Essay PreviewMore ↓
Maturity is not something that happens overnight. Maturity comes through trial and error; it’s a process which has to be perfected. Life throws curveballs and there are always multiple ways to deal with the situations. Being mature is making the right choices and knowing right from wrong.
When you turn eighteen you are expected to just be mature. You’re allowed to buy a house, a car, get a credit card, it seems like you can do whatever you want. Maturity basically gets thrown at you, so hopefully you are prepared for it. High school responsibilities, like getting a job, budgeting your time and learning to drive teach you skills that you can use in your adult life, if you choose to apply them. Maturity is about choice. You can be given every skill that you need to survive and if you are mature enough you will use them.
For me, driving a car, going to Europe, graduating, and having a job have all contributed to my maturity. I have to make life and death choices every day while driving, and my choices affect other’s lives- and that bring a lot of maturity. I went to Europe basically by myself, with no parent there to hold my hand. I had to make good choices, be safe and be mature while I was half way across the world from my parents. I am graduating this year as well. After this summer I am going to college, being a real “adult” and I will be able to make my own choices. Maturity will help me keep my head on straight while I am being my own boss. For the past two years I have held the same job. This job has taught me responsibility, how to deal with money and people and basic life skills. If I were not mature I would not be able to hold a job for that long.
How to Cite this Page
"Maturity." 123HelpMe.com. 25 Feb 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Maturity is something that does not have one specific shape or size. It is something that everyone reaches at a different time in their life, or maybe not even at all. People must go through life to push them towards the direction of maturity. This may be early in life, or much later on. One is truly mature based on character traits, their ability to form independent ideas, and how he or she copes with the hypocrisy and pressure of society. Maturity can be seen through one’s personality traits.... [tags: Oedipus, Jeffrey Kluger, Life, Sophocles, Creon]
1481 words (4.2 pages)
- Human Maturity in The Human Comedy by William Saroyan William Saroyan's The Human Comedy, deals with ravages of life. Due to these trials, Homer is forced to mature. How he matures is a result of facing the challenges. Two very import themes that help homer mature are family and death. Homer represents the men of the house because he works and earns money for the family. For example, he goes to school until three o'clock, then goes to work until midnight. Going to school and working is very hard but it needs to be done for the family to survive.... [tags: Maturity Mature Literature Essays]
399 words (1.1 pages)
- Research In my research I investigated the topic of maturity in literature. Maturity can be defined as ‘gaining knowledge from experiences that gives you a new out look on life and a new set of life skills.’ I choose this topic as I have studying short stories in class where the theme was coming of age and maturity. With these stories the protagonist goes through a negative experience and at the end of the experience they gain knowledge, which gives them a different out look on life, which could be defined as maturity.... [tags: Literary Analysis ]
1451 words (4.1 pages)
- A common piece of everybody’s vocabulary today is a word used in various contexts with little understanding to comprehend what it really means. “Maturity”, the stream of questions that come to our mind when we begin to ponder on the eight letter word is numerous. The most basic being, “What is maturity. How does one step up on the pedestal of maturity. And how do we measure maturity?” Einstein puts his perspective on maturity in an even more complicated manner, “I live in that solitude which is painful in youth, but delicious in the years of maturity”, this view point does paint us a picture of maturity, but leads us to a whole new world of mystification.... [tags: Psychology ]
740 words (2.1 pages)
- Maturity is commonly used word, but when asked what the word means many people simply shrug their shoulders. Maturity isn’t a word that has a clear definition. Being based primarily on one’s connotation, it doesn’t mean the same thing to everyone. Personally I picked this word up through context. However, upon doing a careful study of where this word originates and other’s connotation’s, I feel I’ve achieved a relatively good understanding. Webster claims the word to mean “based on slow careful consideration,” but I feel there is much more to this word than that.... [tags: Etymology]
580 words (1.7 pages)
- There are many blessings that God has so graciously given me to experience throughout the years, one of those blessings is parenthood. My wife and I have been blessed with four wonderful girls: Missy, Regina, Nancy, and Alice. My oldest daughter Missy, is now fifteen, and even though my wife and I have spent years rearing her for young adulthood…the truth is…I hate to see her grow up so fast. It seems like only yesterday I was going to school and eating lunch with her, but now we are having discussions about buying a car.... [tags: Christianity]
1879 words (5.4 pages)
- The Maturity of Men It has been said that men mature slower than women and often become the joke of many conversations. Even Hollywood can sell movies based on this humor. Is it fair to say that all men are immature for their age. Of course it is not, but it seems that it is a growing epidemic among American jokes and allows a reasonable explanation as to why men are so different from women. Men take a little longer to process information and may need to make a few mistakes along the way in order to view the world as it exists.... [tags: Media Movies Maturing Essays]
949 words (2.7 pages)
- Prince Telemachus of Ithaca was living in a world of greed and disrespect during his father's twenty-year hiatus. His father, King Odysseus, had set off to fight along with fellow Greeks in the Trojan War. After the war, all the Greeks who did not perish during the battles had made it back to their homelands, with the exception of Odysseus. During this time suitors had taken over Odysseus' palace and were courting his wife. It was time for Telemachus to take action against the crude suitors and become a mature adult.... [tags: World Literature]
1042 words (3 pages)
- Movement and Maturity It has been said, "The only thing constant is change itself." A change that we all must go through is the inevitable evolution from childhood into adulthood. In "Doe Season," David Michael Kaplain writes about Andy, a young girl, who makes this transition while she is on a hunting trip. In the story the author uses parallels between light, water, and blood, all things with continuous movement, to symbolize the constant changes that are a part of life. Light plays a very important role in the story.... [tags: Papers]
661 words (1.9 pages)
- Maturity Maturity is not something that happens overnight. Maturity comes through trial and error; it’s a process which has to be perfected. Life throws curveballs and there are always multiple ways to deal with the situations. Being mature is making the right choices and knowing right from wrong. When you turn eighteen you are expected to just be mature. You’re allowed to buy a house, a car, get a credit card, it seems like you can do whatever you want. Maturity basically gets thrown at you, so hopefully you are prepared for it.... [tags: essays research papers]
390 words (1.1 pages)
Maturity is what you learn while growing up. For some it takes years after they turn eighteen, for some it happens at the age of nine. Learning skills that will prepare you for adulthood, like working and driving, will make you more mature because of the responsibility. Choosing to use your skills and being mature is a tough idea for some teens to grasp, but for me it came easy.