Essay PreviewMore ↓
We have been going on vacation with the Battaglia's for so long for a very good reason. It is because everyone gets along. My mom, Mr. Battaglia and Mrs. Battaglia are very good friends. Ronnie Battaglia, who is 19, is my best friend and we get along great. My sister Katie, 16, and Beth Battaglia, 18, also get along very well. This works out great because we are all old enough to go out and do our own thing without getting the parents too much involved. Since most of the fun things to do are located right near the hotels we stay at we rarely need to ask them for a ride anywhere, so everyone gets there way and it turns into a great vacation for all of us.
We have been going to Disney World together for as long as I can remember. We know the place inside and out. Where all the best rides are, which park is the best, it even got so bad that we knew what time the lines for each ride was shortest. Disney World always comes out with some kind of new ride or show each year so that is what mostly kept us continuing to come back year after year. On day though while we were planning our next trip we decided it was time for a change of pace.
We thought that Myrtle Beach, South Carolina would be a nice place to visit. My mom had already ventured down there with a friend and new that everyone would enjoy it. So we went down there last summer and it was a big transition for all of us. it was more of an adult vacation which was good because we were getting a little too old for Disney World.
How to Cite this Page
"My Summer Vacation." 123HelpMe.com. 23 Feb 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- My favorite summer vacation was when my Father took me to Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. It was one of the most memorable experiences of my life. What made it even more memorable was the fact that it was my very first time on an airplane. I cannot recall another time in my life when I experienced so much joy. That trip to Universal Studios was the first time my Father and I actually did something together, just the two of us and was something brought me close to my Father. In this essay I will tell you about my plane ride over there, what I did right when I got there, and about my time at Universal Studios.... [tags: Summer Vacation Essays]
900 words (2.6 pages)
- Have you ever been on a vacation. To me a vacation is a time to be with friends or family. When I think of vacations, I think of packing, the flight or drive, and relaxation. Not only is it very exciting to go on a vacation, but you get closer to the people that go with you. Linda, my best friend's mom had asked me if I would want to go with their family to Florida. When she asked me I thought she was kidding, but when she said, "I need to know because if you are I need to get you a airplane ticket," I knew she was serious.... [tags: Summer Vacation Essays]
1286 words (3.7 pages)
- One of my favorite family traditions is summer vacation. Every summer without fail we go on vacation. For the past ten years we have been going to Disney World with our family friends the Battaglia's, so it has turned into a tradition up until last summer when we broke our florida adventure to go to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. We have been going on vacation with the Battaglia's for so long for a very good reason. It is because everyone gets along. My mom, Mr. Battaglia and Mrs. Battaglia are very good friends.... [tags: Summer Vacation Essays]
432 words (1.2 pages)
- When I was ten years old my Father took me to Universal Studios in Orlando Florida during summer vacation. It is one of the most memorable experiences of my life. It was my first time on an airplane, so I was a little nervous. It felt like forever while we sat in the plane waiting to take off. Finally, I heard the pilot say “prepare for take off.” I’ll admit I was a little scared, but as the plane lifted off the runway, I was ok. The plane ride there was three hours long. It was a little bumpy, but other then that, everything went well.... [tags: Summer Vacation Essays]
656 words (1.9 pages)
- How I Spent My Summer Vacation My boyfriend, Greg and I felt it would be a great opportunity to spend some quality time with our friends. We were going on a three day camping trip with long time friends, another couple, Chris and Heather. Chris is the go-with-the-flow type of guy but only if Heather allows him to do so. Heather is a very kind person who looks out for others. She just crosses that line of being concerned to being motherlike. See we spend a lot of time with them, but it's like other people's children, you can go home and leave them, this time we couldn't.... [tags: Summer Vacation Essays]
1107 words (3.2 pages)
- A few summers ago, my family and I took a vacation to Niagara Falls, Canada. We had planned this week long vacation for several months in advance. It had been arranged so that we could visit relatives who live in the area. The morning we were to leave for our trip was very sunny so I woke up a few hours early from the light shining through my window. So, I used this extra time to finish packing my belongings that I had forgotten to pack the night before. We left around 9:30 on a warm, July Monday morning.... [tags: Summer Vacation Essays]
464 words (1.3 pages)
- Our imperative family tradition was a summer vacation. Completely neglecting any responsibilities for a week, vacations were the perfect excuse. Fostering an environment for bonding, our annual vacations helped in creating lifelong memories. According to a Disney Time Survey conducted by Kelton, 82% of time on vacation is considered family time. This finding is evident, especially in one of my recent vacations. The months preceding and following this specific family trip, were filled with various milestones which prohibited much bonding: my mother’s diagnosis of Lung Cancer, my older sister’s wedding day, and my senior year preparation.... [tags: Sibling, Family, Mother, Summer]
877 words (2.5 pages)
- When May comes for most kids only one thing is on their mind. Summer break. As they finish up their school the kids prepare for long lazy afternoons, swimming, and just being kids. They don’t need to worry about a paper that needs to be done or math homework. Instead they can just sit back and relax. I like many other kids however think of experience and worthwhile experiences when it comes to my summer break. While I certainly don’t want to leave out relaxing besides the beach, a summer break can give me experiences I couldn’t otherwise have such as practicing a new skill.... [tags: summer vacation, summer break]
419 words (1.2 pages)
- Summer Vacation After graduating high school my friends Kenadee, MaryKaitLyn, Madison, and I had planned a trip to go to Panama City Beach. The only way our parents would allow us to go is if they went with us; Kenadee and Mary’s moms went and promised us it would be like they wasn’t even there, but to save money we all stayed in the same room. We knew it was going to be crowded because a lot of other graduates would there too, Panama is like party central. None of us had ever been to a legit party so we promised ourselves we would do something fun and exciting but nothing completely stupid.... [tags: Graduation, High school, Party, Hotel]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- I used to spend the last part of my summer vacation with my uncle and aunt. As a continuation of a long-ago-established tradition we decided going to York - a small, picturesque tourist town at the seaside, located in the southeastern part of Maine. On the 27th of August, early in the morning we went to my uncle’s car with the entire luggage, prepared to leave and spend a nice, relaxing vacation, far away from the problems of the city. Unfortunately the unpleasant surprises started from the first second of our vacation.... [tags: Summer Vacation Essays]
881 words (2.5 pages)
In conclusion, I found that traditions don't always have to stay the same. We changed things up a bit and it might be for the better. Who knows, Myrtle Beach could be a new vacation spot for us and a new tradition in the making.