Essay PreviewMore ↓
Upon reaching my doorstep, I heaved a heavy sigh of relieve and pleasure. At last, I have reached my long waited destination; home. My red, sticky palm reached out for the doorknob. I was about to set foot onto the cold shiny tiles when I heard a soft whimper coming from behind me. When I turned to look for the source of the sound, I felt something fury brush past my ankle. Looking down at the fury thing, I was rooted to the ground. Right there, looking back at me, was a beautiful gray kitten. I could not believe my eyes. Before I could even think of what to do next, the kitten ran into the kitchen. Then, I heard my father roar in agony.
I was given a ten minutes lecture. Although I explained that the kitten went into the house when I came home, my father stubbornly came with the conclusion that I purposely let it in. After the lecturing, I was ordered to throw the kitten out of the house. Reluctantly, I brought it to a playground near my house. I had brought along a tin of sardines, which I took without anybody’s knowledge. I gave the kitten the sardines and watched it devour it. I stroked the soft, smooth fury creature and said goodbye, leaving it behind.
Surprisingly, the kitten always waits for me at my doorstep when I return from school. It did not go into my house but instead waited patiently for me to change into my casual clothes before bringing it to the playground with a tin of cat food that has cost a quarter of my school expenses. This went on for the next two weeks, and the next and the next. The kitten has then become my friend, a special friend.
Sometimes, when I am really pressurized with my schoolwork, I will complain to the kitten. People might think I am insane or just plainly stupid. Nevertheless, I think I did the right thing.
How to Cite this Page
"A Special Friendship." 123HelpMe.com. 16 Aug 2018
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “The 1% of US students with labels of severe disabilities including mental retardation have been historically excluded from ‘inclusive’ education” (Bentley, 2008, p. 543). Laws such as PL 94-142 and “No Child Left Behind” (as cited in Bentley), say that ‘public school students with all types of disabilities be educated in the least restrictive environment—‘to the maximum extent possible…with children who do not have disabilities’ the majority of these students with special education labels, such as, mental retardation and multiple disabilities are still isolated in special education classrooms (Bentley, 2008, p.... [tags: Special Education ]
1876 words (5.4 pages)
- Friendship might be called as a special kind of concern for your friend, a concern which might reasonably be understood as a kind of love (Helm, 2005). All of us have friends, whatever we are poor or rich. Friendship is very important to us, some of our friends may listen to us when we feel disappointed or happy, we share with our feelings each other; some others may take care of us when we are sick; some of them may live with us side by side. But as Sparks says, "Technology offers great capabilities to keep in touch with people, but it also can keep us from really getting to know someone"( Neuber, 2007).... [tags: Value of Friendship]
886 words (2.5 pages)
- Friendship is the most wonderful relationship that anyone can have. Ideally a friend is a person who offers love and respect and will never leave or betray us. Friends can tell harsh truths when they must be told. There are four different types of friends: True friends, Convenient friends, Special interest friends, and historical friends. To have friendship is to have comfort. In times of crisis and depression, a friend is there to calm us and to help lift up our spirits. There are many illustrations that show why a friend can be a great comforter.... [tags: Definition Essays Friendship Essay]
869 words (2.5 pages)
- My personal definition of friendship is it is the people you surround yourself with, have an amazing time with and laugh with. There are several qualities that go into a good friendship. There are often times when friends drift as well. My Friendships have played an extremely important role in my life. I do not know where I would be without my friendships. Friends to me are the people you know and enjoy being around and talking to. There are the best friends that are usually closer than the others and you are always with.... [tags: Friendship Essay, Personal Narrative]
478 words (1.4 pages)
- Confucius considered family ties to be the backbone of functioning societies. To continue the path of becoming an exemplary person (junzi) a person family is to model how they are and should be interacting with their communities. A family model is the bases of Chinese communities. In a family the father is at the top thus being making the boys of the family most important and the main focus of the parents. That’s made clear when the master states “As a younger brother and son, be filial piety (xiao) at home and deferential (di) in the community; be cautious in what you say and then make good on you word (xin).... [tags: honor, family, community, friendship]
1152 words (3.3 pages)
- Riding With the Top Down; The Importance of Friendship “The silver friend knows your present and the gold friend knows all of your past dirt and glories. Once in a blue moon there is someone who knows it all, someone who knows and accepts you unconditionally, someone who is there for life.” This is a quote I read once in an article by Jill McCorkle. I wrote it down and posted on my wall. McCorkle’s description of a “gold friend” describes a friendship that I have with a group of girls who mean the world to me.... [tags: Personal Narrative Friendship Essay]
1086 words (3.1 pages)
- Friendship Through the Years Two sets of twins live in the house cattycorner to mine. All four are girls, and all four are in diapers. The oldest set of twins, Michelle and Caitlin, are my age, and we quickly become playmates. Caitlin has striking red hair that drapes the bottom of her shoulder blades. She is so outgoing she would chat with a hobo on the street if her mother were not there to stop her. Michelle, on the other hand, is quieter and more reserved. She is an inch or two shorter than the kids her age, and lacks the confidence that dominates her sister's personality.... [tags: Friendship Essay Personal Narrative]
1816 words (5.2 pages)
- Friendship. What is the meaning of a true friendship. Who is that one true friend or friends. Whether it is a person’s pet, spouse, or sisters, friendship is that special bond between two or more individuals that share a mutual affection. While there is no limit on how, where, or even what the friendship is form or function, friends make everyone happy; most of the time. Sometimes it is hard to find that one person who a person can form a friendship with, however Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, and Ron Weasley had some bumps and bruises in the beginning of their trio friendship.... [tags: lasting interpersonal relationships]
949 words (2.7 pages)
- Everyone is affected by certain events or individuals that greatly change their life. Many people have influenced me during my 21 years of my life, but I believe that the person that has influenced my life the most is a wonderful girl by the name of Lindsay Schiller. In the year that I have known her, she has become one of my best friends, and has helped to transform me from a lonely computer nerd into a happy college student with a decent social life. Popular wisdom has it that, "You judge a man by his friends." Earlier in my life, that would have been difficult, because my father was a high school football coach, and it seemed as though every year I was moving to a new s... [tags: Friendship Essay]
874 words (2.5 pages)
- Richard White's Friendship and Commitment In this paper, I will examine the duties of friendship. I will look at arguments in favor of the view that there are special moral duties involved in friendship, but will ultimately reject this view. I will then explain what role I see friendship having in morality even without these duties. In Richard White’s article “Friendship and Commitment”, White argues that friendship is an “inherently moral activity” (81). He argues that part of being a friend is having certain obligations, like being helpful or emotionally available.... [tags: Friends Morals Loyalty Papers]
2722 words (7.8 pages)
This special friendship went on. The kitten is now a plump, healthy cat. I do not see it everyday but I will never forget to leave food for it at my doorstep. This special friendship is indeed an experience I am really proud of.