Essay PreviewMore ↓
In the year of 2003 there are many types of religions that are practiced in the United States, which involves a God, or a divine power. My personal preference of religion is Christianity. I believe in Jesus Christ and the all mighty God Jehovah. The characteristics of a God varies from religion to religion, but all leading up to love, an everlasting peaceful life, and salvation; therefore, giving strength to all human beings that believe in them and has faith in them.
Loving is the first characteristic trait that Jehovah possesses The first book of Moses indicates, for he made man in his own image and gave him dominion over all the land and animals (Bib.Gen.); therefore, this was the first act of love; furthermore, he so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son to save it (Jn.3: 16). Jehovah’s love surpasses any kind of love that may be found upon the face of the earth because his love is unconditional. He is a merciful God. All sins may be washed away if you are sincere when you call upon him. His door is always open. He has no set hours of the day or night when you can call upon him. There are millions of people around the world that worship Jehovah, for these reasons, and more.
Jehovah is a savior, for he freed slaves of all nationalities thus, I am not a slave, but I am a descendant of slaves, yet I can relate to the praises given to God, for releasing my ancestors from their bondage, for I live in a time now where faith in Christ helps me to cope with life’s obstacles, racism, and self-made mistakes, for his presence is always there with me providing comfort and assurance. Atheist disbelieve in Jehovah because they have never seen him, or talked to him. Jehovah is a God and he doesn’t have to prove himself to them by standing in their face just, so that they can see that he exists; whereas, polytheism on the other hand, are frowned up on by Jehovah, for he is a jealous God, and doesn’t want his children to love anyone more than he (Ex.34: 14).
The word provider pertains to Jehovah. He blesses us with food, shelter, clothing, and time. Each day that we open our eyes is a blessing because he didn’t have to wake us up.
How to Cite this Page
"The Personality of a God." 123HelpMe.com. 21 Feb 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... God explains to his people that "the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns (Exodus 20:10). God does not want anyone to work on the Sabbath for He has made it is a day of rest. It is not just His people that Yahweh cares about, it is all people. The Sabbath represents the 7th day in Genesis when the earth was being formed.... [tags: Yaweh, Old Testament]
1531 words (4.4 pages)
- God created the world and everything in it, including humans made like Himself in Genesis 1. The Bible reveals God’s personality, His character, and His plan for His creation. It also reveals God’s deepest desire to relate to and fellowship with people. God took the ultimate step toward fellowship with us by coming to earth in the person of His Son, Jesus. God chose to create the universe because He is love, and love can best be expressed toward people. God made humans to be reflections of His glory.... [tags: genesis, creation]
792 words (2.3 pages)
- When I first began attending The King’s University of Gateway if you would of assigned this research paper I would have begun to feel extremely overwhelmed, confused and frustrated. I am still unsure of the complete calling God has for my life or the pathway in which He will work. But through learning more about myself, I have more confidence that God made me this particular way for a (distinct) particular reason and now I can rest in that. I was raised within a Baptist culture (background), and even though I went to church consistently I did not have parents who consistently role modeled godly living.... [tags: God, Love, 2006 singles, Personality]
1705 words (4.9 pages)
- Personality testing is very interesting in that there are some things you know about yourself and others you do not. I have always been the one with the plan, take charge and make it happen. Many times my family wants to just not have a plan and that makes me uncomfortable. My type A personality coupled with the need for organization and structure at times gets in the way of creative inspiration. Knowing about myself will help me to become a better leader, in that I see the frustrations my personality traits might bring to others.... [tags: Personality psychology, Personality]
1415 words (4 pages)
