Essay PreviewMore ↓
Pets 911 knows that every community has pets in need. We offer a free network of animal rescue organizations and services across the country.
Pets 911 is becoming an answer for not only the public, but also the pet animal welfare group community on how we in this country can all take part in saving those 5 million animals every year. Pet adoptions, animal shelters, help to find lost dogs and services to find lost cats - Pets 911 for all your pet adoption information - Thousands of homeless dogs, abandoned cats and other animals available for adoption. Have you lost or found a pet?
Animal Charity information is one of the fine things we offer at Pets911.com. We also provide information on cat charity events, pet charity promotions, and dog charity walks.
The Pets911 fights for animal welfare in the UK and throughout the world – campaigning on a variety of issues.
Every year more than 4,000 dogs are used in experiments in the UK. In most cases they are used in the development and safety testing of new pharmaceuticals (medicines and vaccines), for both humans and dogs.
Humans have a special relationship with dogs and a responsibility to safeguard their welfare in every situation.
The PETS911 is committed to campaigning for humane alternatives and challenging the need for the use of dogs in research and testing.
However, while dogs continue to be used in research we believe every possible effort must be made to reduce the numbers used and prevent suffering throughout their short lives. Our particular concerns are :
• the distress, pain and suffering caused by procedures, e.g. the chemicals can make the dogs sick and surgery can cause pain.
• the unsuitable conditions in which the dogs live, e.g. lack of space, stimulation, and socialization with other dogs and people.
• the loss of life – the dogs are eventually killed either to alleviate suffering, or for post-mortem analysis of their tissues and organs.
What is the PETS911 doing?
• Challenging dog use: The PETS911 believes there is nowhere near enough commitment to challenging the need to use dogs or to developing alternative approaches to safety testing. We work with other organizations such as the Fund for the Replacement of Animals in Medical Experiments (FRAME) and support the work of the European Centre for the Validation of Alternative Methods (ECVAM) to encourage the development and use of alternatives.
• Reducing the number of dogs used in pharmaceutical safety testing: More dogs are used in pharmaceutical safety testing than for any other purpose, so it is essential to find ways of replacing dogs and reducing their use.
How to Cite this Page
"pets 911." 123HelpMe.com. 20 Oct 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Pets can be very both physically and emotionally beneficial to their owners. Living with and caring for them can also be a great experience and very entertaining. Even browsing YouTube, thousands of pet owners record their little friend's amusing tricks and humorous incidents to share with the world. Although these videos or pictures can encourage your desire for a similar companion, many details to keeping an animal of that sort may not be evident. There is a huge variety of species available, from tarantulas to munchkin cats, with many ways to obtain them, but not everyone can handle a giant arachnid or endure changing kitty litter.... [tags: Pets]
919 words (2.6 pages)
- Parents often wonder what makes a good first pet. Hamsters are often the first choice while its close relative the guinea pig is often overlooked. While both creatures are loveable, the bigger guinea pig makes a better pet for children. At a pet store the guinea pig will cost roughly three times as much as a hamster. If cost is a large concern, pigs and hamsters alike can be adopted for little to no cost and sometimes come with free cages. Naturally, the guinea pig as the larger rodent will need a bigger cage; however, after putting all sorts of tubes on a hamster cage they will take up about the same amount of space and the hamster cage could end up costing a bit more than that of the pig’... [tags: Pets]
606 words (1.7 pages)
- Simin Ling Professor Taylor Harrison Rhetoric 105 23 April 2016 Raising pets helps kids to be considerate Have you ever had a pet. As we know, more and more families have pets in their homes nowadays regardless of which country. Data showed an estimated 82.5 million U.S. households own at least one pet in their home. The American Pet Products Association, which is also called APPA, claimed that pet ownership by household in the U.S. has risen from just 56% in 1988, when the first APPA National Pet Owners Survey was conducted, to 68% as of 2013-2014.... [tags: Dog, Pet, Pets, Ownership]
1160 words (3.3 pages)
- Problem Statement Overpopulation of pets is growing in the US by the numbers each day. Current Situation According to the article “Pet Statistics” by the ASPCA estimates there are 70-80 million dogs and 74-96 million cats owned in the United States. It is impossible to determine the number of stray dogs and cats, but the ASPCA estimates there are 70 million cats alone that are strays in the US (“Pet Statistics”). The overpopulation of dogs and cats live either on the streets and die each day, they live in a shelter and try to get adopted, but even then they die.... [tags: Dog, Pet, Pets, Pet adoption]
1281 words (3.7 pages)
