Essay PreviewMore ↓
To construct a sitcom, like Home Improvement, there are certain media concepts that the show must take into consideration before building a set, and script. The medium that is chosen determines the format of the text, money limits construction, and the audience limits construction, as well as the lifestyles, and values of the audience. The writers of the show have to determine what dialogue is used in the script, for example the language and word choice that is used. The script also includes choosing a plot, setting, character’s, and narrator’s. To add to this list, the show could not be made possible without a recording environment, such as cameras, a studio to work in, lighting, sound effects, props, costumes, equipment for colouring, and fonts for messages.
The audience has a lot to do with the success of the show. The writers for Home Improvement have to look at the show as a audience member would. If it does not run smoothly and does not show an environment that the audience may not find interesting, can affect the popularity of the show.
Home Improvement is about, a five member normal family that is faced everyday problems, involving either the children or the adults. Tim Taylor, (played by Tim Allen) is a clumsy, hilarious man, who is in love with tools, hosts a television show called “Tool Time,” while “raising three hormonally - charged boys into responsible adults,” Brad, ( Zacery Ty Bryan ) and Randy, ( Jonathan Taylor Thomas ) who are always chasing the girls, and Mark ( Taran Noah Smith ) as quoted from an ABC PRIMETIME article, along with the help of his understanding wife Jill (played by Patricia Richardson .) Jill and Tim seem to have a healthy relationship between the two of them.
Meanwhile, Wilson, the Taylor’s unusual neighbour, serves as a teacher or a guide for Tim, or anyone else who has a problem. Wilson is always there when Tim needs to talk.
Al Borlan, ( Richard Karn ) is Tim’s best friend, and also his co-worker on the television show “Tool Time.”
Heidi, is the “Tool Time Girl” who always introduces Tim Taylor for the show “Tool Time.”
Every episode the audience expects a on-going scenario, for example Tim always getting hurt or Al always to be joked upon, these are the parts of the show, that the views keep wanting to come back to watch.
How to Cite this Page
"home improvement." 123HelpMe.com. 25 Feb 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Each one of us wishes to make our home look the best. Even small improvements in the home can make big changes. People undertake different home improvement projects be it for making it a better place to live or as a mere status symbol. You may have great home improvement plans in your mind. However, do you have sufficient funds with you. No, don 't look at your savings. You may have big savings in your account, but don 't use it for making home improvements, they can be used in handling any financial emergency in the future.... [tags: Debt, Loan, Mortgage loan, Secured loan]
789 words (2.3 pages)
- For this analysis we have chosen Home Depot Incorporated a home improvement retailer. It primary clients are professional “professional remodelers, general contractors, repairmen, small business owners, and tradesmen” (Yahoo Finance, 2015). In addition Home Depot sub contracts installations to third parties (Yahoo Finance, 2015). Home Depot has 2,270 stores in the US and international stores located in Mexico and Canada (Yahoo Finance 2015). For our analysis, we will use the following ratios: 1-Current Ratio 2-Return on Investments Ratio 3-Debt Ratio 4-Inventory Turnover Ratio 5-Cost of Goods to Sales 6- Cash Flow to Debt Ratio 7-Gross Profit Margin Ratio The Current Ratio is calculated by t... [tags: Generally Accepted Accounting Principles]
1039 words (3 pages)
- A house is no longer just a place where one stays together with the family but has become a symbol of status now. Changes are eminent and are taking place every moment. Everyone wish that their home should look better then that of their neighbor 's. But, what stops one from making changes at home is the lack of adequate funds. Is it the same with you. But, where to get the funds from which can finance your home improvement project. Monthly income and limited savings are not sufficient to finance the improvements one wish to make in their home.... [tags: Loan, Debt, Mortgage loan, Personal finance]
733 words (2.1 pages)
- Masters Home Improvement 1. Overview of current situation Masters Home Improvement is an Australian home improvement chain that started the market in 2011, and it is managed by the joint venture between Woolworths Limited and Lowe’s, USA in order to create an opportunity for Woolworths Limited to expand its market. Bunnings is the market leader in this industry who gains 64% of total market share, followed by Mitre 10 with 13.0%, and Masters with 8.0% of market share (The Australian, 2016). The company’s revenue continuous increased since they started the business in 2011 to 2014, they gained total revenue around $1527 million in 2014 (Woolworths, 2015) but the company still got loss from t... [tags: Marketing, Customer]
