Essay PreviewMore ↓
How to wax a snowboard
There several ways to go about waxing a snowboard. Firs you have to determine what conditions you will be riding in. Then you will have to choose a wax. Say you are going to Vail and the snow condition are.... well lets just say the temp.. of the snow is about 20*. Well the thing you need to do is find a low temp. wax. The way you determine a low temp. wax from a high temp. wax is by the rating.. Low temp. waxes will be in a range from -20* to about 25*. A high temp. wax will be in a range from about 25* to 40*. There are waxes made for higher conditiond above 45* that are used in conditions that are referred to as, summer conditions. The wax that is used in summer conditions is a harder wax that will protect your board from sand, dust, and ice crystals.
If you are riding in low temp. conditions with a high temp wax your performance will not be that good. If the conditions are going to go back and forth in temp. you should wax your board with a low temp. wax or you can use a wax that can be used in all temps.
WAXING INSTRUCTIONS FOR HOT WAXING
1. Select wax or waxes for correct snow temperature and condition.
2. Use in a well-ventilated area or with a respirator. (Only if you are hot waxing)
3. Heat iron below the 'smoking iron'; temperature.
4. Melt the smallest end of the wax on the iron and drip all over the snowboard.
5. Smooth out drips with iron.
6. Let wax completely dry then scrape with a plastic or metal scraper.
7. Buff wax with a buffing pad.
IF YOU ARE DOING A RUB ON WAS YOU WILL NEED TO FALLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS
How to Cite this Page
"Waxing A Snowboard." 123HelpMe.com. 15 Nov 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Have You Ever Wanted To Snowboard. As a lifelong snowboarder, I can tell you that anyone who is adventurous and loves the snow is qualified to hit the slopes with me. However, if you want your first snowboarding experience to be a successful one, you must come prepared. First, you need gear, but not just any gear, I recommend Burton goggles, snow pants, a warm jacket, gloves and of course a banging board. Whatever swagger you decide to wear, you are going to want to be comfortable; nobody wants to be out on the slopes in negative degree weather freezing.... [tags: Persuasive Paper]
623 words (1.8 pages)
- How to Snowboard Wear many removable layers of clothing, and always be sure the outermost layer is 100% waterproof. Also, always wear goggles. Visibility and eye protection is very important. Second, before hopping on the lift, you should become familiar with the parts of the snowboard. Always wear the right size boots, and make sure they support on your ankles. Wearing boots that are too tight can leave you with sore ankles or chin splints. After choosing the perfect boot, consider your choice of binding.... [tags: Papers]
508 words (1.5 pages)
- Skiing is one of the things to do during the winter, here in Canada. It is also cheap and easy to start, since there are ski-tracks almost everywhere and it is possible to find used skis for less then $50. Skis are pretty simple in design. Originally they were designed just as the snow shoes, though today they are much more advanced. (Wikipedia) Skis can be used just after you bought them, without doing anything to them. However, if you want your skis to perform to their best, simple maintenance needs to be performed.... [tags: physics sport sports ski skiing wax]
1023 words (2.9 pages)
- ... The line that separates the illuminated portion of the Moon from the unilluminated portion is called the lunar terminator. The Moon’s phases change in respect to the position of the Earth, Sun, and Moon. The lunar month, or the period it takes to cycle through each phase and back again, is 29.5 days (synodic month). The lunar phases are new moon, waxing crescent, first-quarter, waxing gibbous, full moon, waning gibbous, third-quarter (or last-quarter), waning crescent, and new moon. The new moon is the first phase of the lunar cycle.... [tags: phase, waxing, shadow]
961 words (2.7 pages)
- Jake Burton: Burton Snowboards When you think of snowboarding, more often than not, Burton is the first brand that comes to mind. The most popular brand in the world was made that way by one man: Jake Burton. His vision to make what was once thought of as a passing fad into the most popular extreme sport in the world was really incredible. The odds he overcame, from ski resorts not allowing snowboarders to cancer, are a real testament to his dedication and passion to pushing this sport, and lifestyle, to what it is today.... [tags: popular brand, wooden plank, company]
1257 words (3.6 pages)
- Snowboard Composition The typical snowboard is designed to face the toughest conditions in any climate, even though it's use is mainly during the winter. In general, a snowboard is composed of several layers to attain a durable, yet light structure. Making the surfaces of a snowboard with a minimal friction coefficient is essential in the snowboard manufacturing industry. Like its various, eye-catching graphic designs, each and every snowboard has a unique layer structure. The two most basic yet important layers of a snowboard are the core (4) and the P-Tex/base layer (10).... [tags: Snowboard Sport]
1636 words (4.7 pages)
- If you are like many people, you may feel that hair removal is a hassle. Even waxing does not last very long, and it is painful. Creams, and lotions give results that last longer than using a razor, but not much longer. They are also messy, and they make it quite easy to miss a spot. Razors get the job done, but only for a short period of time before you have to do it again. Razors also often result in bumps, and painful ingrown hairs. Another option is laser hair removal. You may be wondering whether or not laser hair removal is worth it.... [tags: Hair, Hair follicle, Hair removal, Waxing]
1016 words (2.9 pages)
- In snowboard as in any other sport the athlete has to be thinking at all times, analyzing the situation that surrounds you, make split decisions, and even perform quick calculations in your head. Where this happens most in snowboarding is when the snowboarder is going to performs some type of aerial trick off of a jump. There are a lot of things that a snowboarder has to be aware of and be thinking about before he hits the jump. How far do I need to go to make the landing. How fast do I need to be going when I hit the jump.... [tags: physics snowboard sport sports]
499 words (1.4 pages)
- Burton Snowboards Business Analysis Burton Snowboards takes surfing to the mountains, with premium snowboards and equipment. Jake Burton, the world’s first snowboard maker, founded the company in 1977 in Londonberry, Vermont. Despite it being small and privately owned, Burton is the industry leader in snowboards and equipment controlling 40% total market share in the winter sports industry. Burton is a global business with its main headquarters in Vermont, Japan and Austria and worldwide distribution capabilities in over 35 countries.... [tags: Business Marketing Analyzing Essays]
746 words (2.1 pages)
- “Nobody heard him, the dead man, / but still he lay moaning:” This is how many people go on through life. Many are dying inside but you would never know. It is possible for people to create masks to hide their emotions. Sometimes these masks are so deceptive that even close friends or family members cannot see through then until it is too late. In Stevie Smith’s poem, “Not Waving but Drowning” the writer effectively highlights how someone’s cry for help can be mistaken for joy. It is important for people to at least have someone who cares about them and knows them well enough to see when something is going wrong in their lives.... [tags: Not Waving but Drowning]
713 words (2 pages)
2. Grasp wax firmly so that it is flat on the base of the board.
3. Put a thick coat of wax on the board to start with.
4. Scrape wax with a plastic or metal scraper.
5. Then apply a thin coat and buff with a buffing pad.
6. Scrape for the last time.
If you you fallow these simple instructions you will have a successful experience waxing your board