Essay PreviewMore ↓
There are two floor girls to an average party. Once the party starts, one girl stands by the door, greets the guests, and takes the shoes, jacket, and gifts of the guests. Then gives the children a nametag. The other floor girl stands on the mats and keeps the children who have already arrived, under control. About fifteen minutes into the party, we start with some games. Usually hot potato, limbo, and musical chairs. By this time the pizza should have arrived. We then serve the adults and children their food and a beverage. When everyone is finished eating, one girl cleans off the tables while the other girl plays freeze dance. Everyone who plays wins a prize. After freeze dance, the character of choice will come out and perform three dances with the children. The character then sings happy birthday and leaves while the girls serve the cake. The girls then have about fifteen minutes to play another game, usually potato sack races, and start cleaning for the next party.
“It is not a hard job, but organization skills are very important in throwing a smooth flowing party.” quotes Christina Messina, a hostess at Kid Zone. This is necessary because you have a set amount of things that have to be done in a certain amount of time.
Also I believe patience is another quality you must possess to do this job. Patience according to the Webster’s Dictionary is defined as demonstrating uncomplaining endurance under distress. You have to be very patient. Working with loud, out of control children all day can be very stressful. You have to deal with children not listening to the rules, fighting, climbing on ropes and walls, throwing toys and balls from the ball pit. When you are dressed up as a character, the pull your tail or your ears, try to unzip the back of the costume, and even try to pull your head off. Sometimes this can be very annoying, but you have to keep your self-control under all circumstances.
Enthusiasm is another quality that one must obtain. You are constantly on your feet all day. Not only are you just on your feet, but you are running around, playing with children, while trying to make sure all the adults have everything they need.
How to Cite this Page
"My job at Kid Zone." 123HelpMe.com. 29 Feb 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- O'Brien, Tim. If I Die in a Combat Zone. New York: Broadway Books, 1975. Tim O'Brien is confused about the Vietnam War. He is getting drafted into it, but is also protesting it. He gets to boot camp and finds it very difficult to know that he is going off to a country far away from home and fighting a war that he didn't believe was morally right. Before O'Brien gets to Vietnam he visits a military Chaplin about his problem with the war. "O'Brien I am really surprised to hear this. You're a good kid but you are betraying you country when you say these things"(60).... [tags: Tim O'Brien Analysis ]
982 words (2.8 pages)
- I call it ‘the work of my dreams’ for a reason. Like many people, I dream about having a decent future, the kind of work that will turn me on for a lifetime. I have been a big fan of the career, Physical Therapy. Physical Therapist plan, prepare, and carry out individually designed programs of physical treatments to maintain, improve, restore physical functioning, alleviate pain, or prevent physical dysfunction. Although it’s easy as it sounds, it needs a graduate degree to get there, and the studies are intense.... [tags: bachelor, college, job market]
963 words (2.8 pages)
- New and exciting technologies have always played a huge role in the culture of American people. When the motion picture came out it was no surprise that both consumers and producers were more than happy to get in on the action. Back in the 1920’s film was still pretty new and was only in black and white with no sound, but the films were always accompanied by orchestral pieces to help set the mood. The art of movie-making has come a long way since then with the addition of not only color and audio, but new techniques and new ideas.... [tags: Kid, Iron Jawed Angels,]
1321 words (3.8 pages)
- “The Contact Zone”, is defined by Mary Louis Pratt as “the space in which transculturation takes place – where two different cultures meet and inform each other, often in highly asymmetrical ways.” Pratt describes what she calls ‘contact zones’ and elaborates on the pros and cons of these cultural interactions. She sees the contact zone as a place that allows people to exchange cultural ideas and break down the dividing cultural borders. When a contact zone is started, people are able to interact on new levels gaining a new perspective because they are able to collaborate with people from foreign cultures.... [tags: contact zone, transculturation, mary pratt]
998 words (2.9 pages)
- Job Analysis Prior to any job being created, an analysis must be conducted. Thus, the completion of this analysis will provide the employer and employees with the significant aspects that are attributed to the creation of the respective job. Some of the significant aspects that the analysis would include are, but not limited, the essential functions (tasks) of the job, to the tools and resources required to perform the job, and its working conditions. All in all, this job analysis’ goal is to elucidate the ideal candidate for the job from the employer’s perspective through the two criteria: job description and person (job) specification.... [tags: Employment, Recruitment, Job description]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- Job Analysis: Appraisal The job analysis is a source used to heighten an organizations understanding and improve performances. It is a critical piece of information that can reveal hidden truths about an employer and their employees’. Although, some people or organizations challenge the process, it is needed to maintain structure and order. The job analysis not only provides stability, but direction and knowledge of the employees’ position in an organization, which can make performances easier to achieve.... [tags: Employment, Recruitment, Job interview]
1504 words (4.3 pages)
- The Perception of Violence in Michael Ondaatje's The Collected Works of Billy the Kid A question that arises in almost any medium of art, be it music, film or literature, is whether or not the depiction of violence is merely gratuitous or whether it is a legitimate artistic expression. There can be no doubt that Michael Ondaatje's long poem The Collected Works of Billy the Kid is a violent work, but certain factors should be kept in mind before passing it off as an attempt to shock and titillate; certainly, the poem does both of these, but they are not the primary purpose of the work.... [tags: Collected Works Billy Kid]
2721 words (7.8 pages)
