Essay PreviewMore ↓
The men on each shoulder of the field necessitated the charge. The leaders have decided the field must be acquired. The question that consistently comes to my mind is why. I have battled numerous times and have never seen victorious armies inhabit the conquered field. Never have I seen advantage made from bloodshed.The only resource needed to make a charge, in battle, is heart.
If a man doesn’t have the heart, a charge is not in him. Many say courage is what you need, but that is not so. You can have a Lion’s courage, but if lacking heart, courage will run dry, heart is everlasting.The men around me I know have heart, and for that I thank the All Mighty. I’ll not have to look for them, because they will be right at my side when the time comes.
These men have shown their heart in many clashes for me to distrust them now. We have been told that only a few of us will return, but in a charge that is understood. To charge an enemy, you sense from the beginning you will not survive. That isn’t the question which will last after all is done. They will only ask, ‘did he die well’. I can see the sun rising.
The time is nearing for us to do our duty. ‘Duty for country, duty for flag, but above all, duty for our comrades’ is the soldier’s motto. The man next to you is your country, flag, and brother.We all know this day is to be a challenge to our friendship. There are times when I think I may turn to cowardice, but then I look at my friends and know that cannot be.I always am, I’ve always been, and I will always be, because humanity needs me. The captain has just called roll and we are all here as we’ve always been.
How to Cite this Page
"The Charge." 123HelpMe.com. 04 Apr 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Overview This chapter is divided in to two parts; the first part is reviewing the physical background of space charge, while the second part is reviewing some previous models that were proposed to calculate space charge under HVDC. Space charge One of the properties of insulation material under HVDC is their tendency to accumulate space charge; this is due to allowing weak electrical conduction by these materials . The charges which are flow within insulation may be non-uniform due to non-homogeneity of the material .... [tags: Electric charge, Fundamental physics concepts]
1059 words (3 pages)
- We are often unaware of the cost of war on humans. We might calculate the numerical cost of weapons and equipments, but disregard the cost of cognitive, physical, and psychological on soldiers, civilians, and the entire world. To countries in conflict, war is more than the numerical cost in dollars. War brings the most awful in mankind, additionally demonstrates our boldness, our faith, and our ability to sacrifice. It also takes so much time to recover from its effect. Arts, including poetry succeed to show the horrific meaning of the war.... [tags: Poetry, Charge of the Light Brigade, Crimean War]
1241 words (3.5 pages)
- In this essay I am going to compare and contrast the differences between ‘The Charge of the Light Brigade’ and ‘The Destruction of Sennacherib’. ‘The Charge of the Light Brigade’ is written by Poet Lauriat Lord Tennyson and ‘The Destruction of Sennacherib’ is written by Lord Byron. They both contain different poetic techniques and write about a battle in completely different ways. The historical context behind ‘The Charge of the Light Brigade’ is that it is a battle in October 1854, which was a disastrous charge of British cavalry led by Lord Cardigan against Russian forces during the Battle of Balaclava in the Crimean War, Tennyson wrote the poem pointing out the courageous and the tragic.... [tags: battle, Charge of the Light Brigade, Destruction ]
1423 words (4.1 pages)
- War in the poem The Charge of the Light Brigade “The Charge of the Light Brigade” is about battle and the death of soldiers, and the experience of war. Tennyson´s poem celebrates the glory of war, despite the fact that, because of an error of judgment someone had blundered, six hundred soldiers were sent to their death. The first verse starts in the middle of the action as Cardigan the commander, gives the order to charge. “Forward the light brigade charge for the gun.” This gives a sense of the excitement of the galloping horses in the cavalry charge, and sweeps the reader along, Tennysons then uses noble sounding euphemisms like “into the valley of death” to describe the fate that awaits... [tags: The Charge of the Light Brigade Poetry Essays]
644 words (1.8 pages)
Messages of War in "The Charge of the Light Brigade" by Alfred Lord Tennyson and "Dulce Et Decorum Est" by Wilfred Owen
