Essay PreviewMore ↓
Im august 1943 he was a commander of a U.S. Navy torpedo boat PT-109. He rescued several crewmen after their boat was rammed by a Japanese destroyer off the Solomon Islands. He was shoot and received an honorable discharge. For all his bravery he was awaked the Purple Heart.
John. F. Kennedy was a powerfulman. He was a rich man. Many women thought he was good looking. His wife was a sophisticated woman named Jacqueline. He had a couple of kids named John F Kennedy jr. and Caroline Kennedy. His family was an ideal family for the American family.
During 1960 john f Kennedy had 43 electoral votes defeating Vice President Richard Nixon. Kennedy was the 35th president of the United States. He was the youngest president elected in to office. He was strongly anti-Communist he tried to overthrow Castro in the Bay of Pigs.
The personal reaction from Coleen Boyer, "I was six years old. I can remember sitting in a waiting room with mom and staring at the speakers and listing to the music then all of a sudden the music cut out and said. an all news bulletin and said the president has been shot the president has been shot again and again. Then a little bit later it said the president of the United States is dead. I remember the funeral with John John saluting his dad it was a time of disbelief." said Coleen Boyer.
The events of November 22nd through25th 1963 left the nation in shock and changed forever.
The whole world was in tears for the president. In disbelief 250 thousands people from all parts of the world came to mourn the death of the president. Back up 40 blocks for the people to view the president. It took over 21 hours for every one to view the president.
As Friday November 22nd at 11:40cst Air Force One touched down at Love field Dallas Texas. On Air force one was the President and his wife John and Jacqueline Kennedy, Mr. and Mrs. Connally and a senator named Ralph W. Yarborough.Then they left the love field Dallas air port. At 11:50 am in the presidential motorcade they was the Kennedy's and the connallys.
How to Cite this Page
"John Fitzgerald Kennedy." 123HelpMe.com. 31 Mar 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- John Fitzgerald Kennedy, he was born in 1917 on May 29th, being born to Joseph and Rose Kennedy in Brookline, Massachusetts. Additionally, he I 'd the grandson of Fitzgerald, John Francis, the mainstream leader of Boston, he also went by "Honey Fitz". John, Alison going by "Jack" was the age of 3 when he contracted Scarlet Fever for which he was hospitalized for. Way back then it was extremely infectious and destructive, he was on the verge of kicking the bucket. He was hospitalized for a full month for this incident.... [tags: John F. Kennedy, John F. Kennedy assassination]
859 words (2.5 pages)
- John Fitzgerald Kennedy was born in Brookline, Massachusetts on May 29, 1917 and died in Dallas, Texas on November 22, 1963. Regarded as their father 's favorite, JFK felt continuously overshadowed by his older brother, Joseph Kennedy, Jr. JFK joined the Navy, where he commanded PT-109, a Patrol Torpedo boat, in the South Pacific. After a Japanese destroyer rammed his boat, he became a hero for his efforts in saving his men in August 1943. In November 1946, Massachusetts elected JFK to the House of Representatives, where he served until 1952.... [tags: John F. Kennedy, Cuban Missile Crisis]
1767 words (5 pages)
- John Fitzgerald Kennedy, born May 29, 1917, became the 35th President of the United States January 20, 1961 and served his country until November 22, 1963 when he was assassinated while riding in a motorcade in Dallas, Texas (Freidel and Sidey 35). Despite his short tenure in office, President Kennedy will be remembered for the hope he brought to the people of the United States. Kennedy’s commitment to encouraging goodwill and service, to blocking communism, to protecting civil rights, and his commitment to exploring space are what make him the “Person of the Century.” From the moment President Kennedy took office, he urged and inspired Americans to participate in public service.... [tags: John F. Kennedy, Cuban Missile Crisis, Cold War]
1108 words (3.2 pages)
- Who was the killer of John Fitzgerald Kennedy. Does anyone know who killed Kennedy. The J.F.K Assassination is a conspiracy wrapped in a conspiracy. Can the people of the world seriously accept what the U.S government has told them that Lee Harvey Oswald solely killed the President of the U.S.A. Evidence shows that it seems possible that the American Central Intelligence Agency could have been involved in the president 's death. All the facts suggest that this assassination was not the work of one, Lee Harvey Oswald, but a higher power.... [tags: John F. Kennedy, John F. Kennedy assassination]
