Essay PreviewMore ↓
Have you ever wondered where Microsoft will go next with Windows, well now it is time for you to find out. Microsoft has almost completed Windows 2000, which will be the new era for software around the world. In the last year computers have grow dramatically, with the new Pentium II chip and processors with the speeds up to 450MHZ. Almost every family home in America today has at least one personal computer. Whether it is for business or pleasure, more and more people are realizing the significance of computers. I am going to unleash the information that will show you how Windows 2000 will work.
Windows 2000 is an operating system that configures your hardware for you. With its structure based upon Windows 98 and NT, they have also introduced revolutionary interface enhancements.
New Advancement Topics
? Plug and Play
Power management for the latest desktop and notebook models.
? Web integration
That has one interface for browsing local files, Intranets, and the Internet.
? One-step management
A customizable console that lets you control computers, peripherals, users, security settings, from any desktop.
? Directory services
Which can handle all the tasks of managing users, groups, shared peripherals, and security, it also allows you to do all this over worldwide networks.
? Serious security
A new security system that will use smart cards and other physical keys to let you access the computer.
Plug and Play
The new Plug and Play will allow you to handle all your hardware chores from one central location without restarting your computer. And at the location you will also be able to inspect driver device settings, update drivers, or troubleshoot resource conflicts. I am sure that this will be extremely helpful to many people out in the computer world including myself. With this feature it will make looking for a program or installing one a breeze.
The Internet has become one of the biggest things used in homes and companies. It allows people at home to go shopping, check the weather, buy stocks, and work without ever leaving the desk. Companies are using it to publicize and inform people about them and their products. They also use it internally to connect different floors together via e-mail. With new Internet settings you will be able to choose your Web-style views thus letting you control what comes up on the screen without you saying, 'what the hell is that.';
With current Window versions, there's no way to find a file-using Explorer.
How to Cite this Page
"Windows 2000." 123HelpMe.com. 24 Jan 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Backing up Active Directory in Windows 2000 Generally speaking, the backup of mission critical data is the most important part of any IT engineer’s job. While recovering the missing data is important, additional consideration needs to be given to getting the network framework back up and running quickly so that employees can get back to work, saving the company the added cost of lost man-hours. We also need to ensure that the network structure that gets restored is one that the employees are use to using.... [tags: Computer programming Windows Directory]
1937 words (5.5 pages)
- Windows 2000 Professional Summary In this first part of class we covered the entire Windows 2000 Professional operating system. We covered everything that you would need to know to install, use and administer Windows 2000 Professional. All of the labs we did helped us further understand the Windows 2000 operating system. We did everything from installing Windows to encrypting files. I liked the labs where we had to set up user profiles and permissions. Philip was my partner for any labs that required a partner.... [tags: Essays]
4373 words (12.5 pages)
- Windows 2000 Windows NT Workstation 5.0 is now called Windows 2000 Professional Windows NT Server 5.0 is now Windows 2000 Server Windows NT Server Enterprise Edition becomes Windows 2000 Advanced Server Plus there is a new offering: Windows 2000 Datacenter Server Windows 2000 Professional will be limited to support only two processors. Windows 2000 Server will be able to support up to four processors. Windows 2000 Advanced Server will support up to eight processors. And Windows 2000 Datacenter Server will support up to 32 processors and additional clustering functions.... [tags: Free Essay Writer]
513 words (1.5 pages)
- Have you ever wondered where Microsoft will go next with Windows, well now it is time for you to find out. Microsoft has almost completed Windows 2000, which will be the new era for software around the world. In the last year computers have grow dramatically, with the new Pentium II chip and processors with the speeds up to 450MHZ. Almost every family home in America today has at least one personal computer. Whether it is for business or pleasure, more and more people are realizing the significance of computers.... [tags: essays research papers]
712 words (2 pages)
