This position is a lot different than someone who is looking to be a virtual employee, because your task load is completely different. As stated above, managers have a lot to know to complete their job, and most employee positions just require general basics of sales, or general knowledge of the tasks they will be competing. Now don’t get me wrong, there is a lot of tasks that employees need to do, but when looking at the big picture, managers will be competing the bigger tasks that take experience.
When hiring virtual teams located in different time zones, you will always run into advantages and disadvantages. Some advantages with having virtual teams consist is cost savings. Cost savings is huge when you have virtual teams, because it prevents you from buying property, maintenance costs, technology upgrades, and utility bills when owing your own facility. Another great thing about virtual teams, is expanding the market to new regions and possibly new countries. Furthermore, the virtual team can work on projects all day, because there’ll be a team working on the project in different time zones and countries, making it a more productive assignment. Then again, there are a...
... middle of paper ...
... for individual team members, ensure adequate knowledge and skill of the employee, and setting standards for team objectives. If managers follow these five steps, they will strive with success and meet their yearly goals. Then again, this is easier said than done. Managers will need to study communication barriers by figuring out time zones and possibly invest into software that allows translation with conversation. Another important job that managers will need to complete is building a trust with their employees, but before the manager even attempts to build this trust, they will need to hire individuals with the knowledge and skills need to complete the daily tasks. Once a team has been established, managers can begin setting up individual team objectives and standards. With all of these points being meet, succession is going to be an easy outcome for any manager.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Being appointed as the leader of a Product Sales Team at Cisco, I was challenged with the ambitious goal to deliver the business growth. Working through Cisco’s Sales Teams and Partners as well as directly with customers, my team had to grow Datacenter-related product sales with the special focus on servers. This task seemed especially tough because of the market conditions. In 2014-2016 server market in Russia declined by 20% and our revenue from the previous year dropped with the market. By that time, I’d already known operations well enough to understand that the aim could not be achieved by using the existing processes and team set-up.... [tags: Management, Team, Marketing, Sales]
778 words (2.2 pages)
- Cisco incorporated has grown significantly over the years, since its inception and has established itself as the number one technology company throughout the industry. Initially, Cisco started as manufacturers of modems and routers, and has expanded its scope over the years. This paper will attempt to address Cisco’s operations and strategies in foreign markets it will also delve into the strengths, weaknesses and threats in the political, legal and economic environment in which it operates. Cisco incorporated operates in geographic regions of the Americas, Asia, and Europe, Africa, and the Middle East.... [tags: silicon intelligence, cisco systems, internet]
1114 words (3.2 pages)
- For this paper I will relate to a previous position I had as Sales Manager for Weed Man Lawn Care in Hermitage, Pennsylvania. It is a seasonal job that runs from January through May and I plan to go back next season and will hopefully apply some of the principles I learned during this course. In this position I train and mentor all new salesmen as well as oversee and participate in the sales floor. In chapter 1 we talked a lot about the differences between what the old conceptions of what managers are compared to the new view of how they should be.... [tags: Employment, Sales, Management, The Work]
1638 words (4.7 pages)
- Can I Speak To Your Manager. When you go to a store or restaurant and are unhappy with the service what is the first thing you say. Can I speak to your manager please. When you say that what do you expect. An expert in the field, customer service or maybe just an older adult that will be more understanding. Well, managers are usually all of these and more. With retail being an artery in the body of the United States economy ( over three million retail stores nationwide) everyone has either worked in it or shopped at a location and has an opinion on it.... [tags: Retailing, Store manager, Sales, Supermarket]
1163 words (3.3 pages)
- In the career field, there are many careers and jobs to enjoy such as being a sales manager. As a sales manager, you will be expected to be a leader; however, a sales manager will also set a sales goal for the year, train and hire new members of his or her sales team, and will mark sales territories to certain salesman as to where they will sell their product. Most sales managers are expected to work long hours, late evenings, and weekends. Many sales managers’ annual wages are $98,530, but what a sales manager makes, depends on where he or she works.... [tags: Career Essays]
916 words (2.6 pages)
- In the computer age, vulnerabilities and back doors into devices are proving heaven for hackers and hell for administrators. Every week it seems that new vulnerabilities are discovered in different devices. Cisco IOS is no different and numerous vulnerabilities can be found in their devices. The aim of the report is to research vulnerabilities in Cisco's IOS operating system. Tools available in Backtrack 5 will be used to exploit the vulnerabilities. GNS3 will be used to set up a working topology to work in conjunction with Backtrack 5 to demonstrate the tools.... [tags: computer age, cisco, network topology]
1869 words (5.3 pages)
- A sales presentation for a new HTC phone to a target market in California would entail an introduction, body, and a conclusion as a call to action. The introduction would start with a greeting to the audience and an introduction of the HTC sales team. The team would be trying to sell the new HTC one M9 and the sales manager in charge of mobile devices would lead the presentation assisted by two sales executives. HTC is a Taiwanese multinational that specializes in manufacturing tablets and smartphones whose slogan is “Here’s to Change”.... [tags: Marketing, Sales, Sales management, Taiwan]
942 words (2.7 pages)
- What is Cisco Certification. Cisco certification is a accomplished scientific boost certificate skeleton which is feature with ongoing by Cisco company for advancing Cisco technology, cultivating the repercussion management design again designing troubleshooting personnel. Candidates burden help the prevailed Cisco certificates as valid combat of bread change or company qualification. know steam are five levels of certification: Entry, Associate, Professional, Expert, and Architect, now well thanks to seven different paths, Routing & Switching, Design, notoriety Security, cooperation Provider, Storage Networking, Voice, and Wireless.... [tags: Higher Education ]
845 words (2.4 pages)
- Cisco Current Performance As a company Cisco Systems is still a powerhouse in their industry. It is the worldwide leader in networking for the Internet. Although they have broadened their product line tremendously since they first started, they still try to stick to the same business policies and plans that they had when they first started out. Cisco’s net sales for the last fiscal year were over eighteen billion dollars. This is an unbelievable amount of money for a company to generate if you consider this company is not even twenty-five years old.... [tags: Essays Papers]
3243 words (9.3 pages)
- COMPANY PROFILE Cisco Systems is one of the largest network communications company in the world. Cisco provides networking solutions that customers use to build a integrated information infrastructure of their own, or to connect to someone else’s network. Cisco also offers an extensive range of hardware products used to form information networks, or to give them access to these networks. Cisco also has it’s own software called IOS software, which provides network services and enables networked applications.... [tags: essays research papers]
332 words (0.9 pages)