Essay PreviewMore ↓
Imagine picking up the newspaper one morning in you quiet little town where nothing ever seems to happen that could affect the townspeople so drastically…
“Latham Weekly, June 2, 1998”
“Bizarre Murders Committed In Raccoon City” is the fearful headline across the front page and you read on wondering what all this could mean and what would happen in the months to come.
“Raccoon City – The mutilated body of forty-two-year-old Anna Mitaki was discovered late yesterday in an abandoned lot not far from her home in Northwest Raccoon City.” You never thought it could happen. Especially in a quiet town like yours. A dear friend of yours has been viscously murdered. She has been the forth victim of what people are now calling the “Cannibal Killers.” The reason for this is due to that all the victims found were partially eaten; the bite patterns apparently formed by human jaws. This report has now brought the mysterious killings up to seven.
“Raccoon Times, June 22, 1998
Horror In Raccoon! More Victims Dead” (You could only wonder what this means for the city.) “Raccoon City – The bodies of a young couple were found early Sunday morning in Victory Park, making Deanne Rusch and Christopher Smith the eight and ninth victims in the reign of violence that has terrorized the city since mid-May of this year.” As you read on you find out that these victims suffered the same wounds as the previous victims. All is quiet again for about another month due to the Raccoon Police enforcing a citywide curfew and barricading areas near where the murders took place. After that month of somewhat normalness you read the newspaper to find that something will be done to help out the city.
“Cityside, July 21, 1998
S.T.A.R.S. Special Tactics And Rescue Squad Sent To Save Raccoon City”
You think to yourself…thank God something is finally going to be done to put an end to this on going horror. “Police Chief Brian Irons announced yesterday that the S.T.A.R.S. will participate full-time in the search for the hikers and will also be working closely with the RPD until there is an end to the rash of murders and disappearances that are destroying the community.
Chief Irons, a former S.T.A.R.S. member himself, was asked in an exclusive telephone interview from Cityside about why the S.T.A.R.S. hadn’t been assigned to these cases until now, Chief Irons would only say that the S.
How to Cite this Page
"Resident Evil: The Umbrella Conspiracy." 123HelpMe.com. 17 Jul 2018
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction When the gameplay trailer of Resident Evil 5 (RE5) was released in October of 2007 it attracted a lot of media attention surrounding racism. There were both ‘for’ and ‘against’ the idea that RE5 is a racist game. Earl Ofari Hutchinson made himself know by saying that “RE5 is a very racist game” however there were other commentators such as Jim Sterling who made himself known by defending RE5 by saying “He laughs at the idea of RE5 is racist. The stereotypical characters and settings in the game caused a lot of controversy, and yet it was not withdrawn from the UK market.... [tags: setting, zombies, africa]
3327 words (9.5 pages)
- Resident Evil 3-Nemesis Bio Hazard 3-Last Escape --Faqs/Walkthrough--[by Rann Yong] Table of Contents ----------------- 01. Intro 02. What's New 03. Controls 04. Characters 05. Walkthrough I. September 28th, daylight... II. October 1st, night... 06. Secrets 07. Mecenaries Game 08. Rank/ Grade 09. Miscellaneous 10. About 11. Special Thanks 01. Intro --------- This is the first faq/ walkthrough I ever wrote, so please forgive me for not good in writting this faq. I must say that this game is harder than the previous series of Bio Hazard as the Boss (the one chasing you) in this episode is difficult to handle.... [tags: essays research papers]
7418 words (21.2 pages)
- Existents In Alfian Sa'at's Umbrella In the short story "Umbrella", the author Alfian Sa'at relates the tale of a young Malay Singaporean secondary school student, Hafiz. Alfian uses an older Hafiz as the narrator who recounts his experiences retaking his 'O' levels for the second time. Hafiz tells us about his relationship with Chris, a tuition teacher hired by his father to help him pass his examinations. I feel that "Umbrella" is essentially a story about the imposition of certain norms and standards on members of society.... [tags: Alfian Sa'at Umbrella Papers]
1984 words (5.7 pages)
- A rumor is a subject of propaganda whose veracity is not hurriedly or ever confirmed. It is an account of events that are of public concern and circulate from one person to another. The information circulating could be true or false. Rumors are the oldest form of media. Word of mouth was the only form of communication before the modern forms of communication were invented. With the new inventions, rumors have become even more specialized. However, there is little known about rumors, and it is a significant social phenomenon as it constitutes no man’s knowledge (Kapferer, 2011).... [tags: propaganda, conspiracy theory]
