Essay PreviewMore ↓
The song “Hellrazor” is a very dramatic song which tells the story of a young black African American male trying to make his way into becoming a “Gangsta” as he has no other way to support himself. The theme of change is reflected in this song. The song doesn’t really have a straight flowing structure. It rhymes in places but there is no pattern to it. For example: it rhymes in the 1st two lines: -
“Born heartless and mean muggin”
“At 16 on the scene watching fiends buggin”
But after that it doesn’t rhyme for further 8 lines. That leaves a very dramatic effort because it reflects the tension and the violence of this song.
The song has some very harsh and effective similes. For example: -
“When a nigga gettin' richer, they come to get ya”
“It is like a motherfuckin' trap and they wonder why it's hard being black”.
This simile works very well because it uses some really strong emotions and the theme of racism to get the message through. Also the use of very strong language leaves a lasting image on the listener.
The song uses plenty of Gangsta slang. Some examples include: - Gat, Loc, 5-0.
This is a very memorable song because it is so emotional and tragic. The most vivid lines come when he raps about how a little girl who was killed by a gun. Lines such as:
“Dear Lord, if you hear me tell me why?”
“Little girl like Natasha had to die”
“She neva got go see the bullet, just heard the shot”
“Her little body couldn't take it, she shook and dropped”
This part of the song is very dramatic because of his reference to god and by the way he said that she didn’t even see the bullet coming.
It is very hard to forget this song because of its strong language and powerful imagery of the girl being murdered.
The song “ Me and my Girlfriend” is a very complicated song. The message that Tupac is trying to get through is not what you see written down on the piece of paper.
How to Cite this Page
"tupac." 123HelpMe.com. 22 Aug 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Tupac Shakur Tupac Amaru Shakur born in East Harlem section of Manhattan in New York City. His birth name was Lesane Parish Crooks, June 16 1971. His both parents were members of the Black Panther Party. Tupac Shakur was a vocal participant during the East Coast and West Coast hip hop rivalry. He went to High School in California and Maryland. His career brought him back to New York City. Forget about his education and family background, thinking about how he put himself into his career so successfully.... [tags: Tupac Shakur, Hip hop music, Me Against the World]
1070 words (3.1 pages)
- In the same fashion that Elvis defined Rock ‘n’ Roll; Tupac Shakur defined the hip-hop music scene, as we know it today. What made Tupac (also known as 2Pac, or Makaveli) so special were his enormous talent, his on screen friendly looks, and the sense that he was “real” and talked the talk, while walking the walk. Tupac was born on June 16, 1971, Tupac Amaru Shakur. He was named after Tupac Amaru, the Inca Indian that was sentenced to death by the Spaniards. He was originally from Brooklyn, New York.... [tags: Tupac Shakur 2pac Makaveli]
2696 words (7.7 pages)
- 'Tupac Shakur could possibly be the most influential and compelling of all rappers' (Dyson 106) Do we really know who Tupac was. The famous phrase, 'never judge a book by its cover' applies to Tupac's own personality and character. A first look at Tupac and you see darkness, you see a violent man with no purpose or direction in his life. Then you look deeper inside him, you step into his shoes and see a kind, caring, but very confused man. Tupac's life story is like any other typical 'thug' lifestyle.... [tags: Tupac Shakur Rapper Rap Essays]
1937 words (5.5 pages)
- Suge Being Responsible for Tupac's Death and is Tupac Really Dead The world has always been filled with certain unknowns and conspiracies that keep people debating between whether or not these unknowns are fact or fiction. History has proved that there are several occurrences that have sprouted questions within the mind. Did we really land on the moon in 1969. Did an alien spacecraft crash in New Mexico. What is going on at Area 51. There is one conspiracy that continually demands answers, especially amongst teenagers.... [tags: Tupac Death Dying Shootings Singers Essays]
1295 words (3.7 pages)
- Tupac When thinking of the Hip-Hop industry, one of the first names that comes to mind is Tupac Shakur. Shakur was born in the Bronx on June 16, 1971. He was reared by his mother Afeni Shakur who was an active member of the Black Panthers. Tupac's family later relocated to Oakland, California, where he spent much of his time on the street. As a kid, he was always getting himself into trouble, and he was very lonely. He started writing songs to keep himself out of trouble. An article from VIBE magazine "Troubled Times for Tupac Shakur" quotes Tupac.... [tags: Tupac Shakur 2pac Biography Biographies]
1049 words (3 pages)
