Essay PreviewMore ↓
BET is a show for the ages and what I mean by that is that you will only ever hear about teenagers and young adults watching it, it is not a show that is centered around all age groups like MTV (Music Television). The people that BET is targeted towards are the group that is what makes the world go round.
But the problem with BET is that even though it targets the main age groups of the world, it only is targeted towards the black race and isn’t meant for whites. BET is not a very diverse company and they need to become one, but if they become more diverse they could actually loose the business they have now. It is the only show in the world that has no white television announcers and will not have any television shows that are white based and that would encourage white living.
BET is one of those shows that plays all rap videos and goes around to the ghetto’s of the US and shows what life is really like outside of the yuppie lifestyle so many people think this world is like. It shows how things are and they shouldn’t change anything. If they changed the races they attracted then I believe they would loose money. BET is probably the only company that can get away with not being very diverse and still be successful. They will never be a diverse company and will never show diverse shows.
How to Cite this Page
"How Diverse is B.E.T.." 123HelpMe.com. 20 Jan 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The purpose of this paper is to analyze the leadership needs to head the development of a diverse team in a global organization. First, cultural assessments tools will be examine regarding their application is assessing the organizational culture. Followed by the effect of the social culture and group diversity will have on the leadership style. Then the influence on workplace results and group productivity by the social culture of the group. Finally, how the social culture and diversity of these individuals will affect the organizational culture.... [tags: Culture, Leadership, The Culture]
1248 words (3.6 pages)
- Managing a Diverse Work Environment There is a need for leadership effectiveness within a diverse workplace. It is a difficult task to perform leadership within a workplace containing different levels of diversity. Leadership is essential within organizations, however, leadership can become more complicated due to the increased volume of globalization and the development of technology. Technology alters the way organizations and people conduct business and communicate as well. Managers must be cross-cultural and look at global change as an opportunity for growth within their organization, as well as growth individually.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Skill, Decision making]
1055 words (3 pages)
- Diversity is seen as the difference among people. These factors include gender, race, ethnicity, age,sexual orientation,religion,capabilities/disabilities. A Diverse workplace,in the last 30 years, has become an important issue to emerge, and it’s effects this can have on an organisation. More and more research has gone into a diverse workplace and the effects it can have on an organisations competitive advantage. Although having diverse workplace, brings about opportunities and threats, diversity is complex and careful planning needs to be taken for organisations to succeed.... [tags: Organization, Management, Employment]
1324 words (3.8 pages)
- After carefully analyzing the case study: “The Frontier For Fresh Foods Supermarkets,” I determine that this organization began its development 20 years ago in the southeast and did very well in states such as; Maryland, New Jersey, Massachusetts, New York, Connecticut and Washington DC. However, since the company was very successful in those states, they now want to expand in other states inside of the United States, where there is a growth in population. Therefore, since the company did well in the southeast, the executives now want to advance to the southwest states because of the growth in population.... [tags: Business Management ]
835 words (2.4 pages)
- Diverse Coven Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be different, different than everybody else, to have a gift that you never wanted or never expected to ever have. Well for Madison she would just be coming into her powers she would become a young witch more powerful than she could ever imagine. She would not be alone in this she would have others just like her to practice and learn the craft with. But they would have to learn fast to protect themselves from the evil that follows good magic.... [tags: short story]
711 words (2 pages)
- Question: Distinguish between and discuss formative and summative evaluation. There are two ways of carrying out evaluations. It can be formative or summative depending on the demands of the process. Summative evaluation mainly provides a product’s efficacy information. This evaluation method is typically quantitative; it uses numeric scores and letter grades. Summative evaluation typically aims at assessing the achievements. On the other hand, formative evaluation is a bit complex than the summative evaluation.... [tags: Healthcare]
1120 words (3.2 pages)
- Culturally Diverse Population The Impact of History and Counseling Theories The ever-changing demographics of the United States have made multicultural counseling a challenge. Educating counselors to understand the significant of diverse cultures will provide an insight of the diverse society and its continual growth. History changes every second just as theories are forever developing the impact of each collectively play a role with the teachings of a diverse world in a counseling setting. No two individuals come from an exact experience.... [tags: impact of history and counseling theories]
807 words (2.3 pages)
- Successful Management of a Diverse Workforce Successful management of a diverse workforce poses many challenges in the confusing aspects of diversity that exist in today’s workplace. Equal employment opportunity is an attempt to pay retribution for past errors and many say it was a good beginning but more is needed. We commonly read and hear the increasingly popular term diversity training. The new catchphrase to be found gaining popularity in the workforce is inclusion. With all these confusing concepts, just how can management develop a successful strategy to manage a diverse workforce.... [tags: Workforce Employment Equality Diversity Essays]
1206 words (3.4 pages)
- Having observed inside a kindergarten classroom for a couple of weeks thus far, it has already become apparent to me the plethora of diverse needs of the children within a single classroom. Not all students are alike. They differ in how they learn, how quickly they pick up and absorb information, how they comprehend the meanings of things etc. While meeting these diverse learning needs in a single classroom can be very challenging for a busy teacher, it must be done in order for all of the students to advance to the next level.... [tags: essays research papers]
638 words (1.8 pages)
- The television and music industry is one of the main industries of today. I chose to research the company BET (Black Entertainment Television). BET is the number one black television network on television today and it is the only television show that does not have any white announcers or white based shows, everything is based on blacks and what is going on today in the lives of Black people. BET is a show for the ages and what I mean by that is that you will only ever hear about teenagers and young adults watching it, it is not a show that is centered around all age groups like MTV (Music Television).... [tags: essays research papers]
394 words (1.1 pages)
BET is a company that has no diversity to it and never will. It is a company that shows off all of its pride for the black race and so far it has been great for the company because it is still around. Diversity is something that every company needs to be successful and even though BET isn’t very diverse they are diverse enough to be successful and be the leader in the Black Entertainment Television music industry.