The term Virtual Reality is a very unique way of bringing life to a world which doesn't even exist. There are many ways by which people have been trying to bring in the consent of the audience and to grab their interest. The history of virtual reality is marvelous in terms of what it was and what it is now. When before 1960s virtual reality existed, it was popular with the term "Pygmalion's Spectacles". Then there was "View-Master" a device in which there was a circular disc having small pictures in it and to view these pictures a person has to use a viewer where he places the disc inside of the designated place and then view in the direction of light. Then from the year 2000 onwards there were many platforms which promoted the vision of VR like Movies, Games, Computer and Cellphones.
VIRTUAL REALITY IN ACTION:
As described above, it means bringing a world to life. Virtual Reality got famous from the gaming industry and from sci-fi movies. In science fiction films there were numerous scenes about person wearing goggles and then looking into a different world or a portal. Things which are presented in movies do fascinate the viewers and so the real Virtual Reality concept came to life. This thing was also seen from the gaming industry as one of the biggest Graphics Processing Chip Company NVidia built its first stereoscopic goggles called NVidia 3D vision. The sole purpose of those glasses was to wear them while playing a game and it will make you feel like you are the character and you are inside the game. Some of the games which made this technology popular are Battlefield, Batman, HAWX and Crysis.
In 2011 NVidia announced their 3D glasses 2 which made the gamers curious as what the VR glasses 1 de...
... middle of paper ...
... the technology is making students to learn flying easily and the thing is from the help of VR technology they can even feel what's going on and they can also see the true cockpit environment and the outer view from it while flying. Similarly before going in space, the astronauts are taught how to live in space and how things are going to be there without gravity and how things are while in that environment. Because of the help of Virtual Reality doctors have learnt a lot about the unconscious mind of specimen under observation. There is a new device called the Dream Machine, which allows to observe brain activity while a person is sleeping which can teach us about the brain and what it is thinking while we are sleeping. There are patterns and in some machines there are options to actually see on screen what is the brain of a person sleeping is watching.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- How Virtual Reality Is Transforming Industries And Changing Our Lives Virtual reality may not have thrived in recent times due to several misconceptions but with advancement in knowledge and technology, it is beginning to shape our world and making life more enjoyable. In the nearest future, virtual reality is moving to change the way we communicate, shop, experience, view and even do business. Having said all that, what is virtual reality. Virtual reality is a technology that alters the perception of humans through virtual systems.... [tags: Virtual reality, Reality, Virtual]
1083 words (3.1 pages)
- Augmented Reality (AR) is a real time direct or indirect view of the physical real world that is enhanced or augmented with computer generated information. AR is both interactive and registered in 3D, combining real and virtual objects. AR enhances a user’s perception of the real world and the way they interact with it. The augmented Reality’s main purpose is simplifying the user’s life, by bringing virtual information to their immediate surroundings through an indirect view of the real-world environment.... [tags: Virtual reality, Augmented reality]
702 words (2 pages)
- Analyzing the looks of new furniture in home and its arrangement in various settings, without placing real furniture, is possible now. Company representatives not only talking & displaying about their products, but they can show where and in what way products can be arranged. Coca-Cola and IKEA are demonstrating their products in community apartments. Technology behind this way of doing business is Augmented Reality. Concept of Augmented Reality is not new. It started way back in 1968, when Ivan Sutherland developed first head-mounted display system to show computer generated wireframe drawings.... [tags: Reality, Virtual reality, Augmented reality]
1274 words (3.6 pages)
- ACCEPTANCE, naturally, is the challenge. Virtual Reality, on the opposite hand, presents a chance for hands-on experience otherwise hard to obtain. Alas, in virtual reality, it's tough to understand what's real. Virtual Reality is among the many types of computer technology that schools have started to use often in the past decade. In the United States and other developed countries, it is entering young people's classrooms as well. This trend a part of a larger determination to come up with a digital offering even further, dependent on cooperative usage and internet training to make the most of effectiveness and coverage of our content for the advantage of our clientele.... [tags: Virtual reality, Simulated reality]
810 words (2.3 pages)
- How Will Virtual Reality Change Our Lives In The Future. What is Virtual Reality. Virtual reality is a digital experience that gives a real which nobody can see because it doesn’t exist in the real world. Virtual reality is like closing your eyes and experiencing the sound of music like as if you are in front of a live artist or at that exact place and time when the instrumentals of a song were being composed. It is basically experiencing things that do not exist. Virtual reality is a 3D computer universe that one can access using digital technology.... [tags: Virtual reality, Augmented reality]
1101 words (3.1 pages)
- The purpose of this paper is to explain how virtual reality is used in everyday life. It is used in many ways in today's society. Several people immediately think of video games or entertainment when they hear virtual reality. Virtual reality is not only used for entertainment purposes but it is also used for medical and educational purposes. It can help people overcome their fears, deal with and treat social anxiety, and it can also be a helpful teaching tool to connect students and teachers in long-distance learning.... [tags: Virtual reality, Simulated reality]
1814 words (5.2 pages)
- Introduction Think about being able to see the sights of Ancient Rome and then later explore the pyramids of Ancient Egypt, all without leaving the comfort of your home or place of work. All this and more is achievable by the developing field of virtual reality. While virtual reality is just beginning to scratch the surface of its potential as an entertainment and education tool, there are still an abundance of virtual reality programs already in use today. Virtual reality programs are presently used in video game consoles to enhance the gaming experience and it is also used as an educational tool.... [tags: Virtual reality, Simulated reality]
993 words (2.8 pages)
- VR Research Essay 30 years ago, virtual reality or VR was not even thought of. And now we have advanced virtual reality gaming setups costing thousands. Virtual reality has been around for roughly 10 years now and some say that is it here to stay, while others say it will die off soon. I am a gamer at heart but have not been around virtual reality enough to know all about it, other than the fact that it is fun and seems like we have only scratched the surface. My goals are to gather a bit more knowledge on current virtual reality tech, what’s to come of virtual reality, and virtual reality’s effect on gaming.... [tags: Virtual reality, Augmented reality]
1693 words (4.8 pages)
- 30 years ago, virtual reality or VR was not even thought of. And now we have advanced virtual reality gaming setups costing thousands. Virtual reality has been around for roughly 10 years now and some say that is it here to stay, while others say it will die off soon. I am a gamer at heart, but have not been around virtual reality enough to know all about it, other than the fact that it is fun and seems like we have only scratched the surface. My goals are to gather a bit more knowledge on current virtual reality tech, what’s to come of virtual reality, and virtual reality’s affect on gaming.... [tags: Virtual reality, Augmented reality]
1691 words (4.8 pages)
- The invention of an imaginary world will lead a huge change in education. An imaginary world which can simulate a three-dimensional image or environment. An imaginary that can let us even reverse the irreversible things. So, what is that imaginary world. It is virtual reality. Virtual reality is different from videos that we watch on screen because video only shows a two-dimensional image, videos are just like pictures that keep moving to another picture. Virtual reality is different; virtual reality does not only show pictures also embodies pictures.... [tags: Virtual reality, Education, School, Reality]
1305 words (3.7 pages)