- Tupac The rapper known as Tupac Shakur,was born in 1971 in Bronx, NY. Tupac's struggles began early. When Tupac was young, his mother was a member of the organization known as "The Black Panthers." Tupac survived a hard childhood with a drug addicted mother and the rough streets of Baltimore, where they both moved. Soon after their move, Tupac would attend the Baltimore High School for the Performing Arts. This school is what started Tupac in his love of poetry as well as music. Tupac also began writing his rap lyrics here.... [tags: Papers]
1765 words (5 pages)
- You are here: Home > Free Papers Search For Papers... --->BiographiesBusinessLiteratureHealthHistoryMythologyPhilosophyPoliticsPsychologyReligionSciencesSocial IssuesTechnology----------------Custom Papers -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tupak Shakur / Tupac Shakur (a.k.a. 2pac) DOB: June 16, 1971 – Brooklyn, NY DOD: September 13, 1996 – Las Vegas, NY Height: 5’10 Weight: 168 Mother: Afeni Shakur Father: William Garland Step Father: Jeral Wayne Williams Half Sister: Sekyiwa Shakur Half Brother: Maurice Harding Godfather: Elmar “Geronimo” Pratt Music Group: One Nation Emcees, Two From The Crew, Strictly Do... [tags: essays research papers]
1124 words (3.2 pages)
- Shakur and Wallace are known as two of the greatest rap artists of all time. Both of these men were murdered in the past 6 years. After the death of Shakur, there was a lot of controversy about who had killed him and if he was really dead or not. He was killed in 1996 so the talk had stopped for many years until last month. Before I get into the new findings, I’ll give you some background information. Wallace and Shakur were once good friends and then became enemies. Both men would rap mean, nasty stuff about each other and Shakur even claimed to have slept with Wallace’s wife, Faith Evans.... [tags: essays research papers]
525 words (1.5 pages)
- Tupac Shakur was one of the most influential music artist of the 20th Century. “Murda, Murda, Murda, and Kill, Kill, Kill…” these are they lyrics to one of the songs written by Tupac Shakur. Amidst all the controversy surrounding his personal life, this artist has managed to overcome all obstacles and spread his hope/hate message to a surprisingly receptive audience. Tupac’s music is borrowed from the styles of early rap and hip-hop yet its appeal rested in Tupac himself. His persona of “Thug Poet” opened up a portal into the new genre of “Gangsta Rap.” This new style of music revolutionized the music industry and allowed several new artists to break through in Tupac’s creation, Gangsta Rap... [tags: essays research papers]
722 words (2.1 pages)
- Tupac I read a book about Tupac Shakur, the most famous music artist in Rap history. What many people misbelieve about Tupac is that he was just another thug of the streets. He wasn’t though he had a very kind and generous heart that only the people that got the chance to know him knew. Tupac Shakur had a very deep passion for sticking with his family. His thug life mentality is not what killed him but his love for music and his family Death Row. After reading this book it made me realize the importance of loyalty, and sticking with what you believe in.... [tags: Papers]
436 words (1.2 pages)
That represents the voilet but happy idea of the song.
The song uses personification to compare his gun as his girlfriend. Examples include: -
•“Picked you up when you was 9. Started out my life of crime wit you”.
• “Talkin loud. When I tell you be quiet, you move a crowd”.
That has a very confusing effort on the listener.
The words in this song dramatic but it is mainly positive language. He is rapping about how happy he is to be with his girlfriend (gun) but also the violence of being with his gun. This song does include some slang. Eg:- Mad dog, G-ride, Buster. This slang reflects the violence but happy language of this song.
I will always remember this song because when I started to realise what he was talking about in this song I thought it was very interesting and different and original song. I also liked how I had to puzzle out the song.
The poem “ In the event of my Demise” is a very painful poem because it tells about his death, that he will be dead soon and how you should always be positive about life. The theme of the poem is to be always positive.
There is a rhyming pattern to this poem. It is ABCB. This creates a positive effort on the reader. There are 3 stanzas in the poem with about 8 symbols in each line. This poem doesn’t use similes or personification.
The language is similar to “Hellrazor” because it so harsh and brutal lines. Such as:
“I will Die Before my time”
This poem was very interesting because Tupac actually talks about his death and a few months after he actually dies..
Working with 2pac’s work was very interesting and memorable. His work makes you thinks and realise that there is always a bright day ahead and how you should always enjoy life.