current and future identity are a key component of the strategic planning process. Strategic planning creates a blueprint to chart an organization’s goals and to aid in the division of resources to properly achieve the established goals (Aguinis, 2013). Properly communicating the goals and identity of an organization are essential if employees are to completely understand their purpose and mission to the organization.... [tags: strategic planning, Harley Davidson, identity]
1295 words (3.7 pages)
- I. INTRODUCTION Everybody that is in business is there to make a profit (some firms are just tax shelters) and there are only so many products and services available. What sets the competition apart is how they execute their business practices. This is where a mission statement becomes the “blueprint” for doing business. “The mission statement needs to be longer than a phrase or sentence, but not a 2-page document” (David, 2003). This document not only points the managers in the right direction, it also gives the employee a sense of why they are working for this company.... [tags: Whole Foods Mission Goal Analysis]
1327 words (3.8 pages)