Essay PreviewMore ↓
My mom ran down stairs, and I so did I so that I could be some kind of help for her. I had forgotten to wear the gloves and as I opened the oven I burnt my hand, and a lot of smoke came out of the oven. Instead of being any kind of help I was being much more trouble for my mom because she had to run off and get me medicine for my fingers. Now I would be unable to help my mom with anything for I was disabled, all I could do was open the windows of the kitchen so that the smoke would go away. The smoke that came out of the oven filled the kitchen and it smelled horrible, we had to wait for half an hour until some of the smoke had gone away. I tried helping my mom with some of the cooking but I really couldn’t do much. As I stood in the kitchen watching my mom preparing dinner, I got flashbacks of the dream that I had. I tried not thinking about it but it kept coming over and over. I thought of how the smoke came out of the oven, did all this mean anything? I began to get very worried and I really couldn’t do anything about it, all I could do was pray and hope that nothing would happen.
How to Cite this Page
"Plane Crash." 123HelpMe.com. 22 Jan 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Manchester United Plane Crash in 1958 Introduction: My talk is about the Manchester United Plane Crash in 1958 and about the people who died on the plane. Before the Crash: In the early 50’s, Manchester United built itself up under the watchful eye of Sir Matt Busby mainly through a successful youth training policy.... [tags: Papers]
689 words (2 pages)
- There is an old saying that any landing you can walk away from is a good landing. There is a lot of truth to this statement, especially if you are the one walking away. Here are the stories of two such landings that I am personally familiar with. Since they are both very similar in nature, they will be discussed simultaneously in the pages to follow. N9KF was a Model 1 Kitfox. It was built and flown by my father. The Kitfox is an experimental, homebuilt kit plane. Every plane, like every person, has a story.... [tags: physics airplane landing land]
1948 words (5.6 pages)
- I woke up with a loud scream which took over the silence that filled my room. My mom came running to my room just to check on me. It was a very unusual dream and I couldn’t remember anything of it. At that moment it seemed as if it was reality and I hated that awkward feeling that I kept getting. The shirt that I was wearing was stuck to my body and my face had turned all red. I got up to wash up telling my mom that I would be ok. As I opened the door to my room I could smell something burning, and it seemed like my mom had forgotten the brownies in the oven.... [tags: essays research papers]
611 words (1.7 pages)
- William Golding’s novel Lord of the Flies describes the story of a group of boys stranded on an island after a plane crash. While not clear, the time frame can be inferred to be either during the World War II time period, or set in the future with a war that Golding believes is going to come. It might be hard to conclude either time period, seeing as there is a lack of battles mentioned, as well as no technology to signify the difference between eras, but the one thing the boys do have on this island, are their minds.... [tags: ralph, piggy, plane crash]
547 words (1.6 pages)
- ... He awakens in others and he urges of violence. And he manipulates others of terror, by establishing ritual and beliefs. It symbolizes the brutality, tyranny. Piggy, the intellectual to the ungrateful physical and makes asthma heckled for his weakness but respected for intelligence and usefulness. His glasses that symbolize knowledge have enabled the group to have fire, essential for survival. He is the guarantor of the values of the civilization. He knows think, analyses the situation is Seer.... [tags: plane crash, stereotype, brutal, monster]
1527 words (4.4 pages)
- A major plane crash can change hundreds of lives. If the U.S. government was not monitoring airport security, not checking bags and or passengers, then it would have allowed many dangerous people to board an airplane. The 21st century is on high alert for passenger safety because if a terrorist boards a plane it can truly be a devastating situation. Airport security is important for the safety of passengers. Risks are associated with flying; in order to assure safety, passengers need to receive full body screening.... [tags: plane crash, airport security, tsa]
725 words (2.1 pages)
- Society The novel Lord of the Flies by William Golding is about a group of boys that were on a plane crash in the 1940’s in a nuclear War. The plane is shot down and lands on a tropical island. Some boys try to function as a whole group but see obstacles as time goes on. The novel is about civilization and social order. There are three older boys, Ralph, Jack, and Piggy, that have an effect on the group of younger boys. The Main character Ralph, changes throughout the novel because of his role of leadership and responsibility, which shapes him into a more strict but caring character as the group becomes more uncivilized and savage At the beginning of the story, after the plane had crashed... [tags: plane, survive, crash]
596 words (1.7 pages)
- ... "What the Hell. What happened?" exclaimes Josh "I don't know. We just lost oil pressure and the controls are locked up!" "It looks like there is a piece of metal stuck in the engine and the flaps are not moving when the controls move." "We are losing altitude fast it looks like we are going to have to crash land in the ocean." " Attention all passengers as you can tell one of our engines are gone and we are losing altitude, prepare for impact." As the plane nears the middle of the Indian Ocean the co-pilot notices is looks somewhat shallow.... [tags: pilot, flight, island, plane, engines]
2695 words (7.7 pages)
- ... Even worse the PNF was not aware the PF was pulling the nose up causing a stall. This has caused the industry to review both pilot training and the inability due to the design of the side stick controller on Airbus aircraft for the PNF to see what input the PF is commanding the aircraft to do (BEA 174). The inability of the PNF not to know the position of the control input is something that cannot happen on a Boeing aircraft since while they are now fly by wire starting with the 777 they retained the control yoke the position of which is visible to everyone in the cockpit.... [tags: air safety, crash location technologies]
1225 words (3.5 pages)
- Introduction Being involved in an airplane accident is a nightmare scenario for any air travelers, crew and pilots alike. Statistically air travel is among the safest means of transport, but at the same time it is also associated with sporadic accidents that have proven to be extremely terrifying ordeals for all those involved due to a vast array of reasons. The causes of these accidents are of varying nature and depend on some problems that are originated during some stage of the flight process.... [tags: Statistics, Location, Error]
620 words (1.8 pages)
My aunt had never been to Saudi and this would be her first time to our new house. My mom could not stop talking about how much she had missed her and that they would finally reunite once more. My mom went on saying that the distance had separated them only physically and not mentally. What my mom had been telling me got me even more worried, it got me thinking again of what had happened earlier this morning and this weird feeling just kept coming again and again as if it was some kind of message. There must have been a reason for all this to happen. Should I tell my mom about all this or should I just keep it to myself.
My dad came back from work at 7 30 and my mom was rushing him with everything, it was obvious that she didn’t want to be late just incase the plane arrives earlier. We headed to the airport at around 8, for the plane was supposed to land at 8 30. As we got to the airport the electronic board said that the plane’s arrival was delayed. Was that another sign or was it just normal for a plane to be delayed?