885 words (2.5 pages)
- Near the beginning of the story, Ellie is a foil to Joel’s counterpart: Tess. Tess is a cold woman who is all about business and can be seen as even more masculine than Joel. Ellie and Tess are together for about 15% of the game before Tess is bitten by the zombies, but in that time, Ellie develops the hardened personality such as Tess and is able to mature at an alarming rate. Joel is established to be the opposite of the male figure stereotype from the beginning of the game. When his daughter dies, Joel bursts out crying, showing his vulnerability immediately from the opening sequence.... [tags: Game, Video Games, Contrasts, Gender Roles]
949 words (2.7 pages)
- In the world today there are events that happen and have stories untold. On the rise are many different twists that come about from events happening. “63 percent of registered American voters believe in at least one political conspiracy theory according to a recent poll conducted by Fairleigh Dickinson University” (“Theories Prosper”). There are many different conspiracy theories in the world today including, included in the top ten lists of conspiracy theories is the Sandy Hook elementary shooting, the Boston Marathon bombings, as well as the September 11th terrorist attacks.... [tags: Conspiracy Theories]
2064 words (5.9 pages)
- In Jay Mock’s blog “Is Santa Claus a Conspiracy?” he contemplates whether Santa Claus has an evil purpose. Mock goes through what happens every year during Christmas time now and how “good feelings are directly connected to consumerism” (Mock p3), how we lie to support the conspiracy (Mock p5) and the different options a child may go through when trying to decide whether Santa Claus is real or not (Mock p7-15). Jay Mock is a conspiracy theorist. On his blog (http://riverjournal.com) he has ten pieces about conspiracy theories ranging anywhere from Santa Claus to Global Warming Cover-ups.... [tags: commercialism, christmas, evil]
843 words (2.4 pages)
- Conspiracy Theories Conspiracy theories, are they a bunch of made up old wives tales or are they reality as we know it. Well, first of all, let’s take a look at the definition of a “theory”. A “theory” or “theories” are analytical tools for understanding and explaining a given subject manner however, they aren’t always true, but they are generally expected to follow principles of rational thought or logic. Most conspiracy theories cause paranoia in certain people; it gives you the reality of this actually being true because they are published in books, written in large serious segments in websites etc.... [tags: Conspiracy Theories]
1055 words (3 pages)
- A Government Conspiracy To most a fairy tale, to some an interesting topic of discussion, however, to a small population, 5 % to be exact, Government conspiracy does exist. How, you might ask, do I intend to prove that indeed government conspiracy is real. I do not intend to prove it. In fact I only intend to inform you of its ever growing ploy of world domination, capitalism and control and open your mind to the idea that government conspiracy is out there. Throughout history as it is known to repeat itself, I will show facts that support this “theory” and dismiss the legendary lies we have been taught to believe through a system known as memetics.... [tags: Masonic Brotherhood Conspiracy]
1178 words (3.4 pages)
- One of the most controversial events ever to occur is still being talked about to this day. September 11th, 2001 will forever go down in history as one of the most tragic disasters to hit the United States of America. It was heartbreak for all of us to see those towers fall and thousands upon thousands of American lives destroyed. One might ask themselves; didn’t everything get explained a little too quickly. Why did everyone so quickly forget the details to this tragedy. The events of September 11th, 2001 are surely going to be remembered for its brutal truth and will always remind us of the hate that we as humans can create.... [tags: September 11th, 2001 Conspiracy]
1707 words (4.9 pages)
You now try to find more information on the current S.T.A.R.S. that are now helping out Raccoon City. You find out a little information on a few S.T.A.R.S. members:
S.T.A.R.S. Alpha Team:
Wesker has risen quickly inside the S.T.A.R.S. organization and currently leads the Alpha Team. Viewed by many as a "cool guy," from his snappy haircut to his perpetual shades, Wesker was recruited by a headhunter for his sharp insight and eventually founded the S.T.A.R.S. unit in Raccoon City.
