Essay PreviewMore ↓
The President's Old Cars
Once upon a time in the very country you live in, there was a president who learned a lesson the hard way. See the president loved cars, new cars, fast cars, slow cars, rusted out cars, it didn't matter, if he saw a car he wanted, he bought it. Most other leaders were helping their countries to become stronger, while ours was off buying cars. Then there came that memorable day when our president learned his lesson.
While out shopping for new cars, the president came across one he didn't have. It was a 1986 Ford Escort. It was all rusty, missing hubcaps, and squeaked as he drove it down the road. But while talking to the car salesman, he never worried about what was wrong with it. The salesman (trying to get rid of this piece of junk) told the president that this car was in great shape and there would probably never be another car like this one. He also told the president that if anyone tried to tell him that this car was loud and smoked that they were just jealous and making it up. The president, happy to hear that someone might be jealous of him bought the car right away with his country's money.
On his way home people lined the streets to see his new purchase. Many laughed and pointed as his Escort smoked putted along the street. The president remembering what the car salesman had said thought these people were just jealous and pretending that his car was making all the smoke and noise. So he proudly drove around his 4-speed car through the streets ignoring everyone that laughed at him.
Now during the time the president was out buying new cars the American people more money because their jobs weren't paying enough. The president was giving less and less money every time he gave out money, so he would have money to buy a new car. The fact that his people were starting to starve didn't bother him at all.
A couple of weeks later he was out to buy another car. He went back to the salesman that had sold him the Escort earlier. The president told the salesman that people actually laughed at his previous purchase. Then the salesman and president laughed because they were sure that those people were just jealous and making that stuff up about the car.
How to Cite this Page
"the emperors new car." 123HelpMe.com. 21 Nov 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Everyone has heard the saying don’t judge a book by a cover. Sadly every minute of the day someone gets judged because of assumptions that are not correct. These assumptions overtime eventually lead to stereotypes. A stereotype is an image or idea of a particular type of person. Stereotyping a person is seen in many differents aspects such as race, groups, beliefs, appearance, etc. An individual may ask why people are stereotyped or stereotype. In reality stereotyping helps people categorize the different type of people.... [tags: social issues, stereotypes, misconceptions]
1806 words (5.2 pages)
- New Hampshire Car Insurance Searching for cheap car insurance in New Hampshire. The “Live free or die” State is actually one of the two States that don’t have any mandatory auto liability coverage for their motorists. But it doesn’t mean that you wouldn’t get one. Regardless if it’s required or not, insuring your vehicle is important to protect you from financial constraints when car accident happens. For people in New Hampshire who plan to purchase car insurance, there are many ways on how to get the best coverage at the lowest possible rate.... [tags: Motorcyclists, Car Owners]
949 words (2.7 pages)
- ... A parent, for example, would be interested in a lot of room and a lot of safety features for their families. That in mind, they might look for a Honda Pilot or a Dodge Caravan. After figuring out the type of vehicle you want, you must set a budget for yourself. This will help you get a good deal that doesn’t cost more than what you’re willing to spend. Buying a car that is used usually works in the buyer’s favor because you don’t need monthly or bi-weekly payments, there is variety, and the price can usually be negotiable.... [tags: dealer, buying a new car]
918 words (2.6 pages)
- "Behold, I found Rome of clay, and leave her to you of marble." This was the Emperor Augustus’s last words. I think these words are very significant because he laid the foundations of the Empire and made Rome great. The reign of Augustus was one of the most important as the model that the other emperors would follow. Augustus helped build Rome into what it is and in turn, changed modern society. Octavius was the first emperor of Rome and was born in 63 B.C. He was originally born in Rome but raised in his parents’ hometown Vilitrae.... [tags: Roman Emperors, Rome, history, Caesar Agustus, Pax]
522 words (1.5 pages)
- Tesla Motors Case Study Tesla Motors is a new car manufacturer company that offers electric cars to customers. It is well known and appreciated by many people. Some people like the company, but some others do not. The company has been well established in the market; however, some financial specialists say the company is not. Therefore, to agree or disagree with them, it is crucial to focus on its history, development, growth, external environment, SWOT analysis, corporate level strategy, business-level strategy, and do an analysis of the financial ratios.... [tags: Tesla Motors, Electric car, Electric vehicle]
