Essay PreviewMore ↓
I can’t understand it, but most people look at me and my friends and think we’re born saved. People judge us and say we don’t know what it’s like, but they haven’t lived in our shoes!! We had to do a lot to get where we are and because the devil knew our potential, we probably had it worse off than they did before we got saved. I can’t tell you everything about my friends, but I know what my life was like and it often led me to think of suicide (because the devil wanted to take my life). God knew what struggles it would take to get me here. Most of the time when my friends and I share old stories we look at each other like “you know you are lying”…but we don’t lie anymore (praise be to God).
We are living testimonies to what God can do. People say “God would never want me” or “I can’t go to church living the way I am”. Duh! That’s why you need to go to church. Growing up I was molested by family and my mother’s male friends. Don’t get me wrong my mother did not let it happen.
I had a dysfunctional family. My father was in jail. I was insecure. I was, as my mother says, very promiscuous. I’m not trying to tell a sob story. I’m trying to say my life was hell too!!
I’m trying to say for most of my life I was just like you! Yea I did drugs too, I stole too, I got drunk too, I was into gangs too, I loved rap music too, and I thought I was a freak too. I had many demons!!! That’s all it was. I was deceived. God knew what it would take to get me here because he loved me.
He chose me before I was born to walk this walk. Nobody else can be me. I can’t tell you my whole life. I can’t explain how good he is without leaving out the truth about how good he is because his goodness is too great to explain to the world.
How to Cite this Page
"Personal Opinion Regarding Religion and Life Changes." 123HelpMe.com. 18 Jan 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The main concept, or topics of this paper is personal wellness and behaviour change. It will explore the seven dimensions of health, and the negative and the positives of each one. The paper will show how one dimension of health affects another dimension. For behaviour change there will be topics including the, barriers, stages, and health behaviors for change. As well it will be discussed about the two personal goals each student was to make at the beginning of the course, and show the plan in which they went by and how they assessed themselves.... [tags: Personal life, Health, Psychology, Dimension]
1543 words (4.4 pages)
- In the modern society, computers play an influential role in our lives in many ways. Actually, they have taken an essential part of our lives and have become an inseparable feature in our way of life. They have reached to a point where someone can freely say that living without a computer is similar to living in an environment without air to breath. They have become very common, appearing in every environment and fields such as medical, government, business, international offices, and in many family units.... [tags: Technology]
1308 words (3.7 pages)
- he Importance Of Reflecting On Changes In Children’s Behaviour Regarding Abuse And Strategies Children Have To Protect Themselves All children are vulnerable and open to be abused by any adult that has contact with them. As an early years practitioner, it is exceptionally important to be able to recognise when a child’s behaviour is changing for the worst and link this to signs of abuse. As the early years setting is an establishment young children know well and are comfortable in, adults present can make children somewhat aware of what abuse is, how it is wrong and what they must do if they recognise abuse may be or is being inflicted upon them.... [tags: Abuse, Child abuse, Bullying, Psychological abuse]
1690 words (4.8 pages)
- In Reshaping the Work-Family Debate, Joan Williams discusses many different social changes that are necessary for our nation to move forward with gender equality in the workplace. One of Williams’ suggestions is the political and cultural change that would allow for the “missing middle” class to become recognized. She describes the “missing middle” as a broad group that consist of working class people and upper-class middle who don’t like to think of themselves as the poor, working class. However, this is the largest group in America and tends to get skipped over, as the elite, upper class groups are the ones making the policies and the lower class is the class typically being examined by th... [tags: gender, family, cultural change, social class]
1399 words (4 pages)
- Before the 1979 Islamic revolution in Iran, the country was on course to becoming a westernized secular country. The Shah of Iran was more interested in developing the country along western model than anything else. People were left on their own to make decisions regarding moral issues. Religion was a private affair and people were free to practice their religion, as they wanted. People enjoyed personal freedoms comparable to those enjoyed in the west. They only thing they lacked was political freedom as all the power rested with the Shah.... [tags: Marjane Satrapi, Socioeconomic Class]