After being kicked out of the Air Force, Chris became a drifter until he met Barry Burton. Barry recruited him for the newly formed S.T.A.R.S. Now Chris has been reassigned to a smaller unit at Raccoon City headquarters to prove himself quickly. Chris is a tough guy who possesses both a strong mentality and great vitality.
An intelligent soldier that has saved many S.T.A.R.S. members from danger in the past, Jill has been reassigned to Raccoon City just like Chris. She is excellent with special mechanical devices. Jill has strong moral convictions and fights for what she believes in. While she has a great capacity for holding items, her small vitality puts her at a disadvantage.
Chris Redfield's old friend and partner. Former SWAT team member, Barry maintains and supplies weapons for all S.T.A.R.S. members. He has over 16 years of experience, and has lead many projects to success. Barry is a trusted ally, but has had some trouble with his wife and 2 daughters recently. He may look or sound depressed at times.
Brad is a computer expert and excels in information gathering. Unfortunately, his fear of dying draws much heat from his fellow soldiers. His lack of enthusiasm for rushing into danger has earned him the nickname "Chickenheart." While Chris is a qualified pilot, Brad has become the helicopter pilot for Alpha Team.
Previous members of S.T.A.R.S. Bravo Team, and already stationed in Raccoon City, Joseph was recently promoted to serve as vehicle specialist for Alpha Team. Many of Bravo members of Bravo Team are jealous of his promotion, but he was moved up by Wesker himself. Joseph is young, enthusiastic and very curious.
S.T.A.R.S. Bravo Team:
Bravo Team's leader, and Wesker's second in command for the S.T.A.R.S. unit. Enrico feels threatened by the arrival of the Alpha Team, thinking that Chris or Barry may end up replacing him as #2 to Wesker. Nonetheless, Enrico is a dedicated S.T.A.R.S. operative and is always proud to lead the unit when Wesker lets him.
A very important member of S.T.A.R.S. serving as Bravo's communications expert. The only link back to headquarters for teams out in the field, Richard actually has to pull double duty as radioman for both units since Alpha Team has no trained operator, except for Jill (who has a knack for technology). A very positive person, Richard greets new members warmly.
Forest is a sniper in addition to his duties as Bravo's vehicle specialist. He is a consummate professional, and his work earns him great respect from the other members. He instantly clicks with Chris, and it seems they'll end up good teammates.
Kenneth J. Sulivan:
A quiet but very talented field scouting officer. Also is an expert in chemistry. He wonders why his chemical experience would be necessary in Raccoon City but quickly discounts his hesitancy since Wesker himself sought him to enlist in S.T.A.R.S.
The youngest member of the group, Rebecca has been recruited for her knowledge of field medicine and First Aid. She is nervous around other members, both because of her age and due to her lack of experience. Rebecca is eager to please and will take on any task assigned to her without hesitation.
So there you have it. Both of the S.T.A.R.S. teams that are now helping the RPD with these bizarre murder cases.
S.T.A.R.S Bravo has been sent into Raccoon Forest first to see what they can find, but soon after they inter the forest they experience technical problems with their helicopter and S.T.A.R.S. Alpha is forced to listen to their last radio transmissions from R.P.D. Headquarters. Soon after the crash the radio losses its signal and Alpha team plans quickly for a rescue mission. Captain Wesker has Chris and Berry start getting the ammo and weapons ready, Jill has been instructed to get the equipment (Kevlar Vests, radios, etc.) and has Brad Vickers prep the helicopter for a quick leave. Chris and Berry start checking the weapons to make sure they are in working order and start loading duffle bags and ammo boxes into the helicopter. Jill is in the locker room gathering the vests
and various other equipment but stops in her tracks as a mysterious figure talks to her in the shadows. He says that he is here to help, his name was Trent. He handed her a handheld computer and told her that it would come quite useful for the rescue mission. She hesitantly took the computer and put it into her vest pocket and he disappeared. She returned to the Heliport with Wesker looking displeased with her lateness due to Trent.
