Essay PreviewMore ↓
When people think of Satanism or anything to do with that subject, they think of evil. People who sacrifice animals, do all sorts of drugs, murderers etc. But Satanism is completely different from what people may perceive it as. Satanism is actually a religion based on finding yourself and following a moral code other than the one society has made. Satanism goes back to ancient times before the birth of Jesus Christ any of the Gods that people worship today. The religion is spreading and is gaining popularity, not just as devil worshippers, but also as a religion.
Satanism is derived from the ancient Egyptian God Set, who is the Prince of Darkness. This God goes back before any of the dynasties were brought. There has been pictures that have dated back to 3200B.C. And inscriptions that date back to 5000B.C. Set is not like the image of Satan, but more of a figure of richness, subtlety and complexity.
The first cult began at the eastern Nile Delta and quickly spread to the borders of Egypt and Libya. Set can also be found in the Great Pyramid of Giza. It has a connection with the Setian afterlife and the solar life. Later, in the fourth dynasty Setian worship died down because of the start of solar worship. Setians’ started up again around 2000 to 1500B.C. The leader of Egypt Hyksos identified himself with Set.
The Pharaohs of Egypt declared Set as being mighty. Set represents the individual who through his own hard work, magical skill, and the use of the resistance of the world becomes divine (www.xeper.org). Set was almost destroyed when Christianity took over and identified Set as the modern Satan. And then bloomed during Greek time and spread as far as Great Britain. Then in 1975 the Temple of Set was founded.
In the Temple of Set the only followers are philosophers and magicians. The people with the most power in the temple are called the power of nine which include the High Priest of Set and the Executive Director. Priest/ Priestess, Adept, Magister/ Magistra, Magus/ Maga, and Ipsissimus/ Ipsissima. Adept means that a person has mastered the art of black magic. Priests are the ones who keep the integrity of the temple. They can recognize a person for his excellence or they can expel someone for not maintaining Setian morals.
Setians’ must be with the temple for a year before they can receive higher positions, most of them just stay as priests, but a few number make it to High Priests.
How to Cite this Page
"Satanism." 123HelpMe.com. 20 Feb 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The devil is a supernatural being thought of by society and Christians as an entity of pure evil. Although there is no hard evidence proving the existence of the devil, there are certainly plenty of testimonials of people who have claimed to see Hell. So let’s hypothetically say that the devil is real. If this were the case, then that would mean that the horrifying testimonials are actually true, which may lead one to wonder why people even call themselves a Satanist to begin with. Contrary to what one might think, Satanists do not believe that the devil is something of pure evil, nor do they view him as an actual person.... [tags: cults, religion]
976 words (2.8 pages)
- From the medieval times to these modern ages, the Wicca religion is still confused with the unmoral religion of Satanism. The Wicca religion has been around for many centuries. The Christian religion has harmed Wicca’s reputation by spreading fear that Wicca is an evil religion; no better than the worshipping of Lucifer. From the witch burnings in the medieval period till now, Wicca has been classified as part of Satanism. Common witch lore and costumes around the time of All Hallows Eve depict witches as evil beings, doing unspeakable things with malicious intent.... [tags: Religion]
1094 words (3.1 pages)
- Religion The topic I found most interesting to research is about Christianity and Satanism. I may sound bias because I grew up going to church and praying to God. I would go to church every Sunday with my family, we would do rosaries on special days and we would attend some of the events at church. My mom used to read in the alter and my dad used to be part of the choir. Now that I have grown I began to question things. Growth gave me the ability to make my own decisions. I started asking myself about the existence of God or how God created everything and how science is believed to be false every time it contradicts the bible.... [tags: God, Good and evil, Christianity, Jesus]
2480 words (7.1 pages)
- What is Satanism. Satanism is the religion of the flesh. Happiness, to the Satanist must be found here and now. No heaven exists to go to after death and no Hell of burning punishment awaits the sinner. Strongly attached to our family and close associations, we make excellent friends. Satanists do not believe that you can love everyone and treat every person the same. By failing to hate you make yourself unable to love. Feared by their enemies and loved by their friends, Satanist's build their stronghold in the community.... [tags: essays research papers]
1216 words (3.5 pages)
- Welcome to the hidden world of Satanism, where evil is embraced, not feared. According to a 1989 “Seventeen” survey, Satanism is believing that Judeo-Christian religions suppress man’s natural urge to seek out pleasure. Followers follow the devil and turn toward evil for pleasure. Teenagers are affected greatly by Satanism. There are many methods used to lure young people into joining satanic groups. The first initial approach is inviting a young person to a meeting on a certain topic, appealing to the their curiosity.... [tags: essays research papers]
498 words (1.4 pages)
- Satanism The occult is on the rise; many young people are seeking their spiritual identity through Satanism. Satanism has become an issue of great concern in our society. It is a phenomenon that crosses the city limits into the rural areas of our nation. Satanism is not just a big city problem. The news wires carry story after story about young children being kidnapped, only to be found later as victims of some bizarre ritualistic crime. This paper will analyze and will come to a conclusion to the most frequently asked question “What makes a person to convert his/her religion to Satanism?” To do so, this paper will examine the following areas: Effects of Satanism on our youth and society, d... [tags: social issues]
1428 words (4.1 pages)
- Abstract Satanism is a blatantly, selfish, brutal religion. There are millions of Satanists worldwide. The occult is on the rise because young people are seeking their identity through what Satanism offers. Anton Szandor LaVey the creator of the Church of Satan believes in attitudes that are ungodly, controversial, unethical, immoral, and perversive as evidenced by the present society. Satanism The content of this paper is intended to relay information about Satanism. A brief history of Satanism, the definition of the different groups of Satanists, and their beliefs, practices, and doctrines will be mentioned.... [tags: essays research papers]
1525 words (4.4 pages)
- SATANISM When people think of Satanism or anything to do with that subject, they think of evil. People who sacrifice animals, do all sorts of drugs, murderers etc. But Satanism is completely different from what people may perceive it as. Satanism is actually a religion based on finding yourself and following a moral code other than the one society has made. Satanism goes back to ancient times before the birth of Jesus Christ any of the Gods that people worship today. The religion is spreading and is gaining popularity, not just as devil worshippers, but also as a religion.... [tags: essays research papers]
507 words (1.4 pages)
- Misconceptions about Satanism Most religions like Christianity, Hinduism, and Islam have well defined meanings, one exception is Satanism. Most people have their own definition for Satanism. Some people feel that non-Christian religions and all Christian denominations other than their own are forms of Satanism. This would imply that all Buddhists, Hindus, Moslems, and Jews. In fact at least 75% of the world's population would be Satanists. Others feel that all religions other than Judaism or Christianity are inspired by Satan and thus are forms of Satanism.... [tags: Non-Christian Religions Satan]
1745 words (5 pages)
- Mankind has a history of turning away from God and embracing evil. From the days of Cain to the present, there is a chain of men and women who have forsaken the promise of salvation in favor of what we call Satanism. Literature has sought to record this turning away in many instances. Even today, alternative, rebellious youths practice pseudo-Satanism. However, what remains unclear is the surviving appeal of the essentially self-defeating religion. Dr. Faustus sells his soul to the Devil in return for worldly success.... [tags: Young Goodman Brown, YGB]
746 words (2.1 pages)
So the religion of Setian is just like Christianity or Buddhism. It has nothing to do with animal sacrifices, but in the individual person that you are. Although the morals of Setians are different. Their practices such as black magic do not agree with the Bible. They are still part of our society.