Essay PreviewMore ↓
I’ve been in band for seven years now and I’ve enjoyed every minute of it. The band director now, Ms. Marcella, says, “This is YOUR band, get involved!” because there is just so many things to get involved with. I thought that band just during school was exciting, but there was so much more to that. There is Band Council, Ensembles, Pep Band, Jazz Band, Leadership Positions, local performances, and much more I had missed out on during my freshman and sophomore year.
In my junior year I joined Band Council, Clarinet Ensemble, and ran for Field Leader and Office Assistant for the Leadership Team. I did not receive the position of Field Leader, but did receive the position of Office Assistant. I was very grateful for this position because in order to try out for this position, I had to attend 5 meetings, write an essay on why I wanted these positions, and make a 3 minute marching performance.
Office Assistant means that I have responsibility to ensure all music in use is fully stocked at all times, fill music orders 24 hours of submission, spend at least one day a week after school or during a free period working in the Band Library, assist Section Leaders in handing out music, work to keep the rooms clean and keep rehearsals productive, and in my opinion, the most important responsibility, is to set an example for the Band to follow. There are 200 members in the band and once someone sees someone joking around and not follow the rules, others will follow.
The most important thing to me is band.
How to Cite this Page
"The Most Important Thing To ME." 123HelpMe.com. 21 Nov 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Every one has a family, but not every person chooses to be a part of that family because they don 't see that they only have one family. They end up losing sight of that family because they hate one person in the family. For me family is the most important thing even though we don 't get along that well from time to time. You should make time for your family because you never know when they are taken from you. This all starts with how I was raised. I was raised to be a family man and love the family I have no matter what happens.... [tags: Family, English-language films, Mother, Father]
727 words (2.1 pages)
- Everyone has a family, but not every person chooses to be a part of that family because they don 't see that they only have one family. They end up losing sight of that family because they hate one person in the family. For me family is the most important thing even though we don 't get along that well from time to time. You should make time for your family because you never know when they are taken from you. This all starts with how I was raised. I was raised to be a family man and love the family I have no matter what happens.... [tags: Family, English-language films, Mother, Father]
723 words (2.1 pages)
- When a loved one passes away, we are never prepared for the changes that will come into our lives from this tragic accident. Receiving the call that my aunt had passed away in a car crash was very shocking to me and the whole family. It is something that no family member in this world wants to go through the loss of a loved one. Managing the emotions and feelings we may have after the news is very important; since we have to be strong minded and be able to move forward. Family will always be the most important thing we have in this world since they are everything we really have in life.... [tags: Family, Emotion, Want, English-language films]
1047 words (3 pages)
- Family is the most important thing in the world a single word, with many different meaning. As the backbone of society family plays an important role in who an individual can be. The family can determine the class of an individual, the education level, and their religion. There are different types of families that have existed and some that are still present today. In the past the nuclear family was the ideal model. The nuclear family also called domesticity is characterized as, women being responsible for keeping the home and children and men being the breadwinner.... [tags: Family, Nuclear family, Extended family, Marriage]
2500 words (7.1 pages)
- What is life. This is probably the simplest but essential question which can be answered in various ways. For doctors, their lives are about giving medical treatment to their patients; for teachers, they are obliged to educate and enlighten the students; for parents, it’s necessary for them to do their best to help and guide their children. People usually use life to convey the meaning of duty, obligation, and path; as a matter of fact, those people have different ideas on striving for a better life.... [tags: Poetry, Meaning of life, Life, Narrative poetry]
1148 words (3.3 pages)
- Education Done Right “While modern education seeks only to propel a student toward the utilitarian goal of a successful career, the classical, Christian education seeks to nurture the whole person, preparing him to participate fully in all realms of this world and the next” (Classical 16). Our education is the most important thing in our lives. It is our way of going out into the world and making a living and place for ourselves. It is not something we should take lightly. As we grow older, we are faced with having to decide which college to attend or even which school system to send our children to one day.... [tags: School, Teacher, Education, Private school]
2405 words (6.9 pages)
- I strongly believe health is the most important thing in our lives and therefore, everybody should take care of their health. Our daily lifestyle can have a huge effect on our health. For example, I live a sedentary lifestyle with no exercise at all. As a result, I am gaining weight and I don’t feel energetic at all. I rarely eat any junk food but I always feel lazy to do exercise. I know it is harmful for my health and if I continue to live like that I might become obese within couple of years.... [tags: Obesity, Physical exercise, Exercise, Overweight]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- Everything that I do and plan revolves around my family they are the single most important aspect of my life. They are the ones responsible for what I am today, they taught me to believe in God, that family always comes first, education is the key to a successful life and that I should always be happy with what I have. All my beliefs and values revolves around those concepts, hopefully being part of a diverse society has made me a better person and more understanding of others. My values and beliefs come from a combination of what my parents instilled in me and what I have come to learn throughout the years.... [tags: my family is the most important thing]
838 words (2.4 pages)
- The very first practice together was the most intimidating experience I have ever had. A group of freshman, including myself, were waiting in the Chorus room and then it was time. We walked into the double doors and the whole West Haven High School band was standing up and clapping. I thought to myself, “Why are they clapping?” After everyone was seated, our director, Mr. Crabtree said, “This is your family for the next four years.” It wasn’t until my senior year in high school that I found out how much that really meant.... [tags: essays research papers]
449 words (1.3 pages)
- Winning Isn't The Most Important Thing Vince Lombardi's famous saying “Winning isn't the most important thing. It's the only thing” is unfortunately the motto of too many athletes today. Although winning is important and sports are, and should be taken seriously, by far, winning isn't the only thing. Putting everything you have and giving one hundred percent to the effort is also very important to competition. A team that puts everything they have into a game and comes out the losers, has a lot more to be proud of than a team who comes in first but only gave some effort.... [tags: essays research papers]
471 words (1.3 pages)