After they were in the air and flying over Raccoon Forest Berry sighted a flickering light and some smoke. They have found where the helicopter crashed. As they landed and headed over they noticed that no one was around, no bodies anywhere, but that wasn’t the weird part about it…the weird thing was that all their gear was still in the helicopter. They decided to search the surrounding area quickly but to no avail. Suddenly Joseph screamed and everyone came running over. They asked what it was and he picked up the gun with a severed human arm still clutching it. Soon a roar came from the darkness and a large beast attacked Joseph. It resembled a dog, which had been skinned. It was alive, but there was only muscle and bone attached to it. No one could get a clear shot to save Joseph but finally Chris saw his opening and shot the mutant dog 3-4 times into its chest cavity. Soon more roars came from the darkness and the Alpha team raced back to the helicopter where Brad kept the engine going. As they raced for the helicopter Chris could see the terrified look on Brad’s face and he started to leave without them. They all couldn’t believe that Brad would just leave them there to die in that forest with those mutant dogs.
As they raced through the forest Wesker told them to follow and head for that old mansion in the distance. The mansion was created by a man named Spencer. He was a rich man who loved his privacy. He created the entire floor plans for the mansion. He also included traps, secret walls and puzzles that way if anyone broke in they would have one hell of a time trying to get back out. Shortly after Spencer finished the mansion he disappeared. Some say that he just got lost in the passageways in the walls and slowly starved to death. Once in the mansion Chris thought that maybe some of the Bravo team made it this far and wanted to search for them. Wesker told him to check the Dining room and repot back in 5 minutes and to shoot if there was any trouble. Everyone would stay in the main room until Chris got back. The outside of the mansion looked boarded up like it was condemned, but the inside was beautiful. The main room was large and had a beautiful large staircase that led to the next floor. As Chris entered the Dining room he could only look in amazement at the marble floor, the humongous dining table, sculptures, a giant grandfather clock, the whole room could be sold for millions.
Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, so he decided to explore further. There was only one door that was in the dining room aside from the one he entered in so he decided to check it out. As he entered through the door he was standing in a small hallway. There were three doors to the right and to the left the hallway turned. Chris decided to try a door, the first one was locked and has a picture of a sword etched underneath it. Chris started to try
the next door and a familiar odor ran past his nose. He remembered one summer a animal was hit outside his house and no one came to dispose of it and finally when he did the animal had rotted a lot and the small of rotten flesh was what he smelled. He opened the door and heard a moaning sound in the shadows; he trained his gun on the patch of shadows that covered up the moaning figure. As the creature approached he found it weird because it didn’t make normal footsteps. There would be one solid step and a dragging sound as if it’s leg was dead. As it came out of the shadows and into the light Chris saw that this creature was human. Pieces if flesh were rotting on its body and its eyes were colorless like the soul was taken from its body. It approached with outstretched arms, the skin was rotten on its fingers and there were glimpses of bone showing from the body. Chris has seen a lot of horror movies in his day and realized that this thing wasn’t human…but the living dead…a zombie. Chris fired a couple rounds into its chest and it staggered back a couple steps, but still came coming. Chris trained his gun on the zombie and aimed. He fired a round right into the left eye of the creature and it collapsed to the floor. Chris went forward to examine it and it quickly twitched. Chris realized that this was a death spasm, where the body lets go of its last breath. Chris stared down at the once human creature and thought to himself…”What the hell have we gotten ourselves into?” and “That cant be the only one, I’ll bet anything that Bravo made it here and there are a lot more of these creature in this mansion. I don’t think we’ll make it out of here alive”
There is a lot more to the story, this was just a brief explanation of what is in store for the S.T.A.R.S. Alpha team. What lies behind the rest of the doors in this mansion? Who’s behind all of this? Will they make it out alive? Who is Trent and what does he have to do with this? Could someone be a traitor? Wesker did lead them to the mansion but why would he put his team in jeopardy? To find the answers to these question I suggest you read the book and discover the truth of how there creatures came to be and why this condemned mansion who no one has been known to live in for the past 20 years has seem to have been well taken care of in the inside.
This is an excellent book which I highly suggest reading. The second you start reading it will be hard to put down. You will always wonder “what’s going to happen next?” and say “just one more page then I’ll stop”, but you will be finding yourself coming back to the book soon to find out what happens to the S.T.A.R.S. Alpha team and what happened to the remaining Bravo team members.