- After ONLY being able to read the Bible – the first 10 years, reading it over 7 times, my advantage over most “believers” – I KNOW the Bible like the back of my hand. As stated earlier, I have come to HATE aggressive narcissistic hypocritical “CHRISTIANS,” like the parents who abusively FORCED RELIGION on me. Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) is a mental ILLNESS that should be treated rather than ENABLED. In 60 years I have NOT gotten away from that type … I DO NOT WANT them at my funeral.... [tags: Narcissistic personality disorder, Narcissism]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- After, ONLY being able to read the Bible the first 10 years, reading it over 7 times, my advantage over most “believers” – I KNOW the Bible like the back-of-my-hand. As stated earlier, I have come to HATE aggressive narcissistic hypocritical “CHRISTIANS,” like the parents who abusively FORCED RELIGION on me. Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) is a mental ILLNESS that should be treated rather than ENABLED. In 60 years I have NOT gotten away from that type … I DO NOT WANT them at my funeral. To rule yourself out of that hypocrite category, read these three points – analyze yourself: 1.... [tags: Narcissistic personality disorder, Narcissism]
731 words (2.1 pages)
- BOOK FOUR BEYOND PERSONALITY: OR FIRST STEPS IN THE DOCTRINE OF THE TRINITY 4.1 Making and Begetting In this chapter, the author states that many feel that theology is unnecessary to understanding God. Most feel that they know more about God because of personal experiences. The author says he agrees with that to some degree; however, he feels that one is very limited with only the personal experience and without what he calls a map, which is what theology would be as related to the Christian religion.... [tags: Christianity, Jesus, God in Christianity]
2517 words (7.2 pages)
- BEYOND PERSONALITY: OR FIRST STEPS IN THE DOCTRINE OF THE TRINITY 4.1 Making and Begetting In this chapter, the author states that many feel that theology is unnecessary to understanding God. Most feel that they know more about God because of personal experiences. The author says he agrees with that to some degree; however, he feels that one is very limited with only the personal experience and without what he calls a map, which is what theology would be as related to the Christian religion. Without theology, he believes that people would have a great many wrong ideas about God.... [tags: Christianity, Jesus, God in Christianity]
2516 words (7.2 pages)
- Everyone is different. We are all given unique personality traits and gifts to use in our daily lives to help us in the workplace. When we all get together in a group setting, it is important to know our own strengths and weaknesses and how they come together to make the group work. It is not always as easily said as it is done. There will be those in a group that have clashing personalities and don’t seem to want to agree on anything, much less work together to complete a given task. It is important to understand each other’s personality and for each individual to understand their own personality to make the group work more cohesively.... [tags: Personality psychology]
2166 words (6.2 pages)
- This paper is designed to discuss descriptions of my personality type. The specific type will be broken into a four letter type, as well as my two-letter temperament. Various personality types can be reasons why certain behaviors or outlooks take place in the working environment. It can also have an effect on your relationships and personal development. The Jung Typology Test gives you questions that will determine what your personality type is. By studying the results, you can become a better coworker, employee, and manager.... [tags: Personality psychology]
1534 words (4.4 pages)
In conclusion, the personality of Jehovah is, so overwhelming that no other God can match his vast amount of lovingness, mercifulness, or forgiveness. When he created man he provided the best of everything. His intentions for man were to live long and take care of the earth with his helpmate, but God only had one stipulation and that was: Not to eat from the tree of knowledge. However, man made his choice to disobey, and eat of the tree of knowledge; which costs him his paradise (Gen.3: 6-24). Even though the Lord banished man from paradise, he revealed his power of forgiveness and mercifulness because he still loved his creation. God provided for man and his helpmate; although, it was nothing compared to what man once possessed; however, Jehovah knew that the two humans couldn’t survive without him just as we can’t today. Yet, there are atheists, agnostics, and polytheisms whose faiths are not in Jehovah, he still blesses them and they don’t even realize it. Atheists, agnostics may believe their blessings are luck, or accidental; whereas, polytheisms are giving thanks and praises to someone other than Jehovah, and the sad thing of it is they may not realize these errors until they arrive at their last stop, and then it’s to late.
The King James Version. Bib. Elm Hill Press,