Essay PreviewMore ↓
Hi, my name is Rob Geis and I am currently in grade 12. I have been at County High School for a year now; I joined at the start of 11th grade, and have thoroughly enjoyed myself here. The school is great, the people are fantastic and the atmosphere is one that makes you actually want to go to school. Before I joined ASB I was studying at the Singapore American School for two years and prior to that I was at the International School of Kuala Lumpur for two years. I was born and raised here in Bombay city and grew up here.
I am an interesting, fun loving guy with a good sense of humor. One thing about me that is important to know though is that at first I come of as a very shy individualistic guy but once I get to know people and are comfortable with my environment I am great. It is hard for me to make friends but once I make them, it’s great and I am all different. I joke, laugh and humor people and I also get as much as I give. I am a very kind, compassionate, sensitive guy as my close friends will tell you. I have a tough shell but on the inside I am soft. I am also a very principled person and stand strong on what is right and wrong. I am also a very straight and honest person. I understand and know that we all put on a show sometimes and do not show who we really are or what we feel but some people do this constantly and those kinds of people I cannot stand.
Academically I am a student who likes to be mentally challenged and I enjoy both hands on projects as well as conventional learning. I am an enthusiastic drama student and I love to act. I also enjoy math and economics. Last year I had many different types of roles in both small and large productions at ASB. I enjoy TOK class as it is often different from other classes but yet as meaningful. It provides you with great insight on many things one does not normally think about.
How to Cite this Page
"Essay About Myself." 123HelpMe.com. 25 Feb 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The point the author, Russell Baker, is making in his essay, “Writing for Myself,” is quite evident. When Mr. Fleagle, Baker’s English teacher, assigned an informal essay to be completed as homework, Baker immediately became baffled by the daunting task. Though reluctant to start, Baker knew that it he had to swallow his animosity toward writing and select a topic to write on. The problem with this picture is quite evident. Baker is taking the assignment from Mr. Fleagle as a burden instead of an opportunity to express his creativity.... [tags: Writing for Myself ]
328 words (0.9 pages)
- A common goal for many writers is to connect with their audience. In my previous essay for this class, my goal was to invite the reader into the magical world of Disney. Unfortunately, due to my lack of preparation, the invitation to the reader was lost. I also was unable to place myself into the viewpoint of the reader making me ineffective in connecting with the audience. For an essay to be effective in conveying a message to the reader it is imperative to always draft an organized outline and to put the author at the same point of view as the reader to avoid any confusion.... [tags: Essay About Myself]
1028 words (2.9 pages)
- Individuality in Whitman's Song of Myself During a lecture in 1907, William James said "the philosophy which is so important in each of us is not a technical matter; it is our more or less dumb sense of what life honestly means. It is only partly got from books; it is our individual way of just seeing and feeling the total push and pressure of the cosmos" (Bartlett 546) Individuality has been a prevalent theme in every type of literature for quite some time. Whether it is a character discovering his/her individuality or the author expressing his, literature is full of distinctness.... [tags: Song of Myself Essays]
1259 words (3.6 pages)
- I don’t consider myself a very good writer. I write when I am made to or when I have something that I need to say that I can’t just tell someone. I keep a diary. Usually my diary is just a record of what I have done that day. It’s not so much about my feelings. I don’t really like talking about my feelings, usually because most of the time I am confused about what exactly I am feeling. I tend to keep the feelings that I do have to myself, to protect myself from getting hurt. I didn’t have that many close friends in high school.... [tags: Essay About Myself]
1291 words (3.7 pages)
- I am not, by any means, a Shakespeare, Stephen King, or John Grisham. It would take enormous amounts of time, practice, and effort to be considered a long shot at a Pulitzer Prize. Yet, I intend to progress my writing by setting more achievable goals, building on new ideas, and developing new skills. Also, I will use the advice of instructors and peers, and draw from previous writing experiences to mold this and future writing experiences. When I sit down to write, I must do so in a clean, well-organized, and well-lit area.... [tags: Free Essay About Myself]
501 words (1.4 pages)
- Walt Whitman's Song of Myself This paper deals with Walt Whitman's "Song of Myself" in relation to Julia Kristeva's theories of abjection--my paper does not point to abjection in the text, but rather the significance of the abscence of abjection. This abscence, looming and revolting, arises from Whitman's attemt to refigure a conception of sublimity which delimits the material which can trigger the sublime moment. Whitman's democracy of the sublime is inclusive of those figures on the American landscape, their lives and voices, which are functionalized into his world.... [tags: Song of Myself Essays]
3626 words (10.4 pages)
- Sometimes mankind has to ask the question ‘what is it that makes up the actions and determines the type of interaction that we display when around other people?' Notes to Myself is the contemporary world's way of questioning the value of putting on facades. The novel also questions things we know as ‘ trivial' such as watching a cat sleep on our belly or staring at clouds in the sky. The author used an interesting form for writing his collection, omitting page numbers and leaving no indication as to what subject the reader should expect to be encountering upon reading sections.... [tags: Notes to Myself Essays]
399 words (1.1 pages)
- Walt Whitman's "Song of Myself" Walt Whitman's 'Song of Myself' is, on the most basic descriptive level, a really long poem. Whitman is clearly a poet with a lot to say, or at least with a lot of different ways to say it. He meanders from the micro to the macro, from atoms to the whole earth. There are obviously myriad ways to explain what the poem is about, and myriad 'keys' to its true meaning. In what became Section 6 of the final edition (lines 90-121 of the 1855 edition ) Whitman himself addresses this sort of 'meta-question' of interpretation.... [tags: Song of Myself Essays]
1767 words (5 pages)
- School, to me and among many peers of my age, is not a distant term. I have spent one-third of my life time sitting in classrooms, every week since I was seven years old. After spending this much time in school, many things and experiences that happened there have left their mark in my memory. Some are small incidences while some have had a great impact on me. However, regardless the degree of significance, things that happened all contributed to shape the person that I am now. I was accused of cheating for the first time when I was seven years old.... [tags: Essay About Myself]
1735 words (5 pages)
- Sometimes a person may feel that they have no purpose in life. Finding out who you are just takes the time of sitting down and thinking of the importance in your life. Who am I. I am Mercedes Kimberly Kingston, and I am a person with different personalities, characteristics, and identities. The many ways, in which I identify myself, in fact, are the ways that define who I am. My Identity is something only I can fully define. I have a little brother, which makes me a sister; I have two loving parents, which makes me a daughter; I am in college studying medicine, which makes me a student; and I have wonderful friends in desperate need of support, which makes me a wonderful best... [tags: Essay About Myself]
1106 words (3.2 pages)
Though the past year had been a tough one for me emotionally as I lost both my grand-mother and father, ASB was very accommodating and helpful though I had only been there a month when this happened. I hope you enjoy ASB as much as I have and hope to keep doing so. Bombay is a great city (little boring sometimes) but ASB is always awesome. I hope to get to know you better through the course of TOK.