Essay PreviewMore ↓
"Everyone has his own specific vocation or mission in life; everyone must carry out a concrete assignment that demands fulfillment. Therein he cannot be replaced, nor can his life be repeated, thus, everyone's task is unique as his specific opportunity." -Viktor Frankl
Done because I was told to do so, I think not. All assignments are done by people like me who care where they will be ten, twenty, even thirty years from now. Assignments are designed to further ones knowledge about a specific subject, and this one is pushing me to do better. This assignment is being done for three reasons: to pass the class so I will eventually graduate, when a job comes I will be prepared for writing and so I can write and speak better.
First, and most importantly, I am taking this class so I can eventually graduate with the degree of my choice. You see, if I get a good grade on this, I will have a good grade in the class, which means I will be more likely to graduate. I am required to take 8-11 hours of college writing for a degree in engineering, which I will eventually finish at Walla Walla College. This essay is being done because when I look at the alternative, taking over the family business (carpentry), I don’t like it. Therefore I need to do this assignment, along with many others to complete my degree.
Secondly, when it comes time to get a job I will have the necessary knowledge to complete my required writing assignments. As an engineer I will need to know how to write for many aspects of the job, such as typing a memo or writing a manuscript. I will have to show my skills in my resume in order to apply for the job. Also I will be able to type my presentation before I give it at the office. People in charge of hiring can tell how well educated the prospective employee is by the way they speak and write.
Lastly, I will write and speak as though I was educated. I believe educated people speak differently, this assignment is actually serving a dual purpose, it’s getting me a grade in the class (whether it be good or bad) and helping me to write better. Id like to be the kind of person that can type an essay such as this in less than half an hour, but for now I will spend hours thinking about what to type.
How to Cite this Page
"Why Am I Doing this Writing Assignment?." 123HelpMe.com. 17 Jan 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Lorber’s Doing Gender/Observing Gender Writing Assignment I was assigned to the female sex category at birth and raised as a girl; the very fact that I can state that simple statement and people can get a fairly clear idea how I was raised shows just how intertwined we are with the social construction of gender. Women can relate because they were probably raised in a similar fashion, and men know that they were raised differently than I was. This is one of the many ways our society supports Lorber’s claim that gender translates to a difference among the binary American society operates on (Lorber, pp.... [tags: Gender, Gender role, Woman, Transgender]
1334 words (3.8 pages)
- From the beginning of English 100 course to the end, I have seen my writing skill develop tremendously. The writing assignments we were exposed to has help me become a better writer. The writing assignment “Description of a Character” has allowed me to improve my skills on writing in more depth about a certain person or situation. Also doing the worksheet for “Indian Education” has help me have a better understanding of the writing techniques in order to develop a good narrative collage. Doing the open letter to address an issue or topic using evidence to support a claim was a new skill I learned that will help me in future assignments.... [tags: Writing, Better, Sherman Alexie, Paper]
718 words (2.1 pages)
- When I first began Writing 101 I only had skills from high school and creative writing, and had no experience writing in a college setting. The reason I took this class was because it was a basic requirement for my studies. I started this class believing that I knew a lot about writing simply because I wrote often in my spare time, and creative writing was my favorite subject in high school. Now that this class is coming to an end, I realized there was so much I did not know about writing such as the rules and styles of writing.... [tags: Writing, Writing style, Creative writing]
838 words (2.4 pages)
- Writing Assignment 1: Observation Paper It stands to a reason that children are magnificent human beings. Once they are born, they do not know much, but within time they get to learn more and more. For this paper I chose to interview a young girl who is ten years old and lives in a family with both parents and a younger sister. The sister who is eight years old is very close to her age, however, their personality traits differ significantly. The subject is Caucasian and currently goes to school; the subject is in fifth grade.... [tags: Psychology, Family, Sibling, Parent]
1243 words (3.6 pages)
- Short Assignment #4 The writing process is always taught as a set way of doing things when, in fact, it is a process that requires personal methods that work for each individual person. It is a necessary lesson to teach in school but there should not be so much emphasis on following the exact way that is taught. It is a contrived process that was probably created by a group of scholars who didn’t even follow these exact rules. If anything, they all did variations of the ideas and then met in the middle with what should be taught.... [tags: Teacher, Education, Writing process, Writer]
925 words (2.6 pages)
- With this fall semester coming to an end, I have been reflecting about my writing skills. Before I took this class, I used to believe that I know how to make a good paper but I was wrong. Writing is one of my weakest skills I have, but this class helped me on how to make a better and well-constructed essay. This letter will show how I have improved from the writing assignments that was assigned. All writing assignments are challenging for me. Writing requires brainstorming time to build up your ideas for the essay.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Learning, Better]
959 words (2.7 pages)
- Throughout this semester, the approach I took towards writing, as well as my writing style, has been expanded tremendously due to the introduction of new methods of writing and research. I learned that there are many ways to write, and how to choose which way works best to effectively communicate my thoughts and ideas as a writer. This course involved many aspects of writing, and revolved around many different styles. To be successful, I had to learn and understand new ways of writing I had previously never experienced before.... [tags: Rhetoric, Writing, Writing style]
1097 words (3.1 pages)
- All through the entire INTRO-TECH & SCIENTIF WRITING handle in this course ENGL231C. We as a whole have had a ton of obstructions in a few periods. The greater part of them comes when I audit a paper, in the amendment procedure. Amid this semester I attempted to improve my written work step by step. I have been confronting issues when I need to erase or add something to my work. For instance, it took me a while until I settled my last paper because of the way that having some punctuation botches too minor issues.... [tags: Writing, Paper, Essay, Skill]
797 words (2.3 pages)
- When I first signed up for this class, I thought that it would be easy since it was a summer course. This was somewhat the case. The class overall was not hard but there was a lot of assignments to keep up with. When I first started my summer courses I had trouble managing my time and completing my assignments in a reasonable time. As the semester came to an end, I believe that I have grown in terms of time management. I still procrastinate sometimes on little things but not as much as I did in the beginning.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Protagonist, Short story]
1847 words (5.3 pages)
- Writing Technology One definition of writing is to form letters, words or symbols on a surface such as paper with an instrument such as a pen (www.dictionary.com). To many this is an obvious definition. We use paper, pens and pencils almost every day of our lives. It has become so much the norm that we take it for granted and don‘t give it a second thought. But in retrospect, writing can be looked at as a technology that has come a long way and that is more complex than we may know. When given the task to write 20 words or less by using something natural, I found it to be very difficult.... [tags: Writing Technology Technological Papers]
1454 words (4.2 pages)
Assignments can be difficult and take lots of time, but even so they still need to be done. When I complete an essay I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. This assignment might have been done because I’m greedy, but more likely I want a good grade.