Essay PreviewMore ↓
On the other hand, for small firms, markets for technology increase the usefulness of strategies based on specialization of such firms in technology development. They do not need to incur expensive and shaky investments in downstream assets and can profit from their research even if they lack the complementary assets.
Because markets for technology also contain firms as technology buyers, the growth of such markets increases the importance of external of monitoring of technological developments and it increases the penalty of insularity and not invented here syndrome. The advantage of possessing some critical knowledge or technology may be limited by the ability of competitors to acquire the technology from other source, so markets for technology can also decrease the relative importance of technology as a source of distinct advantage.
For large technology based-firms, markets for technology boost the strategy space and firms can choose to license their technology rather than only depend on internal exploitation. The licensing decision is propelled by the interaction of the profit dissipation effect from licensing. This result from increased competition and the revenue effect from licensing which is caused by economic compensation paid by the license for accessing to the technology.
Companies should focus on other internal assets that provide them with distinguished advantages.
How to Cite this Page
"Markets for Technology." 123HelpMe.com. 28 Jan 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Business Plan for Progressive Consulting What follows is a complete business plan for a hypothetical company. Please copy or save to your disk and use as an example in developing your own business plan. If you would like to read a series of articles jump to Web Marketing . For additional business aids click on The Practical Tools of Consulting 1. 0 Executive Summary Progressive Consulting will be formed as a consulting company specializing in marketing of high technology products in international markets.... [tags: Marketing Technology International Markets Essays]
3860 words (11 pages)
- Rationale/Introduction Since the world medical device markets have been growing rapidly, the medical device manufacturing has been becoming an emerging industry with good prospect. According to the analysis of Chinese medical product industry, the global sales revenue of medical products has grew from 187 billion USD in 2001 to 355.3 billion USD in 2009, of which the growth rate has exceeded the global GDP’s. Over the past two decades, China has had a massive impact on the medical products market due to the open-door of the market supply for China.... [tags: world, sales, supply, technology]
2816 words (8 pages)
- Introduction As consumers, we are quite familiar with the consumer market and the channels that they operate under. Although the question that needs to be asked is whether business-to-business markets distinguishes itself from the consumer market. Does the approach to consumer markets differ in any way. Business-to-business markets operate under considerably more channels than the consumer market, ultimately the demand of the consumer is crucial if business-to-business markets were to be successful.... [tags: branding, technology development ]
1617 words (4.6 pages)
- IBM and Cisco offer a holistic approach to healthcare solutions that integrates the best of IBM and Cisco technologies to remove information barriers so data can be analyzed and shared in real time. They can deliver proven solutions that contribute to protecting citizens and property, saving lives, and putting cities back together in the wake of natural disasters. The Next Generation Connected Retail solution brings together IBM's retail industry leadership and Cisco's networking and communications leadership to deliver the foundation for transforming the retail enterprise and store.... [tags: IBM, technology, Hitachi]
1652 words (4.7 pages)
- Earnings Process and Efficient Markets The practice of insider trading is nothing new in the world the financial markets. Many have been doing it along the fringes of the established law; however, technology has now allowed many more people to be caught in the process. Raj Rajaratnam was prosecuted for making approximately 45 million for insider tips received from corporate executives and the illegality of such types of trades are not well known by the general public (Hansen, 2014). When taking a sample of three companies at random on any particular day, technology now allows anyone with Internet access to be able to look for what is known as surprise gains as well as surprise losses.... [tags: Stock market, Stock, Trade, International trade]
725 words (2.1 pages)
- Nowadays, it is not rare to see farmers markets scatter all over the country especially during the summer. As people begin to gain more knowledge about healthy eating, more farmers begin to set up tents and tables to sell their produce. No matter how cold it is or how busy people are, the markets are always packed with people. The large number of people going there might cause others to questions many things. How did these people know when and where these markets are opening. The answer to this question is short and simple: a blog or a website.... [tags: heath, vendors, organic]
1452 words (4.1 pages)
- Operating any business without the application of information technology in the modern business world is actually impossible. The world has gone digital and in every sector of economy, entrepreneurs are busy applying information technology systems to run their businesses smoothly. Nevertheless, the invention of information technology and its entrance into business arena has seen, customers demand better services whenever they do business or receive services. From banking to financial markets, stock exchange to retail markets, businesspersons use information technology principles to attract, serve and retain customers.... [tags: Information Technology ]
1539 words (4.4 pages)
- Whether or not we use technology too excessively is a hot debate. Today, many areas of society rely on technology to function. Studies have shown that incorporating technology in a classroom setting can vastly benefit the learning process of students. Technology has contributed to the development of mankind because it improves the way we live. Technology in communication, education, healthcare, transportation, banking, and households is very helpful and convenient because it makes our lives easier.... [tags: Technology, Education, Bank, Money]
1689 words (4.8 pages)
- The evolution of the video game industry can be traced through the metamorphosis of the early, complex, fantasy-world based games that were focused on the avid adolescent gamers using conventional joysticks and consoles, to easy, realistic games that appealed to a broader spectrum of age groups using innovative wand-like joysticks and consoles. When at its nascent stage, the video game industry focused on enticing adolescents by installing gaming systems at recreation centers and malls. With advanced technological enhancements, it became conceivably easier to reach out to other consumers through advanced gaming consoles that were now focused on disseminating to families at their homes.... [tags: technology, video game industry]
1946 words (5.6 pages)
- Thanks to deregulation & technological advances, Financial Markets are all interlinked. Funds can thus be raised overseas, not only domestically. Deregulation is the process by which rules and regulations are removed or reduced in order to make markets increasingly efficient. The rationale behind this is that deregulation will promote competitiveness, and therefore result in lower prices and a more efficient marketplace. To realise the effect of deregulation and technological advances on financial markets, we first have to understand what financial markets are.... [tags: Economics Finance Business Deregulation]
1366 words (3.9 pages)