Essay PreviewMore ↓
After perusing the isles amongst isles of desktop computers at CompUSA I found myself drawn to the Sony desktops. SONY is a high quality brand name and has shown me throughout the years that anything and everything they create seems to be a winner. Eventually I decided to get one that was practical in size and powerful enough to handle the most strenuous projects. I ended up decide ding on the Sony VAIO RA834G Minitower. The components in this PC were more than I needed for a price I just couldn’t resist.
This particular computer also intrigued me because of its processor. The processor is a common one, an Intel Pentium 4. I like that Sony decided to stick with Intel, since they are an American brand. The exact processor they used is the Intel Pentium 4 3.6Ghz 560J with HT Technology. The Hyper threading technology is very helpful and I’m glad they decided to use it because it really makes multi-tasking even with complex software faster and more efficient and significantly cuts down on the lag. The 3.6 Gigahertz processor is very very fast and can handle even the most multifaceted functions. The bus speed is also very impressive coming out with a total of 800 solid Megahertz’s. This is an extremely fast bus speed considering it only has one successor the 1066 Mhz speed.
The motherboard chipset also is made by Intel. It is a well put together chipset that runs very well with the ram chosen for this computer. Sony chose the Intel 915P Express Chipset which runs the PC3200 DDR SDRAM at an harmonious 400 Mhz. I was also very excited that they chose the Double Data Ram as oppose to the normal SDRAM. The computer comes with a 1GB stick of ram, however, I am going to add another stick of Kingston 1Gb ram to max out the ram capacity at 2 gigabytes. And since it’s DDR its going to be running like it has 4GB’s of SDRAM.
The hard drive is a very hefty one with almost 400 gigabytes of space. However after researching the PC closer I learned that it actually contains two 160GB drives configured with RAID 0. The two drives both run at 7,200 RPM’s which is also pretty good.
I also picked this computer because it has a long list of card slots that would work perfectly with any type of media I might need to use.
How to Cite this Page
"My Dream Computer." 123HelpMe.com. 02 Apr 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- My childhood dream was that someday my actions would dramatically impact the world. After a great deal of self-evaluation and an exciting journey through my undergraduate education, I have come to realize that it is not as hard as I had imagined it to be. I find the success of the Google search engine that touches a million lives each day inspirational .It was after all a research project developed by its founders during their student days at a US university. I feel that such are probable prospects of a graduate education at a university as esteemed as yours where a single line of code that I might write could touch the lives of millions around the world.10 years down the line I see myself i... [tags: code, networks, college, skills]
842 words (2.4 pages)
- My Dream Computer We often dream of owning the best computers in the world. However, various options from the wide range of manufacturers tend to make it difficult to do a selection. Therefore, picking a reliable model that is stupendous is inevitable; a computer that even after four years, it will still be outstanding. Knowing the chances of its success is fundamental. This means that a good machine should break less often. Additionally, a company that has a great technical support, which helps a computer owner to receive timely and reliable customer support services.... [tags: performance, ports, operating system]
769 words (2.2 pages)
- My Dream Computer After perusing the isles amongst isles of desktop computers at CompUSA I found myself drawn to the Sony desktops. SONY is a high quality brand name and has shown me throughout the years that anything and everything they create seems to be a winner. Eventually I decided to get one that was practical in size and powerful enough to handle the most strenuous projects. I ended up decide ding on the Sony VAIO RA834G Minitower. The components in this PC were more than I needed for a price I just couldn’t resist.... [tags: essays research papers]
564 words (1.6 pages)
- Personal Narrative My Dream Computer When deciding what will run my dream computer, processor-wise that is, I am reminded of a friends computer that last year, was running with two Pentium III's, running at 650 Megahertz a piece. This year he is looking to upgrade on this design. I however, will be able to take his idea, and with money being no object, destroy the speed and reliability of his computer by installing two, one gigahertz Pentium III"s onto a Intel STL2 motherboard ($899). I chose this motherboard for it being one of the few on the market that comes with the capability of supporting dual processors.... [tags: Papers]
2210 words (6.3 pages)
- Most people imagine their dream job is to become a famous actor or a job they have seen done many times. Though because of the progression of technology I would be more suited in a field involving computers. My dream job is to become a successful software engineer because I have always been into computer systems, but can I fit this job, is the career life something I can manage and what opportunities should I go after when becoming a software engineer. Each time I notice how a program is used I wonder how can I make it become faster or more efficient.... [tags: Computer, Software engineering, Computer program]
2159 words (6.2 pages)
- Computer Science is the best field to work in because it pays as much as lawyers and doctors. Computer science deals with “the theoretical foundations” of information and computation, together with practical techniques for the implementation and application of these foundations. Computer science is the study of the theory, experimentation, and engineering that form the basis for the design and use of computers. It is the scientific and practical approach to computation and its applications and the systematic study of the feasibility, structure, expression, and mechanization of the methodical procedures that underlie the acquisition, representation, processing, storage,communication of, and a... [tags: Computer, Computer science, Computing, Algorithm]
888 words (2.5 pages)
- WHY STUDENTS CHOOSE TO STUDY COMPUTER SCIENCE Introduction Computer Science is the study of Computer theory, experimentation, designs and engineering. Studying computer science has always been my dream. From the first time I sat in front of a computer, I have always wanted to know how computer work, how software could make hardware do what it does, I did research and discovered a lot about computer science. With what I found about computer and the opportunities I holds I decided to study it and hopefully make a career or a business out of it .... [tags: Computer science, Mathematics, Charles Babbage]
880 words (2.5 pages)
- A lot of people especially young adults went to school to better themselves. Each student has chosen major of study to fulfill them dream career. In Cincinnati State, a lot of students took Information Technology major to pursue their career in rapidly growing computer world. One of the advantages of being a computer programming is that they can work home-based or an office-based. Some people might ask if they have the same qualifications and work output. They do have the same qualifications. Home-based and office-based programmer have the same work results, it just a matter of how they write the program.... [tags: Computer, Programmer, Computer programming]
890 words (2.5 pages)
- The career path that I have chosen was computer engineering. I chose this career because I have spent my entire life around computers, and had experience working with programming languages and the hardware. I gained further interest in computer engineering after I took an AP Computer Science class in high school. In the class I was required to use programming languages to create different types of programs which challenged me. This inspired me to want to learn even more about the computer science field and to learn more java script and programming languages.... [tags: Computer, Programming language]
932 words (2.7 pages)
- Abstract The computer programming industry has many great aspects with opportunities of growth. A strong future is apparent for programmers and employers will continue to need the technical skills of programmers that know the business requirements. Business requirements will always continue to evolve more and more as time moves forward. This occupation will keep interests growing from the ever changing program languages and different techniques used in the industry. I am proposing the idea of becoming a computer programmer.... [tags: Career Computer Science Job]
1608 words (4.6 pages)
Memory Stick Duo
Memory Stick Pro
I’m not purchasing a monitor because this computer comes with a TV in/out on the video card which is a NVIDIA GeForce Go 6600 so that I can use my T.V. as a computer monitor with a wireless mouse and keyboard. It has 128MB so it should be able to handle pretty much any program or game you throw at it. The computer comes with a Intel High Definition (HD) Audio so I’ll be purchasing a 7.1 speaker set for the optimum in sound quality. A wireless network card is built in as well as a regular network card for those of you who don’t have wireless yet.
In conclusion this computer will be a very impressive piece of machinery and will be running on Microsoft Windows XP Home edition.