Essay PreviewMore ↓
Schedules are a difficult thing to balance. A person must find the time to complete a number of tasks in a day. A normal adult may have time to get everything done and still have time to spare. The normal college student on the other hand is constantly on the go. College students have busy schedules that include working, studying, and socializing.
Most college students work. How else are they going to have the money for all those late night pizza deliveries? Part time employees usually eat on the road on the way from school to work. They work about 5 or 6 hours a day and then head home tired and ready for bed. Maybe not every night but usually there is some kind of paper to be written or chapter to be read. Full time college students that are also full-time workers have to plan everything out in order to make the time to get everything done. One of the things most college students don’t make time for is housework. They often wait until everything is dirty to start the laundry. Dishes are another thing that tend to pile up. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner plates and glasses add up after a week.
College students must find time in their busy schedules to study. In order to keep up they must do daily assignments. Reading every night helps to prepare for the exams. Taking notes in class and out of class are also necessary. Students also have exams at the end of the semester that require hours of studying. Waiting until the last minute and then cramming it all in is often a final resort. Many students who have kept up just go over and recall the information. All students must find time to study in order to pass.
To escape from studying and working college students are known for socializing. They may help out in service clubs. Visiting a nursing home can be relaxing and comforting for both people.
How to Cite this Page
"The College Life." 123HelpMe.com. 18 Sep 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- My unflagging interest in computers began at the age of 9 when I was among the 4 students selected to represent my class in a computer quiz. With each new question posed ,I found my curiosity further piqued and found myself captivated by the vastness of technology and amazed by what technology could offer. In order to quench my new found thirst for computers, I started reading books like the basics of DOS & Internet Programming .I also read novels like Prey by Michael Crichton which explored the concept of AI and Deception point by Dan Brown which introduced me to the world of cryptography .Although these books were fictional, it nevertheless enthralled me and motivated me to explore the pot... [tags: computers, technology, coursework, college]
816 words (2.3 pages)
- College prepares people for life Today in American society, one feels pressured and obligated to seek higher levels of education. In the article “College prepare people for life” written by Freeman Hrabowski, he expresses his views on the many aspects in which college prepares one for their life; especially, financially. Having a college degree increases ones ability to get a job in comparison to somebody who has solely a high school diploma. However, many are faced with the irony of having to go into to debt, in order to work towards financial independence and security.... [tags: Higher education, University, College]
939 words (2.7 pages)
- The College Life Schedules are a difficult thing to balance. A person must find the time to complete a number of tasks in a day. A normal adult may have time to get everything done and still have time to spare. The normal college student on the other hand is constantly on the go. College students have busy schedules that include working, studying, and socializing. Most college students work. How else are they going to have the money for all those late night pizza deliveries. Part time employees usually eat on the road on the way from school to work.... [tags: essays research papers]
412 words (1.2 pages)
- As I graduated high school, I thought college would just be yet another four years of high school, and I was wrong. College opens many new doors in a young man or woman’s life. There are new responsibilities and pressures that you will have to deal with, and with more freedom these responsibilities and pressures can be difficult to handle. College has changed a great deal over the years and these changes, such as more freedoms, make college a much more challenging experience. You need to start preparing for college now by making yourself more responsible and having more self-control.... [tags: Compare Contrast Essays]
979 words (2.8 pages)
- Internet Usage in College life Who would have thought that one technological advance would change the way we look at many things in life. Who could have believed this to be true ten years ago. This technological device happens to be the Internet and it is very prevalent in our modern day society. It is involved with every facet of life from parenting to sports, from shows to artistic expression, and from education in the college realm. The Internet has changed many things including the educational system of America.... [tags: Essays Papers]
1673 words (4.8 pages)
- When students are still in high school, college looms in the distance like an ominous cloud. Frankly, all of the students are scared about going to college. When students go to college they feel like going to the great unknown – to go to a place where they don’t know anyone. But after all college is not that bad. First of all, the adjustment to college isn't that rough. The staff and students are trained to make the adjustment as easy as possible, and the other students they meet are just as nervous as they are.... [tags: essays research papers]
619 words (1.8 pages)
- College Life College life is going to be good. I have a nice cabin on the lake with a gorgeous view. I am staying with a good friend from back home. My neighbors are awesome. I am away from my parents, and I am on my own. What more could you ask for. "Well, maybe it isn't that great," I thought. "I am two hundred miles from home, and away from all of my friends." "So, aahh, what should we do?" I asked. "I don't know," replied Travis. "I think college life might be harder than I thought," I said.... [tags: Dialogue Essays Personal Narratives]
497 words (1.4 pages)
- College Life Dear Freshman Friend: Hello and welcome to college. You will spend the next four years of your life studying, sleeping, eating, exercising, making friends, making enemies, falling in love, being heart broken, plagiarizing, and suffering in this ancient institution called university. You probably learned from brochures, applications, and other similar college advertisements the number of volumes the library owns, the name of your future college professors, and even how many hectares the university covers.... [tags: Papers]
577 words (1.6 pages)
- College Life A new experience, a change from the norm, looking out for myself, and living on my own: for me this is college. The transition of high school student to college seemed immensely overwhelming and even a bit scary. The shift opened a can of worms and created challenges, both good and bad, behind every corner. Due to the change of scene, I am now dealing with the everyday acceptance of the greater world around me: the town, the people and my new life. Graduation: the last day that I would unwillingly set foot on the fields of Horizon High School.... [tags: Personal Narratives Education Essays]
1052 words (3 pages)
- When I came to Reinhardt College, I had to meet new people. I had to meet new teachers, coaches, and students. One coach who stood out to me is coach Jonathan Lenarz. He is the Reinhardt soccer coach and teaches Reinahardt Orientation and Wellness. There are many things that I can say about Jonathan Lenarz, like he is a careing, understanding, and intelligent person. Caring is a great way to decribe a coach because he looks out for players on his team and also anyone who is around him.... [tags: essays research papers]
442 words (1.3 pages)
College students are under a great deal of stress. They must manage their time wisely. As one can see their schedules are busy with working, studying, and socializing.