- Analysis of The Hot Zone by Robert Preston The Hot Zone written by Robert Preston is a true story describing twenty-three years of shocking and frightening outbreaks of three deadly, incurable filoviruses: Marburg, Ebola Sudan, and Ebola Zaire. In the book, these highly infectious viruses sweep through Africa with a horrifying and devastating range of effects, killing 50% to 90% of their victims. The filoviruses did not remain in the rain forest of central Africa; they also appeared on the other side of the world in the Reston Primate Quarantine Unit in Reston, Virginia.... [tags: Hot Zone Robert Preston Viruses Essays]
846 words (2.4 pages)
- Arts of the Contact Zone by Mary Louise Pratt The Arts of the Contact Zone by Mary Louise Pratt opened up a whole new concept for our class. The new term “contact zone” appeared and Pratt defined it as "social spaces where cultures meet, clash, and grapple with each other, often in contexts of highly asymmetrical relations of power, such as colonialism, slavery, or their aftermaths as they are lived out in many parts of the world today." The idea of the contact zone is intended in part to contrast with ideas of community that trigger much of the thinking about language, communication, and culture.... [tags: Arts of the Contact Zone Mary Louise Pratt]
571 words (1.6 pages)
- This research was conducted to assess the relationship between selected demographics, job mastery, and job satisfaction. A total 6,902 participants were gathered from the telephone and Internet provider BellSouth. A significant relationship was found between age and job satisfaction. Job satisfaction was also significantly correlated with years spent with the company. Significant differences were found between gender and job satisfaction, as well as level of education and job satisfaction. These findings suggest that as age and years spent with the company increase job satisfaction also increases and job satisfaction may depend upon the level of education of the employee.... [tags: Job Mastery, Job Control]
1152 words (3.3 pages)
I have decided for my accomplishment project, I would like to become a hostess. I feel that it would be less stressful, and the pay would be better. This would benefit me because I would be making more money, and maybe not dread going to work as much. I feel this would also benefit my boss because the girls that work for him are his business. The better we are at our job, the more business he will get. I am a hard worker, and I would do my best to make every party better then the last.
Another way this would benefit me are the hours I would be working. When you are a hostess, you have to come in one hour earlier because you have to set up for the party. Setting up includes making cotton candy, popcorn, putting the chairs down, putting the paper goods out, and getting the beverages prepared. Also there are not as many hostesses as there are floor girls; therefore, you will work more parties. Even when there is not a party, you can be put on the schedule to come in and answer the phones and book parties.
Lastly, if I accomplish my goal in becoming a hostess, I would have more authority. I like to be my own boss, and I feel I would help better Kid Zone.
This accomplishment is important to me because right now I need the money. I need to pay for my monthly car payments. Also when I have a set goal and I reach it, it makes me feel good. If I do accomplish this goal, I hope my boss will benefit from it. I am a hard worker, and I would like to prove it to my boss.
To accomplish this goal there are many things that have to be done. One of the first things I have to do is show my boss that I am reliable. Not only do I come to work on time, but also when I can I come in early to help the hostess. I do this to get ahead, and see what the hostess has to do so if I become one, the training would not be that long.
I also have to prove to my boss I can be trusted. When working the parties as a hostess, you take care of the bill with the parents of the party. Some parties can be very costly, and my boss would have to trust me with the money.
I called another children’s party place called Kids Connection. They explained their party format to me, and it was exactly the same. I then called Fun and Frolic, and again it was very similar. I then decided to do some research on children’s games. I feel if I could find some games that are different from the games that the other party places play with the children while still playing the games that the usual party consists of, it would make our parties different. When many people look at the party places, they look for something new. They are tired of the same old routine.
In my research I found a new game that we could play with the children. One game was ring toss. I then went to Toys “R” us, and bought hoola hoops. We already have a soft toy that the children could toss the rings around. In buying the hoola hoops, the children could also have hoola hoop contests. It turned out that the games were a great success.
I have also thought of a game on my own that the children enjoy playing. We have a ball pit, and I decided to take one ball of every color and put a “you win!” sticker on them. We then line the children up and send five children in the ball pit at a time. Whoever finds one of the balls first wins a prize. We have had many parties with requests for this game.
About a week ago, my boss pulled me over and told me he was interested in making me a hostess. He told me I was a very hard worker, and very into my job. He told me he appreciates all the hard work I have been doing for him, and he would like to show me that by making me a hostess.
I started training the following week. I caught on very fast, and my boss immediately started making me hostess parties. I did not think being a hostess would be as hard as it is. Sometimes dealing with the parents is a lot more difficult then dealing with the children. You have to know how to talk to the parents. Especially when they complain. Even if you do not understand the reason fro the complaint, you have to pretend you do, or apologize and explain to then that you understand but there is nothing you can do to help them, only if there is not anything that can be done.
I have now accomplished my goal, and it has benefited my boss and me. He has informed me that many people, while booking their parties, have requested me as a hostess. They are the people who attended the parties that I have hostess. He also told me if I keep working the way I am working I would soon get a raise. So I have to keep up the hard work and he will then show me his appreciation. He then complimented me and told me that he was happy that he picked me to be the next hostess because I am doing a great job.
I have now accomplished my goal, and it has made the money situation a little easier on me. Now only do I have enough money to pay my car payments, I can give a little money here and there to some home expenses. It is not much but every bit counts. I am proud of my accomplishment, and I am glad you have assigned this project.