Essay PreviewMore ↓
Mark Zeltser was presented in concert Friday April 6, 2001 at the Perot Theater. This concert was a part of the 200-2001 Perot Theater Series. Dr. and Mrs. George Bohmfalk, The Wednesday Music Club and the Charles N. Temple Memorial Fund were the sponsors of this event.
Mark Zeltser is a classical pianist who has performed in such venues as New York City and London. Texarkana was very fortunate to have a pianist of Zeltsers ability to perform.
The first Sonnet performed was a very light and airy piece. The second piece, The B minor Sonata is the largest single movement piano sonata ever composed. It is considered Liszt’s best work for piano. Sonata in B minor was very aggressive and it made me feel really uptight listening to it. I was waiting for the next note constantly. I thought for sure that this would be my favorite piece of the concert. I thought about it all through intermission. Some friends whom I saw a few seats over told me that the last piece was by far the best. I was eagerly anticipating that last composition.
After the intermission and the house lights were dimmed. I settled back into the concert, and decided that there was no way I would like the last piece as much as the B minor Sonata. The Fourth piece just seemed to drag by. The fifth piece got a little better. It was by Tchaikovsky and I always tend to like his music. This was no exception. I was back. It was from “The Seasons, October – The Autumn Song” and it was very enjoyable. Finally, the moment I was waiting for, and was it ever worth the wait. “Islamey” is generally considered one of the most difficult works ever written for piano.
How to Cite this Page
"Mark Zeltser, Pianist." 123HelpMe.com. 20 Feb 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Mary Grace - One Handed Pianist For centuries, brilliant composers released their works of music that became important part Christian churches. The result of these music works - a huge number of hymns, oratorios and other musical works. Nowadays, they use the organists and the heads of the church choirs around the world. I have attended one of Christian concerts that I would never attend myself. I have completed eight years of music school playing piano. I do not have any good memories of it for I have never enjoyed it.... [tags: Music, Melody, Christian music, Pianist]
1028 words (2.9 pages)
- Franz Liszt: The Modern Pianist Who exactly is Franz Liszt. He is called the Priest of the Piano, The Wizard of the Piano, the Great Technician, the Prophet, even a Freak of Nature. Yes, he could and did match every name stated but Liszt is nothing short of a genius and a musical giant among the many composers of the past. Among the many composers, none have come to the point of making a mark in every genre of music as Liszt accomplished. The question is: How exactly did Franz Liszt enhance the world of music as we know it.... [tags: Priest of the Piano, Wizard of the Piano]
1690 words (4.8 pages)
- George Gershwin was an American composer and pianist. He expressed the times he lived in through his music. Some of his best known works are the orchestral compositions “Rhapsody in Blue,” “An American in Paris,” and the opera “Porgy and Bess.” His compositions have been adapted for use in many films and for television, and several became jazz standards recorded in many different ways. His compositional style was somewhat like his jazz piano improvisations in that he “varied” melodies more than he “developed” them.... [tags: jazz standards, adaptations for film scores]
892 words (2.5 pages)
- The Pianist, directed and produced by Roman Polanski, depicts a pianists struggle for survival in a Warsaw Ghetto during World War II. The film really contains only two vital roles: the first one being Wladyslaw Szpilman played by Adrian Brody. The second role, Captain Wilm Hosenfeld, is played by Thomas Kretschmann. I watched the film on Sunday, the7th of September, at my place of residence. The movie is based on Szpilman’s autobiography The Pianist. The Pianist begins with Wladyslaw Szpilman playing his piano in a Polish radio station when the station is bombed, inferring the beginning of World War II.... [tags: Movie Review]
578 words (1.7 pages)
- Schindler’s List, directed by Steven Spielberg and The Pianist, Directed by Roman Polanski The holocaust is seen as a time of horror, filled with brutal, inhuman actions carried out by the Nazi party. Schindler’s List, directed by Steven Spielberg, is one of the most realistic movies to show the gruesome shock of the concentration camps and torture of Jews. Spielberg captured the true essences of what pain was during World War Two. In 2002, Roman Polanski came out with The Pianist, a movie that focuses on a Jewish man’s struggles outside the walls of a concentration camp.... [tags: Movie Film Movies Pianist Schindler List Essays]
1002 words (2.9 pages)
- Exegetical Paper 17 Now as He was going out on the road, one came running, knelt before Him, and asked Him, “Good Teacher, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?” 18 So Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good. No one is good but One, that is, God... 21 Then Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, “One thing you lack: Go your way, sell whatever you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, take up the cross, and follow Me.” Mark 10:21 The second gospel, The Gospel of Mark, was written by the apostle Mark.... [tags: New Testament, Saint Peter, Gospel of Mark]
869 words (2.5 pages)
- The Pianist Thunder roars all around. Black clouds veil a dying sun. Yet, the storm is not falling from above but raging from below. The thunder is the cracking of gunfire and the clouds, smoke rising from the rubble of what once was. With the roar of a lion, planes, looking like angels in the heavens, drop death upon a city. The buildings that were homes are now corpses, stripped of their flesh and left gaping. With the earth erupting in hatred, Wladyslaw Szpilman sits upright and continues to play Chopin's Nocturne in C sharp minor.... [tags: Movies War Papers]
3165 words (9 pages)
- ‘The Pianist’ is a film directed by Roman Polanski and based around the life of Wladyslaw Szpilman during the Nazi invasion of Poland. Roman used visual techniques in the opening scenes such as black and white film, camera positioning and motifs to create an atmosphere for the audience. The first scene in the film is a montage of grainy black and white scenes of Polish life before the Nazi invasion on Poland. The footage shows a dated world with old English style building and technology, people are shown walking about the town in aged clothing.... [tags: essays research papers]
598 words (1.7 pages)
- The Pianist Summary From 1939 to 1945, the world merely watched while six million Jews were viciously executed by the Nazis. Never in the history of the world had man kind experienced such evil against one class of people. The Pianist, a movie directed by Roman Polanski, is a touching, yet brutally honest film about a man living under the unforgiving conditions of the Holocaust. Adrien Brody demonstrates spectacular acting skills while playing this man, Wladyslaw Szpilman. The story starts out in Warsaw, Poland, 1939, at the house of Szpilman’s Jewish family.... [tags: essays research papers]
590 words (1.7 pages)
- Mark Twain and The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn Samuel Clemens was an American writer and humorist who's best work is shown by broad social satire, realism of place and language, and memorable characters. Clemens was born November 30, 1835, in Florida, Missouri. His family moved to Hannibal, Mississippi when he was four. There he received a public school education. Samuel Clemens was a difficult child, given to mischief and mis adventure. He barely escaped drowning on nine separate occasions.... [tags: Mark Twain]
2534 words (7.2 pages)
I would recommend that anyone who has the chance attend a concert by Mark Zeltser. He really kept my attention and I am very glad I attended this concert. Thanks to this concert, I will probably attend other events at the Perot.