2715 words (7.8 pages)
- Frank E. Pouliot's statement regarding change as a “process of personal evolution” embraces change in a positive way. To me it means that if we don't change then we do not mature. I agree that change is not easy. Whether our behavior patterns are positive or negative, we are comfortable with them. It is this comfortability that makes it hard to change. To change familiar behaviors is almost like losing a friend. Except most of us do not have the same exact friends our whole lives. We grow apart, our life circumstances change, etc.... [tags: Autobiography, Personal Experience]
1141 words (3.3 pages)
- After reviewing the charts created from the packets given to the class, I discovered that the results from were right around were I expected them to be. One of the charts required me to take half of all the vitamin requirements then add it to the original amount. I had to do this because I weighed between 121 and 180 pounds. That was one of the only changes I had to make in this packet because all of the other questions had to do with smoking, being overweight, and other various circumstances of which had nothing to do with me.... [tags: essays research papers]
620 words (1.8 pages)
- The use of media and popular culture is a sociological phenomenon wherein the structural changes to society, which accompany the emergence of new forms of communication and accessing information, can be examined. There are many differing views regarding whether media and popular culture are necessary to the functioning of a democratic and egalitarian society or whether they actually further social inequality and inhibit political discussion or involvement. Although both interpretations are arguably valid, it can be seen that it is not popular culture and the media in and of themselves but rather how they are consumed by the public that determine how these mediums influence individuals and by... [tags: changes, society, communication]
1398 words (4 pages)
- This paper will discuss the challenges and changes that occurred within British Airways during the 1980’s. It will explore the relevant methods used to re-energize the organization during this period. As a matter of history, included in this paper are the change-resistant elements of the British Airways culture prior to the 1980s challenges. Next, it will identify the critical success factors and several of the steps that leaders took to transform the company. Finally, there is a personal element, considering what I may have done differently in the same situation.... [tags: Management, Customer, Leadership, Change]
735 words (2.1 pages)
- Primary Behavior Changes and Cide Effects of LSD LSD (D lysergic acid diethylamide) is a very potent synthetic hallucinogen. It is manufactured from lysergic acid, found in ergot, which is a fungus that grows on grains. In its original form, LSD is a white or clear, odorless, water soluble crystal that can be crushed into a powder and dissolved. LSD goes by the street name “acid” or “blotter” and is sold in tablets, capsules and sometimes liquid form. Oftentimes LSD is added to absorbent paper and sold in individual squares or “doses” which are then dissolved on the tongue.... [tags: Chemistry Chemical Papers]
2129 words (6.1 pages)
I know he’s real. I wish I could tell it all, but I can’t… it’s not enough time in the world to tell you how good he is. All I’m saying is that you should let him be “real” in your life. He’s “real” in mines and real good too!!! All those things you think will satisfy you in this world, they don’t work at all. It’s a trick from the devil.
We are not fake. We have real lives and we gave ours to Christ because nothing else was working. I’ve been at Church and walking with God for a whole year. I used to say “I can’t wait until I get older”, but now since I’ve been saved I don’t want to get older because I let all my young years past me by. It’s been the best year of my entire life. I wish I had done it earlier.
I wasted all that time hurting myself and killing my self and working death into my life. I did it to myself. Just like my favorite song says “God has been better to me than I even know how to be to myself”. So what… maybe your case is different from mines…don’t belittle my God. I bet he’s saved someone worse off than you. I bet he’s saved someone younger than you.
What are you waiting for?, ‘Till you’ve wasted your time making your life worst by running after things that are bad for you? It’s like a kid playing with the socket Your Father (the Lord ) is calling you and holding out his hand, so take his hand before your time is up!!! If he’s calling you now… maybe it’s because he knows you won’t have a chance tomorrow. You’re breaking his heart and yours! Just taste…I know for sure that he won’t let you down and I don’t lie “anymore”.
I’m 16 or should I say I’m 1 ½ (spiritually) or is it 15 years I wasted killing myself. Kids die everyday. Please don’t hesitate. Salvation is not offered after Judgment day. Today is the day!
IN JESUS’ NAME