Essay PreviewMore ↓
With technology benefiting various fields, life has suddenly become a joyful journey for everyone. In the simple forms, like electronic stoves, telephones displaying caller’s ID and automobiles the ride of life has become a pleasure. In the same way, the lives of students have also taken a leap towards easiness.
When we talk about technology in education the first and foremost advancement is the computer and internet. If a student has the Encyclopedia of Britannica or Microsoft’s Encarta Encyclopedia on his/her computer, he rarely finds himself in a library or even on the internet. But for those who don’t have these encyclopedias have the entire world of internet information at their finger-tips.
Internet in its simplest form enables one to access emails; this too is a source of information especially for those who are in contact with their teachers and need constant aid.
Those who have joined Distant Learning Education programs need internet and the snail-mail system. If the postage was unreliable or the money transfer system was unpredictable then distant learning programs wouldn’t be so famous and sought-after.
A normal school going 8th grader has luxuries enough. Assignments are doable no matter how tough they are. If there is a presentation to go along with, then projectors come very handy. Children also bring along their self made slide shows if the facilities are favorable.
The field of education is vast. Be it the education in cosmetics, graphic designing, journalism or multimedia, technology is playing a huge part. Take photography for instance; new models of cameras keep emerging, the film has a variety of types and now with the emergence of digital photography, many people have suddenly realized that they want to make it their profession. For this, institutes are bringing in latest course outlines, equipment for study, instructors are being brought-in and dark rooms are being built.
Education was tough without technology. Parents were constantly worrying about their children who were sent abroad to study. Now with technology in picture, long distance calls have become much easier and considerably cheap. Nearly all students in an institute carry cell-phones making the above mentioned problem of worrisome parents seem small. Even though this involvement of mobile phone in the field of education is not that much, yet it’s so useful that just about everyone has this equipment.
Taking lectures was tiresome task, but with the introduction gadgets like; PDA, laptop and voice recorders, this dull work is now more enjoyable.
How to Cite this Page
"technology in education." 123HelpMe.com. 20 Feb 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- If technology travels at the speed of sound, then the impact of technology can be said to travel at the speed of light. In the first twenty years of man and machine collaboration, technology isolated people to a certain degree, leading to an inward search of meaning between the two. In effect, there was less, not more, collaboration. The present, however, is far different as educators, students and institutions work to overcome the tech shock and begin to look outward at the possibility of utilizing technology for widespread collaborative purposes.... [tags: Education Technology ]
1841 words (5.3 pages)
- I. Introduction Education is the basis of the modern world with it becoming standardized in all first world countries. With the Information Age, society has begun to adapt and engross technology into their daily lives. The technology has begun a way of life for the younger generations and has changed the way they communicate and learn. With this in mind, much of education in public schools in the United States have not changed in correlation with the Information Age. The rate at which information students can absorb is significantly less, causing a slump in their education.... [tags: Education, Technology, Teacher, School]
1794 words (5.1 pages)
- The twenty-first century has arrived, and it has brought some of the most advanced computing technologies into the classroom; this leaves us with a very important question, do we really need technology, such as iPads or computers, implemented in our learning plans. As a student that has taken entire courses on iPads or computers, I can tell you that the former is not the case. There are plenty of reasons to teach about technological advances in each individual field of learning, but, more often than not, technology is unreliable and distracting for students.... [tags: Education, Technology, Learning, Student]
1211 words (3.5 pages)
- Today’s High Technology has become an integral component of the lives of most of the children and teens growing up in America. The integration of technology and education is following a far rockier road, however, and that is to the determent of those children whose future will require a comprehensive, practical understanding of the digital landscape. Many teachers and parents resist the fusion of the Internet with education; the teachers fear the emphasis on technology will limit their ability to teach effectively, while parents are more concerned with safety and the risk of promiscuity aided by technology.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Technology, School]
1231 words (3.5 pages)
- Our world is changing gradually bringing these changes into people’s daily life styles; consequently, a person’s potential to embrace these challenges and revolutionize with them has become an important factor to analyze people’s way to prepare themselves for the future. According to Gilbert Valdez, educational technology, especially computers and computer-related peripherals, have grown tremendously and have permeated all areas of our lives. It is incomprehensible that anyone today would argue that banks, hospitals, or any industry should use less technology.... [tags: technology, education, ]
1603 words (4.6 pages)
- “Educational technology, especially computers and computer-related peripherals, have grown tremendously and have permeated all areas of our lives” (Valdez, 2005, ¶ 3). Computers are a prevalent part of most people’s professional and social lives. They serve an essential role in a myriad of industries including but not limited to, finances, health care, and retail. On the personal front, social networking sites such as Twitter, Facebook, and MySpace have gained a popularity that few could have predicted a decade ago.... [tags: technology, education]
1063 words (3 pages)
- Before delving in and seeing if technology has bettered our education in the 21-century, we should probably go back and explore how it originated. Marcia Clemmitt, in the article Digital Education discharges that “Electronic computers were invented in the early 1940's and used as early as 1943 for a wartime educational purpose -- as flight simulators.” (Clemmitt 1012). Clemmitt, in her article states the nature of the first computers coming into use in order to shine light on the original purpose they had.... [tags: Digital Education, Technology, Students]
1229 words (3.5 pages)
- How has introduction of technology influenced the education system. https://www.papermasters.com/technology-in-education.html Nuttall, Elizabeth. "Is Technology Affecting Teens ' Education Negatively?" Weblog post.LIVESTRONG.COM. LIVESTRONG.COM, 14 May 2013. Web. 24 July 2016. The author talks about pros and cons of using technology. She mentions about the expansion of opportunities and regarding the access to information on the web. The students no longer need to take lengthy lecture notes, ultimately saving time by completing the work over the computer instead of writing or drawing.... [tags: Education, Technology, History of education]
1804 words (5.2 pages)
- Technology has played a big role in the change of education throughout the years. The research paper entitled Technology: A Catalyst of education aims to explain the importance of technology in education today, and to discover if education is a big factor in making a school a better place to learn for students. It will tackle mostly about technologies’ positive effects to our daily lives and the use of technology in classrooms. Technology is the making, adjustment, usage, and acquaintance of tools, machines, techniques, crafts, systems, and methods of organization.... [tags: usb, projectors, technology, education]
2389 words (6.8 pages)
- Integrating Technology in Education Educational technologies are being utilized in every facet of school education. Increasingly, teachers are asking students to access information from technological sources. Methods of instruction must change in order to keep up with the ever-changing world and we, as teachers must cease the technological movement. There are many factors and activities that can help teachers develop an attitude that is intrepid in the use of technology, encourages them to take risks, and inspires them to involve technology in the classroom environment.... [tags: School Education Technology]
1751 words (5 pages)
Introduction of scanners have made the chore of copying little less frustrating. Printers too are playing an important role. Notes taken from internet are easily edited, compiled and then printed. Photo-copying machine is the answer to many prayers also. Expensive books that only institutes can afford, can easily be borrowed and photo-copied for further reference.
Libraries are a huge help in education and combined with technology, not only the staff has become more relaxed but the readers too now know that hanky-panky isn’t possible as the records are now more authenticate. Computers with internet access are now available in libraries and a separate area is dedicated to them for researchers.
Advancements of technology has made is possible for people of all ages to acquire to education. They don’t have to worry about lectures or compiling notes anymore and can simply rely on the luxuries which technology has so kindly provided.
Note: Bibliography not required as it is not taken from any site, book, or media