Essay PreviewMore ↓
I was about to leave my algebra class one day when the teacher asked me
a question. "Could you do help me out with my rollbook program?" he asked. "Sure,
how can I help?" I replied. "I'm not sure about how to save back-up copies of my
work. Could you show me how?" he said.
At this moment, I realized the scope of his question. I would be able to
acess the grades for all of his classes. "Ok, Where are your disks?" I answered.
"Right here. I really appreciate this." he said. I began to show him how to copy
files from one disk to another. He thanked me and sent me on my way.
A few days later he asked me to show him how to do it again, because he
forgot. When I began to demonstrate this to him, several of the other students
noticed and began to talk quietly amongst themselves. Later that day, at lunch
time, I was approached by some of the other students in my class.
"Hey, could you help us change our grades in algebra?" They asked. "I
dont know... I might get caught..." I answered reluctantly. "Aww... come on....
what are you, chicken?" they taunted. "We'll pay you...."
At that moment I began to think. I could not believe what I was hearing.
I could get paid for something very simple. "Alright. I'll do it. What were your
last names again?" I said.
The next day my algebra teacher got me to help him out with his rollbook
program. When he was not paying attention, I began to change their grades from
F's to A's. Later on that day one of studens approached me.
"Hey, did you do it?" he asked. "Yes, and I expect to be paid in full."
I replied. "Dope!!! alright, Here's my money. I'll get the others to pay you
next time they see you."
I began to become very popular among my peers. They began to treat me
like a god with a magical power. I began to change the grades of students in my
teachers other classes. Word spread quickly and I became very rich.
Everything was going fine until I was called into the Dean's offfice.
When I got there, my teacher was very furious, and the Dean had a angry look in
his eyes. "I have known you for 3 years now. I don't want to believe what your
teacher says, but Im afraid that I must. He has too much evidence." he said.
How to Cite this Page
"Personal Writing: Changing Grades And The Consequences." 123HelpMe.com. 19 Jan 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Purpose and Audience Personal narratives allow you to share your life with others and vicariously experience the things that happen around you. Your job as a writer is to put the reader in the midst of the action letting him or her live through an experience. Although a great deal of writing has a thesis, stories are different. A good story creates a dramatic effect, makes us laugh, gives us pleasurable fright, and/or gets us on the edge of our seats. A story has done its job if we can say, "Yes, that captures what living with my father feels like," or "Yes, that’s what being cut from the football team felt like." Structure There are a variety of ways to structure your narrative story.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
473 words (1.4 pages)
- Growing up I counted myself as one of the lucky few in the world where the act of reading and writing was not only encouraged but was a passion of many historical figures like Martin Luther King Jr., Fredrick Douglas Langston Hughes, and Emily Dickenson and many other trailblazers and patriots of history who became great minds by not just accepting their circumstances but doing something to make life better not only for themselves but the people around them.... [tags: information, grades]
789 words (2.3 pages)
- I’ve always disliked goodbyes. Keeping in touch with people has been a strong suit, kind of a necessity in my life. That being said, moving five times throughout my adolescence made connections and transitions difficult. As a child, I never truly understood what it meant to pick up and leave everything one knew behind— I thought moving was just like a vacation, where I would still be able to come back and see everyone. Having to comply with everything my parents did or said taught me how to value familial bonds, and as I grew older led me to value relationships amongst others.... [tags: Personal life, Life, Lifestyle]
914 words (2.6 pages)
- For my essay I chose to interview my neighbor Kyle to learn more about his personal writing system he has been creating. I learned a lot more than I had been anticipating and could say that I received an eye opening from the way he discussed his passion. He opened my eyes in two ways. One, to how I viewed his passion and two, how I view my own passions. Now let me get a little more in depth on the real effects of these two things. Originally, I figured learning about the writing system would be interesting.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Linguistics, Subject]
721 words (2.1 pages)
- Personal writing Statement This semester in English 102 has been a great learning experience for me as a student. With each writing project I have grown as a writer learning new was of conducting and structuring an essay with MLA, or APA. Also this class has taught me how to create new works research writing from one original writing assignment, which I thought to be very helpful and interesting to learn rather than writing a whole new paper. English 102 was also a great experience with sentence structure and grammar which was another area of writing that I believe I have excelled in.... [tags: Learning, Writing, Psychology]
831 words (2.4 pages)
- I feel as my writing has gotten a lot better over this semester, my papers has gotten longer as the essay have got have been more fun and I 've learned to just sit down and go for it. It was very hard at the beginning of class to sit down and write it took me a very long time to get going with my writing and think of what to do or where to go with it. I believe my best writing was my 2nd paper of the semester “research paper”. I believe it showcased all the skills I learned through the semester.... [tags: Writing, Paper, Essay, Mind]
701 words (2 pages)
- I was a difficult child in school. ESPECIALLY in middle school. I felt that I knew more than the teachers and no one was worth listening to because they didn’t know what they were talking about. I did. I went to summer school every year in middle school and a part of me felt I was cool for doing so. To say I was a dumb teenager is a major understatement. Now that I am mature I look back at myself with regret and honestly with a little disgust. Having the experience and the mindset I did in middle school is the reason I want to teach those grades.... [tags: Writing, Education, Want, Teacher]
1230 words (3.5 pages)
- Private Versus Public Education Many struggling parents wish they could send their children to private schools essentially from kindergarten through the twelfth grade. And so my question is: What is the real worth of a private education. According to a statement from the U.S. Department of Education posted by College Smart, private school students generally perform higher than their public school counterparts on standardized achievement tests. As a product of public elementary and high school education, I am currently seeing some of the struggles that public school students face after high school graduation when they enter college.... [tags: Personal Narrative School Essays]
1061 words (3 pages)
- My Writing In the past four years, I have written many papers for various classes, enjoying some and others having to choke out words to write down. In this memo I will describe my writing projects and how they made me become a better writer, and how they will continue to help develop me into a becoming a more prosperous writer. What I Really Learned in English 100 Well as a recent pupil of the Great McFadden I want to do all that I can to be on his good side, for he said that if I go one mile to meet him, he will go two miles to meet me, which seems more that fair.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
913 words (2.6 pages)
- Writing Mountains are tall. If you are stupid enough to jump off one you fall fast and you land hard. The five-paragraph theme is my mountain and I have just jumped right off it. There don't seem to be any outcroppings to grab for, and my assignment is to discuss my cliff as I continue to drop from it. So I will not grab. I will let myself fall, and hope for pillows at the end. I feel lost without my introduction to conclusion formula started at the beginning of this paper. Why do I have to do this assignment.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing Education Essays]
1132 words (3.2 pages)
"Evidence of what?" I replied, trying to play innocent. "You know perfectly well
what Im talking about. Do you have anything to say for yourself?" He asked.
"No." I said finally.
"Im afraid I have no choice but to suspend you for the rest of the day.
Tommorow we'll have a conferance with your parents to dissuss your punnishment,
which will probably be expulsion. I hope you now realize the ramifications of
what you have done."
When he said this, I did not realize how serious my actions had been. I
had violated the trust of my teacher, and the dean. And there was no way back.
I was expelled from my school and transfered to another local high
school. I hope that I actually learned my lesson.