1126 words (3.2 pages)
- Lone suspect or conspiracy Decades after the assassination of beloved president John Fitzgerald Kennedy and still no closer to solving the mystery of whether or not Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone in the killing or if the assassination was conspired by more the one person. Three keys items that will help you the reader take a stance on this subject are the mental stability of Mr. Oswald, a declassified report of withheld by the CIA, and a report saying that JFK 's assassination was supposed to happen in Chicago, not Dallas First a report of the mental instability of Oswald as an adolescence performed by Renatus Hartogs, M.D., Ph.D.... [tags: John F. Kennedy assassination, John F. Kennedy]
1178 words (3.4 pages)
- “Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country” John Fitzgerald Kennedy’s famous 1961 inaugural address began one of the most important presidencies in the history of the United States. The 35th president of the United States was like no other, he had a leadership quality that as the quote implies, gave the people empowerment, and held a relationship with the American people different than the prior 34 presidents. Kennedy was born into a very wealthy Irish Catholic family in Brookline Massachusets on May 29, 1917.... [tags: John F. Kennedy, John F. Kennedy assassination]
1392 words (4 pages)
- ... Norman Vincent Peale opposed his candidacy on religious grounds. Billy Graham made no secret of his support for Richard Nixon.” Many Protestants opposed the idea of a Roman Catholic president because they were concerned that he might be controlled by the Catholic Church or might make Catholicism the religion of the nation (American President: John Fitzgerald Kennedy). According to Herbert S. Parmet, John F. Kennedy even felt that many Catholic Bishops were upset with him because they did not like either his opposition to federal funds supporting parochial schools or the idea that he was interviewed and questioned about the issues of separation of Church and state and the difference betwe... [tags: president, catholic]
949 words (2.7 pages)
- This essay contains information about the childhood of JFK, his adventures in politics, and information about his assassination. John F. Kennedy had a seemingly normal childhood, but he also faced many illnesses over a long period of time. John F. Kennedy became a very successful politician during his career, holding several different titles.John F. Kennedy was assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald in 1963, devastating the american public. Overall, John F. Kennedy was a great american president who led a fascinating life before being tragically murdered.... [tags: JFK, Biography, Assassination, US President]
1040 words (3 pages)
- John Fitzgerald Kennedy - JFK John Fitzgerald Kennedy was born in Brookline, Massachusetts, on May 29, 1917, the second son of financier Joseph P. Kennedy, who served as ambassador to Great Britain during the administration of Franklin D. Roosevelt. He graduated from Harvard University in 1940, winning note with the publication of Why England Slept, an expansion of his senior thesis on Britain's lack of preparedness for World War II. His part in the war was distinguished by bravery. In August 1943, as commander of the U.S.... [tags: President Kennedy]
1271 words (3.6 pages)
- The Killer of John Fitzgerald Kennedy John Fitzgerald Kennedy was born in Brookline, Massachusetts on May 29, 1917, the second of the nine children of Joseph Patrick Kennedy and his wife, Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy. Kennedy’s Irish ancestors had immigrated to Boston and his grandfather, Patrick J. Kennedy, was a Boston political leader as well as a successful businessman and saloonkeeper. His maternal grandfather, John F. Fitzgerald was the mayor of Boston, popularly known as “Honey Fitz”.... [tags: Papers]
5434 words (15.5 pages)
Said Jesse Curry. (Kenneth Kola pg. 1)
At 12:34 inspector J Herbert Sawyer from the Dallas Police department went to the Texas schoolbook depository building as a possible shooting place. At approximately 12:35 the president arrived at the parkland mermoial Hospital. Then at approximately 12:40 Lee Harvey Oswald the suspected killer boarded a bus 7 blocks from the Texas Schoolbook Depository Building. Jefferson Davis tippit a Dallas sheriff was order to look for a man with a description identical to Oswalds in the oak cliff area.oswald arrived at his rooming house at 1:00. At that same time Dr. Kemp Clark pronounced Kennedy dead. (Kenneth Kolle pg1, 2)
