Essay PreviewMore ↓
What does it mean to love another?
To love another person means to feel compassionate towards them, to "feel"
what they feel. Caring about someone, and what happens to them is also a sign of
love. Sharing a relationship with someone means that you have to be responsible
and have to be aware that there will be times when things go wrong. Loving
someone means taking these "wrong" things and trying to fix them.
What are some signs of love?
Making sacrifices is one sign of devotion to another person. When you care
about someone, you have to give a little. It all comes with life. In order to
receive something, one must sacrifice other things. For example, if having to
make a choice between the love of your life and going to a football game, a
person who is truly in love, and not just in love with "being in love" will
sacrifice the game in order to be with that person.
What is the greatest power of potential human speech? (words, language)
All humans have the power to communicate with other humans, interact, and
share their ideas. The power of speech is what makes it all possible.
Communication is the most important thing in the success of a relationship, and
for someone to say that they love another is to respect them and their ideas and
to want to share with them. The most anyone can ever do for you is listen, and
the only way to do that is to communicate that you want to be listened to and
that you are willing to listen to the one you love. That is the most anyone can
do, and it is a gift of sorts.
What is the greatest thing about human love?
Being in love gives a sense of completeness, makes one feel as if nothing
else is needed in order to survive. Sometimes, being in love can act as a
stepping stone, or a doorway into a world you never knew was out there. It can
give you a new outlook on things, turn everything you've ever known into
something you never thought was possible. Love can also strengthen a "tie" or
"bond" that you may have with someone, in a sense that you have that much more
What is the greatest expression of love?
Sacrificing anything is the greatest expression of your "love". The
greatest sacrifice one would have to make is death. Dying for a loved one means
that your love wasn't an "It", but a "Thou", and dying only makes it more
How to Cite this Page
"Love And Sacrifices." 123HelpMe.com. 17 Dec 2018
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Hunger Games, written by Suzanna Collins, is a book about a group of people that participate in a numerous amount of games as competition. Throughout the book there are many things that different families go through from being poor and not being able to afford food to some not even having the proper shelter to live in. Though some of these families had to go through those hardships, many families made a way out of no way. Katniss, whom the story is told through, is the main character in Collins’ novel.... [tags: story/character analysis]
1470 words (4.2 pages)
- Love reminds you that nothing else matters, all you need is love, and love is what makes the world go round. I never really knew that such short, common phrases could be so harmful. Because it seems like today everyone’s just throwing around the idea that love is a Band Aid and will heal all your wounds, or that love is the one thing in life that really truly matters. Due to this, certain people can feel incomplete, and in some cases, depressed. First I want to talk about sacrafices people tend to make for love.... [tags: love triangle, cinderella, prince]
577 words (1.6 pages)
- What is the meaning of love. When we are born into this world, there are already those that love and adore us. One article defines it as “ a variety of different feelings and emotions, chemical brain states, and attitudes that ranges from interpersonal affection (“I love my mother”) to pleasure” (Lyons, “A Deeper Look”). “Love” is a unique and complicated neurological emotion which is very difficult to understand. It is just like hunger and thirst, but just more permanent. Many of us talk about love as if we have no control over it, as if it is blind, in the sense that it can’t be helped.... [tags: Love, Greek words for love, Family, Marriage]
1924 words (5.5 pages)
- To understand the characters in O. Henry stories we must understand what motivates each character to do the things they do. How stories that seem similar and have a common theme can change drastically when we begin to analyze their subtle differences. The O. Henry stories “The Gift of the Magi” and “Two Thanksgiving Day Gentlemen,” both follow a similar theme. The stories are about sacrifices that people make in order to give someone a better outcome. The tone and meaning of each story is changed, however, when we begin to focus on why the character chose to make the sacrifice.... [tags: sacrifices, stories]
1366 words (3.9 pages)
- An engineer has a minimum of 11-12hrs working in the engine room before they shift to other engineers, in 12hrs of working inside the engine room; they were exposed in different kinds of chemicals and in a very high temperature under the engine room, Engine rooms are commonly hot that is why we can’t prevent this accidents, and a very hot temperature can cause a severe damage to the person if it will not be cured instantly. Chemicals also are harmful to engineers; a wrong move can cost your life in danger.... [tags: engine heat, engine room, marine engineer ]
1046 words (3 pages)
- Some people will do anything for those they love, no matter what the cost. In literature, this act of sacrifice is often exaggerated and glorified. Almost every novel contains some example of sacrifice, a giving up of something dear and precious without thought of material repayment. Victor Hugo’s novel, Les Misérables, is no exception. It is, in fact, full to overflowing of sacrifice between its different characters. Two such characters are Eponine and Jean Valjean, who each sacrifice an extraordinary amount to other characters.... [tags: Les Misérables]
800 words (2.3 pages)
- Infatuation vs. In Love Is one in love, or infatuated with the idea of being in love. Many people confuse actually being in love because they are so blinded by the idea of what a love even is. In fact, the majority of adolescent relationships are not a real love; although many teenagers like to swear they are in love with one another. How do these two emotional states compare and contrast each other in the results of affection given and received in a relationship. What is the final outcome of a loving relationship and an infatuated puppy love.... [tags: Emotion, Love, Interpersonal relationship, Lust]
859 words (2.5 pages)
- I left work today realizing just how fortunate I am to be on the track towards a successful career. And on top of that, the fact that I actually enjoy my job makes it even better. It's definitely been a long road. I think about how I had to deal with rude and ignorant customers as a convenient store cashier during junior high, the strenuous labor working alongside my mother at the dry cleaners in high school, and then finally those dreaded double shifts waiting tables for three years during college.... [tags: essay about love]
1158 words (3.3 pages)
- Love is not usually well defined. People often think that they are in love, but they can�t explain it. There is a great dealing of confusion of the words love, and infatuation. Love may include romance, infatuation, affection and tenderness. But it could be love if one or more of the elements are not present. The definition of love varies from person to person. Love is essential element for all relationships. Much of what is written about love is either brief or mocking. Society in general is very cruel and heartless toward real love of any kind.... [tags: Essay on Love 2014]
994 words (2.8 pages)
- Much has been said about love, but if you search the horizon, you will discover that most of the things written about love are either pithy or cynical. Society in general can be cruel and heartless toward real virtue of any kind. In the most popular venues, love is seldom dealt with with any degree of sobriety. Modern humor mocks marriage, husbands and wives, then glorifies every conceivable breech of virtue, such as sexual immorality, profane and obscene values. Real love is a mystery to most people.... [tags: essays research papers]
822 words (2.3 pages)
love. Without trust, the love would be nonexistent, seeing as it is trust that
makes people believe in each other and have faith. Without these things, the
love becomes an "It" relationship, not meaning much, only things.
Why is Buber emphasizing the difference between love & feelings?
In as far as Buber is concerned, feelings are obstacles that hold back the Thou.
To be truly in the Thou, you have to be at one with your love and take
everything that he/she stands for as a whole, not just as individual things, or