1085 words (3.1 pages)
- The Home Depot is the world 's largest home improvement retailer and ranks among the ten largest retailers in the United States. The Home Depot 's business strategy is to offer a broad assortment of high-quality merchandise at low "Day-In, Day-Out" warehouse prices and provide exceptional customer service through highly-trained and knowledgeable associates. The Home Depot culture, which is a significant strength of the Company, emphasizes a decentralized approach to management, and it encourages entrepreneurial innovation and high levels of commitment, teamwork, and enthusiasm by its associates.... [tags: Retailing, Customer, Business model]
1165 words (3.3 pages)
- ... The scheduling for P/T customer service associates comply with Mexico’s labor law and company guidelines and restricts a total of 50% of a day’s overall scheduled hours. Acme’s operations analysts and the AMC advanced planners created a standard day job scheduled using the integer linear programming. The Acme Mexico City has to schedule the staff with a precise number of customer service associates in order to provide customers with effective and efficient service plus present a financially low-budget, every day schedule.... [tags: market, dynamic, expand]
1406 words (4 pages)
- Home Improvement To construct a sitcom, like Home Improvement, there are certain media concepts that the show must take into consideration before building a set, and script. The medium that is chosen determines the format of the text, money limits construction, and the audience limits construction, as well as the lifestyles, and values of the audience. The writers of the show have to determine what dialogue is used in the script, for example the language and word choice that is used. The script also includes choosing a plot, setting, character’s, and narrator’s.... [tags: essays research papers]
592 words (1.7 pages)
- Home Depot vs. Lowes The Home Depot Company Introduction Home Depot company offer a wide range of merchandise and services, and serve three primary customer groups: do-it-yourself customers, do-it-for-me customers and professional customers. A classic Home Depot store stocks approximately 40,000 to 50,000 product items, including variations in color and size. Major product groups include building materials, lumber plumbing, electrical and kitchen; hardware and seasonal, and paint, flooring and wall coverings.... [tags: Compare Contrast Home Improvement Essays]
3027 words (8.6 pages)
- Business Analysis: Home Depot Introduction When two upper level managers decided to relinquish their jobs with the small hardware store they were working at, “Handy Dandy” they had a vision and set out to develop a company that catered to the “do-it-yourselfer,” and with that idea, The Home Depot was born. As the company exploded from one store into hundreds, it soon became the largest supplier of building supplies and home improvement materials in the United States. However, this was a short-lived, other companies were closing in on the same idea and the market was shrinking.... [tags: Business Home Depot Hardware Home Improvement]
1590 words (4.5 pages)
- TOWNHOME RENOVATION PROJECT Objective In order to enhance and increase the value of my home, renovating and upgrading my town home will increase its value once and if I decide to sell, and provide me with a comfortable place to call home. This statement of work is a narrative description of the work required for upgrading my town home. The selection criterion was based on quality of work, reliability, rapport, and on-time performance. My objective is to keep the cost within my budget to one that I will be comfortable with.... [tags: essays research papers]
1064 words (3 pages)
For example Tim tries to ‘add more power’ to the dishwasher, and when he cuts a wire on the dishwasher, he gets electricuted. In another situation he ‘adds more power’ to the lawnmower, and when he attempts to drive it, he crashes it through the fence. All these incidents are just entertainment segments, for the audience to enjoy a good laugh so that they can expect something similar every episode.
For a sitcom such as Home Improvement to be successful, the concept of the show must be simple, but also have the possibility of endless variations. It should be interesting, and also to be able to be accepted as real to the audience. The characters and conflicts should be simple for the audience to pick out.
Home Improvement over the years grew to have many recurring scenario’s. For instance Tim will try to fix something, and it will not work out, the boys will pick on Mark, Tim will bug Al, the audience will never see Wilson’s face in the show, Tim’s grunt will never be forgotten, Tim will always want ‘more power,’ and Al will always use his known line from ‘Tool-Time,’ “I don’t think so Tim.”