Essay PreviewMore ↓
Mike was walking home on his normal route, and realized that a man hole exploded on the corner of New York Avenue and 48th St. Everyone had stopped and was staring at what had happen, but Mike uninterestedly turned around to find another way home. He walked down a few unfamiliar streets, but he was familiar with the area and figured that he knew where he was going. He headed towards McMurdo Park on 47th St, then turned onto Van Ranst Blvd. On Van Ranst, he saw a dollar on the ground. Ignorantly, he picked it up and felt a strange impulse to turn right into a dark alley. Out of nowhere, the sky went black. Mike felt like he was in the middle of a tornado. He felt a rush in his gut that was worse than the way his worst nightmare had ever made him feel. He thought to himself that nobody could have ever been more scared than he was.
While he was still in the air, three figures appeared to him. One was a tall, skinny, dark man, wearing all dark clothing. He had both hands in his pockets, and his facial features were blocked by a hood, with braids coming out of the bottom. He said, “Yo, whats poppin kidd?” Without saying anything, Mike looked to the next figure. It was a shorter man, appearing much wider than the first man, mostly because he was in a costume that looked like a warewolf. It was a very big costume, but not very real looking. He said, in an old-fashioned British accent, “How do you do?” The last man, not very tall and a little broad-shouldered, was wearing a pin-striped suit.
How to Cite this Page
"Mike Trisimano." 123HelpMe.com. 07 Dec 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Mike Rose's Lives on the Boundary Mike Rose’s Lives on the Boundary is an Educational Autobiography. The book begins at the beginning of his life and we follow him up into his adult years. The book focuses on the “struggles and achievements of America’s educationally underprepared” . The Alien In order to understand Mike Rose, and his book Lives on the Boundary, you must first understand where Mike is coming from and examine his past. Mike was born to a first generation immigrant family, originally from Italy.... [tags: Mike Rose Lives Boundary Essays]
1580 words (4.5 pages)
- Lives on the Boundary by Mike Rose The book Lives on the Boundary, written by Mike Rose, provides great insight to what the new teaching professional may anticipate in the classroom. This book may be used to inform a teacher’s philosophy and may render the teacher more effective. Lives on the Boundary is a first person account composed of eight chapters each of which treat a different obstacle faced by Mike Rose in his years as a student and as an educator. More specifically in chapters one through five Mike Rose focuses on his own personal struggles and achievements as a student.... [tags: Education Boundary Mike Rose Essays]
1216 words (3.5 pages)
- SATIRE When we think of boxing, we usually think of the gloves, the mouthpiece, the ring. When we think of past boxers, we can think of boxers like Muhammad Ali or George Foreman. There are present boxers like “Bite” Tyson and his colleague Evander “Holyears”. Boxing has been considered by many as a brutal sport, a sport for beasts, as many non- boxing fans would say. Mike Tyson has given credit to all this talk by boxing with his mouth and not with his hands. With Mike Tyson’s cannibalism and his boxing license being in jeopardy, his next opponent can be an alligator or a paraná fish.... [tags: Sports Boxing Mike Tyson]
522 words (1.5 pages)
- Mike Tyson is one of the most celebrated and notorious professional boxers of all time. Once a ferocious and feared fighter in the ring, Tyson is often remembered by what he did outside of the boxing ring during his career. His violent and aggressive outbursts have drawn in the attention of the media and fans around the world. Tyson grew up in an environment that facilitated his learned behavior of violence and aggression towards other people. The behavioral model of development will show how Mike Tyson was conditioned by other people and his life experiences to behave in an abnormal and dysfunctional lifestyle.... [tags: Boxer, Biography, Behavior]
1361 words (3.9 pages)
- When it comes to politics, I have a hard time determining where my beliefs fall. Part of me is a strong believer of the way Republicans do things. I like to think of myself somewhat conservative, and therefore tend to lean more toward the right. This is not to say I don’t agree with some of the Democrats points of views, however, I’m more veered toward Republicans. That is why t is no surprise I choose to research Mike Bishop. Mike Bishop is a Republican from Michigan who is homegrown and spent the majority of his life in Michigan.... [tags: United States House of Representatives]