908 words (2.6 pages)
- Recently I read one of the Hans Christian Anderson's short stories, The Emperor's New Clothes. This Danish writer in his story made such a good picture of foolish kings and governors that now-a-days are much more before. Many years ago there was an emperor who was so excessively fond of new clothes that he spent all his money on them. He cared nothing about his army, nor for people and his country, except to showing off his new clothes. One day two swindlers came to castle and said to emperor that they can weave the most beautiful stuff imaginable.... [tags: essays research papers]
595 words (1.7 pages)
- Natalle Chan (20621216) Dr. Boba Samuels ENGL 109 Wednesday, March 9, 2016 (Title) Often the only time many families will rent a car is for travelling purposes. Even those who own expensive cars may find that renting a car is a better option for them. There are several reasons people rent a car for example, when going on a vacation, people prefer renting a car so they do not have to rely on public transportation. As well, for special occasions such as reunions, high school graduations, and anniversaries it is nice to rent a luxurious car or limo.... [tags: Car rental companies, Car rental]
1364 words (3.9 pages)
- Cars general work with the engine turning over from the driver using their key which makes the four piston strokes start. Once that happens, it starts moving getting hot and while that is happening, it moves the transmission belt which moves the alternator, and the alternator starts generating power through kinetic energy which in turns keeps the battery powered so you don’t lose power while driving. After the engine does that then power is supplied to the various computers in the car which gets it started moving.... [tags: purchase analysis]
1515 words (4.3 pages)
- The AVIS car rental company uses humour in their commercials to attract people towards their product however it also uses human traits such as anthropomorphism and personification to do so. This also causes people to feel bad or have second thoughts about their old sold cars. Specifically it gives humane traits such as adultery, and sadness. The goal is to attract people towards their product with humour. However some people take it seriously or it gets into their head which causes them to feel bad about their old sold cars.... [tags: Car rental companies, Car rental]
968 words (2.8 pages)
- Keeping a car clean and washing it on a regular basis is important, but to keep a car looking show case nice, you need to wax and polish it every few months. Sure everyone can have a clean car, but what really makes it stand out will be the shine it will have after a good touch up and giving it that new-car look back to it. There is a saying that goes like this “a car is only as clean as the owner”, so why not make a good first impression pulling up to a scene and showing off that hard earned money invested into a luxury ride.... [tags: wax, polish, clean car]
840 words (2.4 pages)
The president then came across a garbage truck. He had never bought a garbage truck before and thought that it would help make his collection more complete. On the outside the truck wasn't too bad, they had at least washed it. But inside was a mess. There was still trash in the back of the truck too! The truck gave off a horrible smell, and people knew when the president was coming miles before he even got there. Again the salesman told the president that there wasn't any smell, and the people only said that because they still jealous of what the president could buy.
One day the president had a meeting with his workers. They tried to tell the president that this car salesman was ripping him off. They told him of the country's problems with money, and that he shouldn't spend the people's money on cars that are useless, and that people weren't lying when they said that his cars smelled, or smoked out of the engine, and fell apart as he drove down the road. He ignored them again and said that wouldn't understand, and that the country had plenty of money.
Then while driving down the road in his garbage truck the president noticed something. He saw thousands of people living in the streets! He had never seen so many homeless people before. This time they weren't pointing at his truck, instead they were throwing anything they could find at him. Then finally they tore the garbage truck up so much that it couldn't be driven any more. When the president go out he asked why they were mad at him, it wasn't his fault they were homeless, was it? They told him that because he had spent so much money on cars that barely ran, that he had no money to give to them.
The president quickly came up with a plan to get the people's money back. He took all his cars back except his bicycle to the salesman. He yelled at him telling the salesman he had lied to him, and that he wanted to sell all his cars back, or he would deport him to Afghanistan! The salesman agreed and gave the president back all the money. The president then gave the money to all his people and thanked them for always being honest, even when he didn't listen. The president never bought another car, and rode his bike everywhere thanking his country. He was then voted as the president 5 more times, and made the U.S.A. the strongest country in the world.