Essay PreviewMore ↓
Tutoring kids is one type of community service. I can say from experience teaching kids to learn is a great feeling. I know because I’ve been tutoring kids for almost seven months. You’ll be surprised how it makes you feel. To have one of your students’ parents thank you because there child has never been able to make an “A” in there reading or math class. Just hearing those words lets me know that I am already making a difference. The place that I volunteer at is Casa De Amigos and the children that go there really look up to you. Yes you’re helping them to be able to reach their goals but you’re also teaching them that helping the community can change so many lives.
There are many activities that will help the community. Another way that I have experience is picking up trash. This one is very important because you are helping the environment and town that you live in. So why not help your environment to be able to apply for a scholarship. It’s also a fun way to meet people that enjoy making a difference. Picking up trash is one of the most common types of community service. There are so many volunteers a day picking up trash in their neighborhood and all around town. To be able to get involved all you do is call the Midland City Department and they will be glad to guide you where to go so you can help our community.
Another service that I have done has been to volunteer at the West Campus Hospital gift shop. It was a great experience for me; if I had the time I would make the effort to volunteer again. For people that is good at socializing with others and love organizing I would recommend volunteering at the gift shop.
How to Cite this Page
"Volunteering Changed My Life." 123HelpMe.com. 18 Jan 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I can understand the reasoning and importance behind volunteering. It’s a valuable experience for everyone. Doing 12 hours wasn’t as horrible as doing the required amount of community service I did for the clubs I was in. Even then, since I had time, I would do more. Some of it was not noted since it didn’t feel right. I prefer to do things with reasoning from myself and my own heart. Doing the community service was my own choice and something I don’t need to be rewarded or given credit for choosing to do so.... [tags: Education, Time, Teacher, Help me]
708 words (2 pages)
- A reflection of my volunteering experience can be summarized in two words: Life-changing. It is hard to explain the feelings that occur when you involve yourself in selfless acts for your community, such as volunteering. There is a feeling in your heart that you cannot ignore, maybe it is the happiness you feel or the overflow of emotions in helping others. In other words, it is a feeling in which you want to share with others. Maybe with a friend, maybe a classmate, maybe a family member, or maybe even a stranger.... [tags: Psychology, Cognition, 1998 albums, Thought]
1778 words (5.1 pages)
- “Volunteers are not paid; not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless.” - Sherry Anderson (Volunteering Quotes: Finest Quotes). On average, when people think about community service, they assume that volunteering is just ‘hours we need to be able to graduate’ and that is it. Community service is more than just hours; community service is based on the acts performed by someone with the purpose of helping or bringing benefits to his or her community. People frequently compare community service as a punishment since it is often offered to small-time offenders as an alternative to fines or jail time.... [tags: Contribution to My Community Service]
1793 words (5.1 pages)
- Booker T. Washington once said, “ If you want to lift yourself up, lift someone else up”. This quote is meant to stress the importance of volunteering and how it not only benefits the people in need but also the volunteers. Volunteering is an essential aspect of society because it teaches responsibility, humbleness , and helps save money. A wide range of people use volunteer services including senior citizens and disabled veterans. The Salvation Army is the world’s second largest nonprofit organization.... [tags: Volunteer, Volunteering, Volunteerism, Want]
1090 words (3.1 pages)
- A recent failure that has changed how I go about my daily life is one that many college freshman experience in their first year. In high school I was a very good student, but I did not have to put in a lot of effort to get the grades that I wanted. I would joke with my friends and say that high school taught me how to put in the least amount of effort, and still get the maximum result. All of my teachers told me, as they did every student, that college was going to be different and if you do not put in more effort it would be very difficult.... [tags: Learning, Knowledge, Friendship, Psychology]
1076 words (3.1 pages)
- "You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Ghandi "Love cannot remain by itself — it has no meaning. Love has to be put into action and that action is service." - Mother Teresa I have always enjoyed the feeling that I acquired after doing a good deed or simply helping someone out. However, I had no idea that my 40 hours of community service would turn into over 400 hours, for no reason other than the fact that I love it!. Through volunteering I have learned that many organizations exist only with the help of volunteers from the community, I have seen the amount of joy that volunteering brings to those who you are helping out, I discovered a feeling of self-satisfacti... [tags: Community Service Essays]
650 words (1.9 pages)
- "He who wishes to secure the good of others, has already secured his own." - Confucius "Caring has the gift of making the ordinary special." - George R. Bach Filing. The word itself made me shudder. The hours spent kneeling at the cabinet searching for folders, the monotony of sorting hundreds of papers into piles, and the sharp sting of pain as my finger hit the edge of a peer at the wrong angle – it was tortuous on so many levels. It had only been 3 months since I’d started volunteering at the hospital, and already I was sick of it.... [tags: Essays on Volunteering]
522 words (1.5 pages)
- "He who wishes to secure the good of others, has already secured his own." - Confucius The Christmas in October Program is an annual event I participated in that helps someone who is less fortunate by fixing up their home. It is a two-day event where exterior and interior work is done on a home. The program requires a company to sponsor the project, and volunteers to do the actual work. It is called Christmas in October because it takes place in October, but feels like Christmas because of its memorable effect.... [tags: Community Service, Service Learning]
514 words (1.5 pages)
- I was raised in a Baptist family of four. My childhood was calm and pleasant. I was raised with solid principles and moral values that created the sole foundation of what has shaped me today. Growing up, I was taught to embrace the idea of being respectful, passionate, responsible and understanding. From these ideas, I grew to have a powerful sense of wisdom and work ethic that has always allowed me to accomplish what I set out to do. Watching my parents and church from a young age has shown me the commitment and right lifestyle I needed to start my personal journey to a successful life.... [tags: English-language films, Family, Personal life]
700 words (2 pages)
- “Life is a marathon and you 're still at the store buying your running shoes." I was sitting in class in ninth grade zoning out when my global history teacher approached and told me that. Those words hit me hard, and for the first time I felt shame. I was never the brightest student in my family, always stuck in the shadow of my overachieving sister. I didn’t take school seriously. I figured there was no point in pursuing an education if I was going to join my father in his food business. My parents are emigrants from Uzbekistan who came to America in search of a brighter future for my sister and me, as well as to escape religious persecution from Muslim extremists.... [tags: Physician, Patient, Meaning of life, Family]
898 words (2.6 pages)
I know the community has many places where you can volunteer for community service. Volunteering made a huge difference in my life and in the community.