Essay PreviewMore ↓
Abortion is a major topic in the United States and all over the world. It is legal in the United States and some people would even say it is safe. There are many factors that go along with having an abortion.
One of the first factors to consider would be to ask is it safe? According to research published in the most recent issue of the Southern Medical Journal women who abort their babies are significantly more likely to die afterward then a woman who delivers. Researchers at the Elliot Institute in Springfield, Illinois, analyzed the death and medical records of 173,000 low-income California women, comparing those who had an abortion to those who had babies. The women who had abortions were nearly twice as likely to die within two years of having an abortion, and their risk stayed elevated for at least the eight years the study was continued. The women who had abortions were seven times more likely to commit suicide and are at a very high risk for depression.
Another factor to be concerned about would be your morals. What you believe in and how you were brought up should also persuade how you think. A girl I know from high school got pregnant when she
was only sixteen. She denied being pregnant to everyone. We all knew that she was, but she wouldn’t admit it. She carried the baby to a full term, and instead of telling someone so she could get help she had the baby in her bathroom at her home while her parents were at work. The baby died before anyone could get to the house to help. This doesn’t sound right at all. As Stephen L. Carter said in the essay The Rules about the Rules, “if we happen to do something wrong, we would just as soon have nobody point it out. If she had admitted she was pregnant she would not have been in that predicament. Now she has to live with this on her conscious for the rest of her life.
How to Cite this Page
"sure." 123HelpMe.com. 19 Jul 2018
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In these days of economic uncertainty, with our unemployment rate in Minnesota at “6.4%” (Current), it is nice to be able to invest into a sure thing. There is no bigger certainty than the NFL. By investing into a new stadium for the Minnesota Vikings, we are sure to reap in the benefits of this inevitability. There are many reasons of objections to this investment into the sports team that represents our state across the country. Many people just do not believe that the Vikings need the public’s money.... [tags: Government]
1332 words (3.8 pages)
- On the surface David Ives’ “Sure Thing” is a play about two strangers who meet, fall in love and live happily ever after. When analyzed in more depth, the play is actually about the struggle that exists between one’s desire to be an individual and the need to conform, to a certain degree, in order to be part of a couple. The play exposes and discusses the tension that exists between the value of being an individual and value associated with being in love. Love holds the promise that you will always having someone there for you and that you will always have someone to share everything with.... [tags: play analysis]
787 words (2.2 pages)
- Relationships often fail. They are frail, unstable saplings when they first start out. Many couples won't make it very far. Even when they do, there seems to be never ending reasons for the pair to leave each other. Different backgrounds, tastes, and beliefs tear people apart before they get the chance to experience the sensation of love that is so desperately sought out. If two people cannot share these basic values, they may find it very difficult to continue dating. Then, the relationship is doomed already.... [tags: two lovers, keeping people apart]
561 words (1.6 pages)
- The luxuriously indulgent atmosphere that used to only be found in spas can now be brought into your home by using a few ingenious bathroom ideas. The only limitations to making a home's bathroom into a sumptuous space are a person's budget and imagination. That said though, there are ideas that can be used with any budget to make a bathroom into a space fit for royalty. One way to make a bathroom into an area fit for a prince or princess is to install large bathtubs into a bathroom. Out of all of the various bathroom ideas out there, this one is guaranteed to help create a comfortable area for anyone to enjoy in a home's bathroom.... [tags: Large Bathtub, Placing Lights]
502 words (1.4 pages)
- The topic I will be covering in this paper is Pro-life. This topic is centered on making sure each unborn child gets a chance to live. The National right to Life Committee is biased on the foundation that every life has a right to fulfil its purpose on this earth. This is the head of the Texas Right to Life Committee, and is based out of Louisville, Kentucky. We know, according to the bible, anything that happens works together for our good in the long run. “Romans 8:28 -And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose” (Holy Bible).... [tags: abortion, national right to life]
522 words (1.5 pages)
- Two or Three Things I Know For Sure Allison illuminates the fact that we as women must appreciate each other and our beauty before we can truly cherish other forms of beauty around us. “Two or three things I know for sure, and one of them is that of we are not beautiful to each other, we cannot know beauty in any form”(86). We are so conditioned to see female beauty as what men see as beautiful, that we don’t even know what it means to us. If we can get to the point where women feel beautiful even if they don’t fit the societal ideal, it will allow us to open our minds to all other forms of beauty.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
1042 words (3 pages)
- An Analysis of Impulse Anti - Perspirant and Sure Anti - Perspirant Advertisements Introduction Although these products, Impulse anti - perspirant and Sure anti-perspirant are very similar, they are advertised in very different ways, each, debatably, as effective as the other. Over the next few paragraphs I will analyse both adverts and assess their brand identities and target audiences. Impulse anti - perspirant advert This advert is very simple, with an eye-catching image of a woman doing an ordinary thing (walking her dog) in a strange way (with her arm up in the air meaning the dog has to walk upon its hind legs).... [tags: Papers]
1902 words (5.4 pages)
- There are several ways in which we can be assured that what we are taught about Jesus is true and not just made up. These are called our faith sources. These sources, like the Bible and other sources of information about Jesus have accounts of Jesus’ life. The most important part of these faith sources is the Christian Scriptures. Although the Christian Scriptures are one of the most valuable tools we have to learn about Jesus there are also the Gospels, and also other non-biblical, and non-Christian accounts of Jesus’ life that we can consider when trying to answer the question How can we be sure that what we are taught about Jesus is true and not just made up.... [tags: essays research papers]
492 words (1.4 pages)
- George W. Bush’s decision to make his first overseas trip to Mexico, in mid-February, has generated a great deal of speculation about what this could possibly mean for changes in U.S. policy toward Latin America over the next four years. It is clear that Mexico is vastly more familiar and comfortable for Bush than any other foreign country. In light of the questions raised about the former Texas governor’s foreign policy experience and competence during the campaign, it is hardly surprising that he would look first to the country immediately south of the Rio Grande to show he is up to the job.... [tags: essays research papers]
1381 words (3.9 pages)
- Abortion: Are you for or against. Abortion is a major topic in the United States and all over the world. It is legal in the United States and some people would even say it is safe. There are many factors that go along with having an abortion. One of the first factors to consider would be to ask is it safe. According to research published in the most recent issue of the Southern Medical Journal women who abort their babies are significantly more likely to die afterward then a woman who delivers.... [tags: essays research papers]
432 words (1.2 pages)
Personally I am not for having an abortion. It is our own choice to decide what is best for us. There are situations that to some extent could be understandable. I know there are teenagers who get pregnant on accident and they think they are too young and not responsible enough to have a baby. If they are old enough and responsible enough to have sex, then they are very capable of taking care of a baby. Are you for or against?