Sheriff Lake Mooney found 3 empty cartridges in the T.S.B.D. on the sixth floor.J.D. tipprt was driving in oak Cliff on East 10th street. Then a minute later Domingo benvides report that JD tippit was shot and killed. A police officer named Eugene Boone found a 40 in rifle in the T.S.B.D. on the sixth floor with the marking "1940 made in Italy."(Kenneth Kolle pg. 2)
Mrs. Julius postal the cashier at the Texas Theater reported having seen the suspect at 1:40. Five minutes later the police said have information on the suspect possible whereabouts. The police went to the theater. After a brief struggle Oswald was captured. Two police cars one with Oswald in it went to the police head quarters. Then at 2:00 Oswald arrived at the police station. (Kenneth Kolle pg. 2)
Then at 2:15 caption J will fritz was at the police headquarters, and told two detectives to look for a person who worked at the T.S.B.D. He later found out that Oswald was the one who worked at the T.S.B.D. and was the same person at the theater. Then Lyndon B Johnson was sworn in as the 36th president of the United States on Air force one. At 7:10pm lee Harvey Oswald was charged with the killing of JD tippit. (Kenneth Kolle pg. 3)
Between the time of 2:30 and 3:00am the police department receives phone calls from people unknown threating the life of lee Harvey Oswald. At that time the police weren't so worried. At 11:00 am the big armored truck. The truck was going to take Oswald to a higher security prison. Then From there he would have a trial. (Kenneth Kolle pg. 4)
Then 18 minutes later Oswald was taken out of his cell. All the paper work was done so that Oswald could be transferred. Two minutes later Oswald emerged from the basement door. As soon as he came out lights started flashing from the cameras. On national television it showed Oswald. (World Book encyclopedia pg1)
Oswald was surrounded by detectives walking at a steady pace to the armored truck. With millions watching lights flashing. Someone lunged at Oswald and shots ranged out. The shot were coming from a person by the name of Jack Rubinstein. Lots of people called him Jack Ruby. A picture froze in time of Oswald's expression as he was being shot. (World book Encyclopedia)
Jack Ruby Shot Oswald in his stomach. The bullet came to rest in his stomach. The gun used was a colt 45-revolver. Everyone was scrambling, some jumped on the shooter others just dropped to the ground. In the mass chaos Jack was hand cuffed. (World Book Encyclopedia)
Oswald was dragged to the ambulance where and he was put on a stretcher. Then Oswald was rushed to the hospital. The surgeons tried desperately to save Oswald. He died on Sunday at 1:07 p.m. The truth was now never going to be determined now that the suspect has been killed. (World Book Encyclopedia)
This is the day of Kennedy's and Oswalds Funeral. The funeral started on its way to the Arlington
National cemetery. Many people went to see the casket. Over 250thousand people came to see the casket. it took 12 hours to get everyone through. The line was back up 40 blocks. (Rebecca Rodriguez)
Over 50 men from all parts of the military came to march with the horse draw cartridge. The horse with no one on it was going down in front of the cartridge. It had all the thing of Kennedy on it though it was an honor to him. Millions more watch at the funeral on television. The funeral was really organized.
When they got to Arlington national cemetery their was a speech about him. Many people distraught on his death. He was buried with full military honors. He went down as a president as a people's president. Many people will never forget the last four days.
Oswalds funeral was very small the only people that came to mourn him were his mom, brother, and wife. Some reporters showed up only to report on things
Kennedy was the people's favorite president of all that we have ever had according to NEWSWEEK magazine November 28 1983. It was said that when Kennedy died so did some of the public life with him."It has retired part of a generation to the sidelines to wait for the next Kennedy or merely to grieve for the last one they played Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ra"says peter Goldman. In a poll taken by NEWSWEEK magazine says that 2 in 3 Americans say that if Kennedy had lived our society would have been much different.