- Comparison of Windows 2000 and Knoppix Linux Boot Disk Introduction What is X Windows. The X Window System, often known as X, is a windowing system for graphics workstations developed at MIT with support from DEC, Indiana University (1997-2005). What is the Microsoft counterpart. Microsoft's Windows Graphic Device Interface or (GDI) performs the same functionality for Windows as X Windows does for UNIX or Linux operating systems. We begin the journey by separating out the Windows manager (KDM) from the X Windows (XFree86) on the Knoppix Linux disk.... [tags: Compare Contrast Technology Essays]
803 words (2.3 pages)
- Should this business update to Windows 2000 from Windows 98 for its office PCs. In the business world today, computers and the software applications that run on them basically control an well-organized business. Every major company is equipped with a computer, or network that connects through different branches throughout the firm. To keep up with the fastest technology that dominates the market is to be a sensible buyer. A system can be outdated in a matter of two years time. Therefore, it is necessary for the business to update to Windows 2000 from Windows 98 for its office PCs.... [tags: essays research papers]
472 words (1.3 pages)
- An Operating system is system software that controls the system’s hardware that interacts with users and the application software. As we all may know, Windows Microsoft has always been a commercial high-level sale in the retail industry and an in domain operating system used today. But there are more operating systems than just Windows Microsoft than the general population may assume. Linux is another well-known operating systems, which is free and open-source software. Linux is also used in companies we would have never thought of like Google, NASA, USPS, Amazon and many more companies.... [tags: Microsoft Windows, Windows Vista, Operating system]
2315 words (6.6 pages)
- Windows Networking How does DDNS replace WINS in Windows 2000 and later. DDNS replaces WINS by allowing DNS clients to update information in the DNS database files. IP Addresses and DNS records stay in synch so that you can use DNS and DHCP together seamlessly. WINS listens to NBT broadcasts and can not update IP Address information if the DHCP lease expires since the NBT broadcasts registers the machines IP Address with the WINS Server at boot up. NetBIOS is not routable which further complicates things.... [tags: Technology Networking Windows Report]
1897 words (5.4 pages)
- Comparison and Contrast Windows & Windows Me Pamela R Kerr NTC / 410 Richard Bohn June 22, 2005 Comparison and Contrast Windows & Windows Me This paper will identify comparison and contrast of Windows and Windows Me, which will include the program description, planning the scope and plan objectives, vocabulary definitions, project control, schedule of deliverables and resource requirements. When Windows first hit the market in 1985, it failed miserably.... [tags: essays research papers]
1126 words (3.2 pages)
- Windows NT The history of Windows NT: The history of Windows NT goes back to the early 80's, when Microsoft was working on the original Windows system to run on top of DOS. They joined forces with IBM in order to create a more powerful DOS replacement that would run on the Intel x86 platform. The resulting operating system was to be known as OS/2. At the same time OS/2 was being developed, Microsoft was busy working on a new OS, more powerful than the Windows system they already had.... [tags: Computers Technology Operating System]
1585 words (4.5 pages)
Today managing a network takes forever. Windows 2000 has an all-new management console that lets you snap together a custom set of management tools. That is right, that means no more wandering around in the control panel in search of the right utility.
The Active Directory is the central store of information about authorized users and groups, printers, fax servers, and other objects. Earlier Windows versions scatter this information across the network making it harder for people to find it but the Active Directory brings it all together. This will allow personal and corporate computer users to get work done quicker and more suitable for what they are doing.
Windows 2000 will include support for a smart card that will let only one person access certain files, which they have blocked off. Windows will decrypt your files only after you have provided both your smart card and private key. Removing the smart card from the slot locks the system and the only way back in is with the same smart card. This will be used in many corporate networks throughout the world to provide safety and security.
In conclusion, the future of Windows will only be the gateway for new management systems. Later on we will have computers that we will just speak to us and will hold up a conversation to accomplish projects and make using the computer easier but until then Windows 2000 will be there for us.
Bott, Ed. 'Future Windows.'; PC Computing December 1998: 180-194.