Essay PreviewMore ↓
One of the main divisions if IDT is Net2phone. Excite has recently signed a two year agreement with Net2phone to bring internet phone to various counties in Europe and Japan. Net2Phone enables
Internet users to place calls to any telephone in the world via the Internet, the company said.
Excite said that the Net2Phone icon will be integrated through many of its channels, giving customers a one-click access to download the service, subscribe, and make calls anywhere in the world.
Recipients of the call need not be online, as calls are routed directly to traditional telephones.
Because calls are placed through the Internet, phone rates are not based on the country of origin, but on the pricing structure set by IDT, which, according to Excite, is low-cost.
Excite said it is also planning to offer a click to dial service, by fully incorporating Net2Phone into Excite's personalized directory.
IDT has also emerged as one of the nation’s fastest growing Internet access providers, offering dial-up access to over 80,000 customers nationwide as well as dedicated access to hundreds of corporate customers. Through the build out of its own infrastructure, IDT now has one of the nation’s largest networks providing local dial-up Internet access through more than 600 points of presence and a top rated DS3 backbone.
IDT has been selected as a new top-level Internet domain name registrar, although there is no guarantee that if you register a name with them you will get it. Even if you do get the name you pick, it may be useless. IDT was among two dozen U.S. companies and fewer than 100 companies worldwide chosen as a registrar as part of the Internet Assigned Number Authority sponsored expansion of the Internet domain name system. IANA is the central coordinator for the assignment of unique numbers every machine on the Internet needs to be found by user machines, and formed the Council of Registrars (CORE), a committee that's been studying a new domain name system and may itself become the successor to the InterNIC.
How to Cite this Page
"International Discount Telecommunications Corporation." 123HelpMe.com. 16 Jul 2018
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- STRATEGIC CORPORATE DEVELOPMENTS 2010 China Unicom and Ericsson Signed Telecom Management Contract (China) China Unicom’s Anhui division, a major telecom company in the country, signed a telecom management contract with Ericsson for a period of 3-years. The contract would facilitate Ericsson to be the biggest telecom operating partner in the Province of Anhui. Under the terms of the contract, Ericsson would be accountable for transmission network, field maintenance of base station as well as fixed line network.... [tags: Telecommunications]
982 words (2.8 pages)
- The name of my business will be International Discount Auto Parts; my main objective will be to provide national and international customers with quality auto parts at a discounted price from that of our competitors. I have chosen to open my business as a sole proprietorship because this is the most simplest type of business to set up and because this will give me control over the business. Accounting plays a very important role in any business; therefore, I will be sure to hire an accounting staff that has experience with record keeping, internal controls, and cash management.... [tags: Business Plan]
955 words (2.7 pages)
- Target Corporation with the famous bulls-eye logo is known as the second largest discount retailer in the US (behind Wal-mart). The company was founded in 1902 by George Dayton, as Dayton Dry Goods with the first store opened in Roseville, Minnesota. In 2000, it renamed to Target Corporation “to better reflect its core business” (Target Corporation, 2014) According to the main website, Target has stated its mission statement “is to make Target your preferred shopping destination in all channels by delivering outstanding value, continuous innovation and exceptional guest experiences by consistently fulfilling our Expect More.... [tags: Second Largest Discount Retailer, United States]
1111 words (3.2 pages)
- Target Corporation is the second largest discount store in the United States, just behind Walmart who takes first place. An important part of what makes this store so popular is the supply and demand of certain products they offer and the quality of these products. There are two important variables that affect both supply and demand. The variables that have an impact on supply are the wages that are paid to workers and the price of key inputs. While the variables that have an impact on demand are customer income and the prices charged for goods sold at Target.... [tags: discount store, walmart]
995 words (2.8 pages)
- InlifeHealthCare Coupons Today, the world is facing some serious environmental change, with pollution levels rapidly increasing. As a result of this, the quality of food consumed by commoners is fast deteriorating. This in turn shoots up the stress levels in human beings. INLIFE Healthcare is a company which was founded to offer scientifically approved nutritious health supplements containing natural ingredients which would ameliorate the health and fitness of individuals. It joined hands with Couponland.in to provide an array of inlifehealthcare coupons, which help in acquiring such products that are beyond the reach of average earning citizens.... [tags: services, goods, products]
855 words (2.4 pages)
- The World of Telecommunications We are in the midst of a global information revolution driven by the convergence and proliferation of information and communication technologies. The telecommunications sector is changing at warp speed, driven by technological innovation that results in new equipment and services, and also by new entrants and alliances between companies with experience in a wide range of information industries from telecommunications to broadcasting to computer hardware and software to publishing.... [tags: Telecommunications Technology Internet Essays]
4689 words (13.4 pages)
- Directions: Select a topic from the case studies in the text. You may choose any of the topics, except those covered in previous assignments. Examples of topics you might investigate include: using telecommunications to keep in touch with co-workers; telecommunications innovation; managing telecommunications; emerging telecommunications technologies; and so on. Do independent research on your topic and present your findings in a 15-20 page position paper (based on the body of the paper, excluding references, abstracts, table of contents, etc).... [tags: Telecommunications]
1774 words (5.1 pages)
- History In the early part of the twentieth century, the general idea was that all Americans should have phone service. The other general idea regarding phone service was that the government should assist in promoting this as well. As a result of these general ideas the telecommunications industry became a natural monopoly. AT&T, which traces its routes to the founding of the telephone, promoted a Single Policy, Single System geared towards Universal Service. Thus by 1920, AT&T emerged as the dominant telecommunications company.... [tags: Telecommunications]
1247 words (3.6 pages)
- The telecommunications field is a vast field that contains terms and acronyms which can be confusing to those who are not familiar with the terminology. Therefore, the following paragraphs will compare and explain some common terms used when referring to the telecommunications field and will entail some old technology with some new. To be included within the discussion is comparisons of telephone dialing sounds, Wide Area Telecommunications Services (WATS) versus leased lines, Private Branch Exchanges (PBX) or Centrex, and the International Organization for Standardization-Open Systems Interconnection (ISO-OSI) model.... [tags: Research Paper Telecommunications]
1024 words (2.9 pages)
- Telecommunication Systems Used in My Workplace I work for a company called Techtronic Industries, otherwise known as TTI. This company has branches, offices and remote locations all over the world. The developed communication avenues have to venture over land and water to connect its many operations together to maintain its delicate business fabric. Since there are so many facets of communication facets needed, there has been great planning and skill poured into its network telecommunication systems.... [tags: Networks Telecommunications]
930 words (2.7 pages)
IDT has seen an enormous amount of growth in recent years. With Net2phone, web domain sales, international calling plans and other services IDT has become recognized as a growing multi million dollar company. It has seen much prosperity and shows no signs of slowing down.