Essay PreviewMore ↓
It all started when my friend and I were off-roading and one of us had a marvel idea… “Wouldn’t this be fun to do in Colorado?” So it begins, I mention that I have a cousin that lives in Colorado, and that we could stay with him and his family. We planned the trip for August 10th. Turns out this will be the most liberating and most independent event in my life.
Thursday, August 10th rolls around, we get and start loading the jeep, and hit the highway. Just knowing that we were on our own was such a big challenge for us, never in our lives have we gone on trip with out the financial support and guidance of our parents. As we approach the first big city Omaha, I have to guide him and tell him which exits to take and when we got out of there it was such an accomplishment.
After Omaha we had to fill up the tank for the first time. Never in my life have I argued with my best friend about the stupidest thing. Who, is going to pay for the first gas fill-up? After about 10 minutes of arguing we finally decided to flip a coin to see who would pay. Turns out there are some rules about coin flipping that I didn’t know about. We just had a mutual agreement to alternate who pays for gas. That was only the first major delay in our trip.
As we start on the long stretch of nothingness people refer to as the Nebraska highway, I realized that a box shaped automobile isn’t the most aerodynamic car in the world. Turn out this is going to be a 16-hour trip to Gunnison Colorado instead of a 14 hours. Just one more delay on our trip.
Have you ever felt so overwhelmed, like the weight of the world is on your shoulders? That’s kind of how I felt, when trying to direct my friend through the city of Denver. It was one of the most challenging things to try and explain to someone else what I see on the map and how to get through the Mixmaster’s of Denver. We only ended up stopping and asking for directions about every other exit. Just one more small delay in our trip.
As night falls the Rocky Mountains rise, right into our path and get to my cousin’s house we had to travel through Monarch Pass which is probably one of the hardest ones to drive due to the lack of lighting and curves.
How to Cite this Page
"Trip." 123HelpMe.com. 25 Feb 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “C’mon, Jake. We’re going to be late!” I yelled at my far behind brother. “As fast as I can, sis.” The thing is, we’re heading on our first trip to Paris. Jake is going to leave for a few months to go back to the army for his shift as a Special Forces candidate. “Flight 54 to Toulouse, France now boarding. Plane doors close in eight minutes!” The loud woman’s voice echoed through the gigantic, busy building. As soon as we made it to the luggage scanner, I grinned with joy. “I can see it now, Jake.... [tags: plane, family, trip, france]
521 words (1.5 pages)
- Going on a road trip with my family means the world to me. We drove to another state during summer vacation, and it was by far the best road trip I have ever been on. My family and I were able to go to many fun places. We ate so many exotic and delicious foods as well. Yet most importantly, I spent time with my family and their friends. It was the day when my family and I went to California for our summer vacation. It was the day before we left our home to go to California. I was so excited for our time to spend some out of the house and go to another state.... [tags: Automobile, Wii, Walking, Trip, Mario]
1501 words (4.3 pages)
- Symbol, Allusion, and Myth in Irving Layton's Rhine Boat Trip "...haunted/by the ghosts of Jewish mothers/looking for their ghostly Children" (Layton). Though physical evidence of the Holocaust is now slightly limited, as time tends to destroy the tangible, the cry for justice and the remembrance of systematic genocide by a sadistic people enacting ignorant dogma will ring indefinitely throughout the world. Humanity will always be guilty of the atrocities that it instigates. Irving Layton, in his poem, Rhine Boat Trip, depicts the eternal evidence of the Nazi Crime, a stain of culpability that is reducible from all who have witnessed it.... [tags: Rhine Boat Trip Essays]
880 words (2.5 pages)
- Have you ever been on a trip that you knew from the start it would be the best. I have been on many trips in my life, but one has stood out to me and I am sure you will understand why after you hear about it. The start of the day was just like any other, wake up, go to school, come home from school, but then the ned was different. I was in fourth grade and after dinner my parents surprised my brother and I with a trip to Alaska. It would be a cruise, the first ever cruise I would be on. When my mom and dad told me about this trip a smile popped on my face and I jumped a little as I mumbled, “Really”.... [tags: Family, Ship, Cruise ship, English-language films]
1807 words (5.2 pages)
- experience to go places and see things where something historical or amazing happened, or to see a view so wonderful that I cannot even grasp its beauty. When I travel I have enormous amounts of me time. It’s nice and peaceful. I can lose all my worries in the many different and beautiful places I visit. The most enjoyable and extensive trip I have taken so far was in 2001 when I was ten; I traveled all over the USA for five weeks. Everything about the trip was enjoyable. Even getting ready was enjoyable.... [tags: Travel]
1141 words (3.3 pages)
- There is a great deal of planning that goes into booking a vacation in a foreign country. Passports have to be taken care of, flights have to be scheduled, and accommodations have to be arranged for when the flight arrives. Also, it is important that some entertaining sites have been chosen ahead of time that would be nice to visit. By doing this, it will make the trip much easier to manage and much more enjoyable. Vacationing in a foreign country can be a great experience for family and friends, but it is important that travel arrangements, accommodations, and entertainment options are researched thoroughly before going.... [tags: essays research papers]
852 words (2.4 pages)
- THE TRIP It all started when my friend and I were off-roading and one of us had a marvel idea… “Wouldn’t this be fun to do in Colorado?” So it begins, I mention that I have a cousin that lives in Colorado, and that we could stay with him and his family. We planned the trip for August 10th. Turns out this will be the most liberating and most independent event in my life. Thursday, August 10th rolls around, we get and start loading the jeep, and hit the highway. Just knowing that we were on our own was such a big challenge for us, never in our lives have we gone on trip with out the financial support and guidance of our parents.... [tags: essays research papers]
530 words (1.5 pages)
- Trip Hop Lush soundscapes infused with a rich layering of soulful guitar riffs, jazzy horns and atmospheric strings, interwoven with innovative sampling and grounded by a hip-hop beat, slowed to a brooding moody tempo. Words can barely frame the complexity that is Trip Hop music. It is a genre so startlingly refreshing and innovative that the term Trip Hop itself only came into existence in the mid 90s, in an attempt to describe a musical style that defies all known musical categories. Trip Hop is an obscure offshoot of the umbrella term of electronic music.... [tags: Music Philosophy Papers]
2602 words (7.4 pages)
- Snowboarding can be an energizing, invigorating experience and I think that everyone who likes skateboarding should give it a try. Snowboarding is very similar to skateboarding, the only differences are that you have to be strapped to the board and you need snow. The only type of equipment you need to snowboard is a snowboard and warm clothes. Snowboarding can be done at any ski resort and is growing in popularity. On my nineteenth birthday I decided that I wanted to go to Peak-in-Peak ski resort.... [tags: essays research papers]
392 words (1.1 pages)
- On Wednesday, April 6th, I woke up from a deep sleep just like every other ordinary school day, but this particular day was going to be much more fun. I got to school around 7:15, dropped off my luggage in the conference room, and went off to class. In my next 3 classes I waited excitedly until the enouncement was made for all seniors going on the Senior Trip to head down to the office. And this is where the great trip began. We all got on 2 busses and headed to the airport where we dropped off out luggage and got through security rather quick.... [tags: essays research papers]
484 words (1.4 pages)
When we finally arrived at my cousin’s house at 12 o’clock at night, I realized something that this is what it’s like to be out in the real world. On your own, figuring problems out for yourself without having someone hold your had through the whole procedure. That is why this was such a momentous occasion in my life. It showed me how to figure out things on my own.