1141 words (3.3 pages)
- As Mike’s fame spread, so did the reports on his background and personal life. Mike fueled a flood of stories with his whirlwind romance and sudden marriage to actress Robin Givens on February 7, 1988. The following eight months were among the most turbulent in Mike’s life; divorce papers were filed on October 8, 1988. In spite of a trying personal life, Mike continued his dominance in the ring. He reigned as the heavyweight champion for three years, with ten title defenses. Then, on February 10, 1990, Mike met lightly regarded James “Buster” Douglas, in Tokyo, Japan.... [tags: informative essay, expository essay]
740 words (2.1 pages)
- The primary problem would be the structure of the organization. This is due to the fact that there are thirteen departments in total which would lead to the failure of the ability to concentrate on long term viability of the business. Alternatives: The most important measures that can be taken are: contraction of the department structure and applying decentralization. Facts Considered: 1. Mike took over the lease of a building and wanted to transform it into a fully functional department store that offered a variety of products.... [tags: Case Study]
1405 words (4 pages)
- I have chosen Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday so it can fit into Mike’s weekly plan. As he has training for his club on Thursday and he is playing matches on Sundays. I set my training sessions to give Mike a rest before his game on Sunday, as I don’t want him tired for his game and also I want to keep his motivation high. Also I have given Mike a rest on Monday after his game. This will keep his motivation and enthusiasm as there enough gap in between each session. Each session will last 2 hours to give me enough time to help him meet his aims, Wednesday training session will only be 1 hour.... [tags: Papers]
407 words (1.2 pages)
- Mike Bloomberg is running for mayor of New York City. The elections will be held Nov.6. One of the things he says that he will do if he becomes mayor is that he will have the NYPD retain command and control of school safety officers. He says that, “Schools can be used to address the issue of police-community relations. Students and police should get to know each other in non-adversarial ways through the school system.” I agree with him on this issue because many students do not like the NYPD. I think that if they would get to know the officers, they would not feel afraid or threatened by them.... [tags: essays research papers]
359 words (1 pages)
- Mike Tyson Mike Tyson, the youngest ever heavyweight boxing champion of the world was born in a ghetto in the state of New York. His Father departed the family home two years after his birth, leaving his Mother to raise three children with very limited financial means. Subsequently, his Mother found a new partner who was abusive and violent. She then turned to alcohol in an attempt to escape from her existence. Michael, now aged five years, felt neglected and unloved by her but at this time he was unaware that his Mother was suffering from terminal cancer.... [tags: Biography Biographies Papers]
3145 words (9 pages)
They all returned to the ground. The first man turned to Mike again, and said to him, “Yo dawg listen I need you to do me a solid. I need you to get me a box of dutches outta that bodega ova thea. Good looks in advance.” Mike had no money, and he had a feeling that this man knew that. After no response from Mike, the second man turned to him and said, “Chap, I would like a favor. I need someone to cut this costume off of my head with a chainsaw. That’s the only way it can come off. Thank you.” Mike now realized that this man was a lunatic, and pinched himself to see if it was dreaming. It burned. Finally, the third man said, “Listen little guy. I need you to hold on to something for me. I come back to get it in a few days.” And he threw him a pillow case full of what felt like small metal objects. Mike dropped the pillowcase, and said to himself that he wanted nothing to do with these men. They all wanted him to do bad things, and he had no problem being himself. He turned around and sprinted out of the alley. He ran back towards 48th and New York Ave, and realized that there was never any exploded manhole or any of that. Confused, he kept running until he got home. Mike would never fully understand what happened that day, or why those men wanted him to do those things, or why he got away so easily. However, one thing was for sure: he wasn’t going to even think about spending that dollar.