- War is a controversial topic where people’s views differ at what war is, some people see it as pure evil and wicked while others think that it is brave and noble of what soldiers do. They look at poems which have been written by people affected by wars to show the contrast and the messages which are portrayed. Two poems which show different views of war are ‘the charge of the light brigade’ by Alfred Lord Tennyson and ‘Dulce Et Decorum Est’ by Wilfred Owen. Both these poets use linguistic devices to convince the reader of their view of what the war is.... [tags: war, Charge of the Light Brigade, Alfred Lord Tenn]
613 words (1.8 pages)
- Reality of War in Crane's War is Kind and Tennyson's Charge of the Light Brigade An overwhelming tendency to fight and battle has plagued humankind since the dawn of the written word. Countless wars have been fought since the dawn of man and most times such conflict exists simply for its own sake with no productive end. Immense human suffering and death can be caused by conflicts that hold little logical justification. Since the birth of the written word, criticism and discussion have persistently followed the topic of war.... [tags: Charge of the Light Brigade Essays]
1827 words (5.2 pages)
- Views of War in Tennyson’s Charge of the Light Brigade and Whitman’s Drum-Taps Even though Walt Whitman and Alfred, Lord Tennyson wrote with different styles and ideals, the common theme of war gave them the similar purpose of exposing the destructive nature of battle while remaining inspiring and even optimistic. Tennyson’s "The Charge of the Light Brigade" reveals a fatal "blunder" that cost the lives of many English soldiers, while asserting that the unquestioning loyalty of the British troops causes tremendous pride.... [tags: Charge of the Light Brigade Essays]
2574 words (7.4 pages)
- PrologueThis short story is about the impressions of a soldier just before he is thrown into the hell of battle. The date of the battle is of no consequence. These thoughts have no doubt come down through eons of man’s history. From the cave man to the space stations of tomorrow these thoughts will live forever.*****War’s face never changes. Men converge on diametric edges of a field. Whether corn, wheat, or just a meadow blanketed in wild flowers, the arena has never matter. The men on each shoulder of the field necessitated the charge.... [tags: essays research papers]
676 words (1.9 pages)
- Summary Charge Off is an unfortunate inevitability of lending. Our current process is dependent on manual file maintenance and reporting, and consumes an inordinate amount of our Repayment Manager’s time on a monthly basis. Excluding the analysis of accounts for charge off, the tasks associated with the current charge off process are clerical in nature and exhibit poor allocation of the Repayment Manager’s expertise. As an organization we hold operational efficiency in the highest regard, and the charge off process is an excellent candidate for an efficiency overhaul via automation.... [tags: Business Proposal]
805 words (2.3 pages)
- In some Greek experiments, objects attracted each other after rubbing. Other experiments produced objects that pushed away, or repelled, each other. The evidence showed that electric force made matter either attract or repel other matter. Electric force is caused by electric charge. Electric charge is a property of the bits of matter within atoms. Electric force can cause matter to attract or repel because there are two kinds of charge – positive and negative charge. The effects of electric force can be summarized as the law of electric charge: Pieces of matter with the same kind of charge repel each other.... [tags: essays research papers]
601 words (1.7 pages)
Time grows near for the bugler to blow again, and us to charge the nemesis, whoever it is. That’s our trade and we will do it with love, with hate, and with determination to be victorious. Even though victory isn’t the real question. Victory or defeat is indistinguishable. There is only one consequence of the charge and that is death. The bugler blows.
The captain stands before us with a sword in hand. We look to him for the command to charge. He turns gazing at us, and then smiles to nobody. He turns raising his sword thundering the word charge.
We get to our feet and surge forward like devils toward the other shoulder of the field. Our nemeses try to stop us with their own force. I have no sorrow for them today. They have the side of the field we want, and that cannot be. Our Masters want that shoulder of earth so we must kill them for it.My comrades are falling all around bleeding screaming in agonizing pain, and I see that death has come to many. The sights of my friends enrage me to the point of frenzy.
Those men on the other side must suffer equally as my friends. There is no other way it can be. Oh God, I feel a sharp pain. I look down and see life running out of my chest. God the other side has killed me before I could kill them. I cry out, kill those men who killed me.Even death will not stop my return, for I’m a soldier and there will always be soldiers. For as long as man lives the nemesis must be destroyed.