Essay PreviewMore ↓
The movie Con Air is a motivational movie. It is an action movie that can appeal to almost anyone. There are many factors in this movie and when combined all together, they give the movie a sense of unity. The theme and the purpose are similar and are intended to attract a wide variety of viewers.
The main theme of Con Air is heroism. Of course, as in most movies, the main character of Con Air displays many heroic acts. Cameron Poe is stuck on a plane transporting hardened criminals. The criminals take over the plane, forcing Poe to play the hero and “save the fucking day” as he so delicately puts it. For example, when Johnny 23, a serial rapist, attacks a woman guard in attempt to change his name to Johnny 24, Poe stands up and refuses to let the rape occur. Poe also displays his courage by refusing to give up or get off the plane until he successfully saves the innocent lives on board. Poe is not the only hero. Vince Larkin, an officer of the law also displays many acts of courage. He refuses to shoot the plane down because of the innocent victims on board. Another prisoner, Garland Green, a brutal serial killer, displays more courage. When he comes across a young girl playing alone outside her house, he has a chance to turn her into a victim. But, remarkably, he does her no harm. Not the typical heroic act, yet it still applies.
Similar to the theme of heroism, is the purpose of Con Air. The purpose of this movie is to inspire people to do the right thing even when stuck in the worst environment. And what could be worse than Poe’s environment. As he describes it, “They somehow managed to get every creep and freak in the universe on this one plane, and then somehow managed to let them take it over and somehow managed to stick us right smack in the middle.” Yet he still manages to repair the damage done. Garland Green was also place in a vulnerable position, and he somehow manages to refrain from his killer instincts. These acts of heroism within the theme are effectively used to portray the purpose of inspiration.
Add together the theme, purpose, and plot of this movie, and the total would create an effective movie with the capability of attracting a large audience.
How to Cite this Page
"The Hero Of Con Air." 123HelpMe.com. 23 Jan 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- For anyone observing The Louisiana Comic Con ad, they might become filled with confusion as to what is this event all about. Is there a revival in town, a Walking Dead convention, a Star Wars fan club meeting, or have all these actors gathered for a true Comic Con fair. Comic Con is a science fiction fantasy come true, cult following party. No matter your age or gender there seems to be something for everyone to experience. Deadheads, Trekies, Go Go Power Rangers, Cowabunga dude, which are you a fan of.... [tags: Comic book, Comics, Comic strip, Magazine]
1220 words (3.5 pages)
- When looking through many different movies, and lyrics I chose the movie Con Air, starring Nicolas Cage. Cage portrays Cameron Poe, an ex Army ranger who has just returned from the Gulf war. Right from the start Poe is faced with adversity. His return was not what he had hoped for. After he had spent time with his wife, Poe decided to call it a night, however a local gang decided to start a fight while they were leaving the parking lot. Poe easily wins the fight due to having such extent training in the military.... [tags: essays research papers]
1105 words (3.2 pages)
- In Search Of A Hero For my research paper, I considered investigating many different NHL goalies that have influenced me because I have been an Ice Hockey goalie for 3 years now and I decided to choose Martin Brodeur of the New Jersey Devils because he is considered to be one of the best in the history of the game. I am interested in him because he has broken every record set by NHL goalies before him and has received several awards for his stellar play over the course of his career. His hybrid style, a mix of old and new techniques, is much different from any other goalie in the league and poses a challenge to other players that face him.... [tags: Hero]
787 words (2.2 pages)
- We all have someone in our lives who we consider a hero. This hero may be an athlete, an actor, a friend, or a historical figure; but just like Targan in True Grit, my hero is who I think of as a hero. Karl Harris, my father, displays heroic qualities such as bravery, strength, and selflessness. I am honored to have such a heroic father who leads by example. First of all, my dad displays bravery in every aspect of his life. My dad has to be brave in his line of work. He has worked as a Deputy Sheriff in Meade County for over fifteen years.... [tags: Family, Hero, Mother, Sheriff]
1073 words (3.1 pages)
- ... Furthermore, soil and water are to some extent interchangeable with each other. They are both fundamental to the environment. Due to the fact that acid rain is acidic when it descends into a large body of water it then makes it acidic as well. The normal pH of lakes and streams for instance, is between six and eight and when acid rain merges with water it begins to lower its pH level (What Is Acid Rain). To retrieve its normal pH level is quite burdensome, but it can be obtained. The method of recouping its pH level is by a process of “buffering capacity” which requires soil to neutralize its pH levels (What Is Acid Rain).... [tags: air quality, pollution ]
1755 words (5 pages)
- Merriam Webster defines hero as a person who is admired for great or brave acts or fine qualities, with that in mind do you believe the word hero is used a little too loosely nowadays. With that said my hero is my mother I know that is a cliche for most, but let me explain how my mom carries and executes the traits of a hero. A hero has a few traits that make them so great and stand out like the perfect apple at the top of a tree, heroes must be selfless (willing to put others above themselves in everything they do), patient (able to take a step back and be willing to wait), and modesty (to be free from vanity).... [tags: Christmas tree, Christmas, Hero, Yule]
1065 words (3 pages)
- When most people think about what is wrong with the environment, they can think of many things wrong with it. The amount of pollution that has either enter the air, land, or the ground. The amount of pollution within the air has been constantly been caused by humans doing a lot of activities that release a lot of carbon emissions. Activities such as deforestation of trees, the uses of automotive cars, and factories producing so much smog on a daily basis. With all of these activities, much of the air quality is poor and can cause many health problems for humans.... [tags: Air pollution]
1742 words (5 pages)
- I. Introduction A. Attention getter: Fumes. Gases. Toxins. We cannot survive without air; even though, we must inhale any air that is available in the atmosphere. According to the Environmental Protection Agency “a new gas powered lawn mower produces…air pollution in one hour of operation as 11 new cars each being driven for one hour” (Springfels). If the society keeps producing technology, then the environment will be destroyed. B. Relevance: Air pollution is something that everyone should be concern, especially if we’re advancing a lot in technology, especially in vehicles and the importance of our air or the environment.... [tags: Air pollution]
1031 words (2.9 pages)
- Heroes What is a hero. How has the definition of heroism evolved in today’s society. When one thinks of a hero, does he think of batman or superman or does he think of the military men and women, or police officers and firefighters. The definition of hero, according to Merriam Webster, is a person who is admired for brave or great acts or fine qualities. People have different perceptions of who their heroes are. Who is to say which perception is right or wrong. Each person has his own personal idea of what a hero is.... [tags: Heroism, Evolved, Tday;s Society, Hero]
1525 words (4.4 pages)
- What is air pollution. In recent years the demand for electricity such as thermal power, iron and steel etc has increased rapidly, but with this demand also comes the problem of air pollution. Air pollution is the presence of a chemical or a substance which is harmful or has a poisonous effect introduced into the air. Whereas, Toxic air pollutants, also known as hazardous air pollutants, are pollutants that cause cancer and other serious health effects such as asthma, damage to the immune system, and environmental effects.... [tags: Air pollution]
842 words (2.4 pages)
This movie comes together nicely creating unity. The intended audience is successfully achieved by using a theme, plot, and purpose that applies to almost anyone. It’s combination of action, love, and comedy is appropriately used within the theme to create a purpose. Con Air successfully fulfilled its goals and has become a well-liked movie and a favorite for many people.