- ... They are just a nuisance and they deserve to die anyway. Just think about how much food we will have once we start killing these animals. We won’t even have to tell everyone that they are eating cats and dogs if they don’t want. You could add some nice seasoning and cook them just long enough till the meat is tender and they will never be able to tell the difference. So many people will love the way they food taste business will be rich due to all the people wanting this food. Then for all those people who have pets they won’t have to take care of them anymore.... [tags: household, pets, saving, enjoyment, die]
588 words (1.7 pages)
- Would you like to live a happy and productive life. Then get pets. I must admit it is hard to believe that domesticated animals can promote mental and physical health, but many studies have shown that they can. People who own pets have been known to lead longer and happier lives than those without them. As we get older, we become less active. The more inactive we become, the higher our risk of death. We therefore need something in our lives to keep us busy so we don’t die prematurely, and a pet is just the thing to do it.... [tags: Pets Animals]
444 words (1.3 pages)
- “Next Generation 911 (NG911) will enhance the 911 system to create a faster, more flexible, resilient, and scalable system that allows 911 to keep up with communication technology used by the public” (911.gov, n.d.). As previously quoted, 70 percent of the nation’s population is using mobile devices that are not compatible with current 911 standards. The NG911 policy is a compilation of ideas, research, framework information on NG911 systems, committees and organization established to assist PSAPs, as well as, suggested protocols for implementation and continued usage of a Next Generation 911 system.... [tags: Text messaging, Mobile phone, SMS]
1864 words (5.3 pages)
- Most people believe that watching television is a relaxing experience where you are able to relieve the stress from everyday life; however, viewers of reality television shows often gain more stress than they had before. A perfect example of this is nanny-to-the-rescue reality television shows such as Nanny 911. The reality television show Nanny 911 consists of a group of three nannies, Nanny Yvonne, Nanny Debra, and Nanny Stella, who are chosen for their area of expertise to go help disorderly families in the span of a week.... [tags: Reality TV Show, Parenting]
1065 words (3 pages)
- PORSCHE 911 ROAD CARS Porsche 911 Road Cars is about model 911 cars and the history of them. The book explains who invented Porsche, how they modeled them, how the price changed over the years, how they designed the engines, and all about the speeds and racing ability. The two most interesting things I have learned about in this book concern Porsche’s characteristics; for example, how the engine for the 901 Porsche was designed and where it was placed in the car. The engine instead of being placed in the front end like most cars is placed in the back end of the car to make it a rear drive instead of a front-end drive vehicle.... [tags: essays research papers]
491 words (1.4 pages)
- Would you like to live a happy and productive life. Then get pets. I must admit it is hard to believe that domesticated animals can promote mental and physical health, but many studies have shown that they can. On the other hand, you must find a pet that is compatible with you or with your life style. Maintaining good mental health is crucial for living a "normal" life. Many psychiatrists have found that patients with anger management problems can be calmer with a pet around the house.... [tags: essays research papers]
535 words (1.5 pages)
• Improving standards of housing and care: Dogs need a varied and stimulating environment - poor housing can cause distress and suffering. We have set up an expert working group to define and promote higher standards in the UK and abroad for the care of dogs in research establishments.
• Rehoming more dogs: Animals should not be routinely killed when they are no longer needed. We are taking a leading role in rehoming laboratory dogs as companions and have already rehomed some through a pilot study with a pharmaceutical company.
If you need to contact the PETS911 to report an act of cruelty, neglect or concern about the welfare of an animal, call the PETS911's 24-hour national cruelty and advice line on 0870 55 55 999. Please do not use this website to report cruelty as our enquiries desk is only manned during office hours.
What are the benefits of registration?
Not only will you be able to support the PETS911's online campaigns and receive regular PETS911 campaign e-mails containing the latest news and action points, but you will also be able to submit new enquiries online at any time and view any previous enquiries, together with our replies. Plus, should the nature of your enquiry require us to send you some pre-printed literature, your postal address will be readily available to us.
Telephone: 0870 33 35 999 (or +44 870 33 35 999 for calls from outside the UK). The enquiries service is open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, when your call may be monitored or recorded for training purposes.
Fax: 0870 75 30 284 (or +44 870 75 30 284 from outside the UK) to the enquiries service at PETS911 headquarters.
Post: Write to Enquiries service, PETS911, Wilberforce Way, Southwater, Horsham, West Sussex RH13 9RS. We ask that specific requests for leaflets are made in writing, accompanied by two first class stamps to cover postage.