Essay PreviewMore ↓
According to Webster dictionary the word Happiness in defined as Enjoying, showing, or marked by pleasure, satisfaction, or joy. People when they think of happiness, they think about having to good feeling inside. There are many types of happiness, which are expressed in many ways. Happiness is something that you can't just get it comes form your soul. Happiness is can be changed through many things that happen in our every day live.
Happiness according scientific studies happiness comes from dopamine taking chemicals around the brain, which is a transmitter in the brain that controls the nervous system. These chemicals in the brain make us happy and sad. Happiness means different things to different people, so say Happiness comes from peace and other happiness comes from your expectations from being fulfilled. Happiness is like being sad or angry, it?s an emotion. Some people can get happiness from the simplest things such as reading your favorite book; other people are more complicated they see happiness as some thing that doesn?t really happen to them, but that?s not true because very person is different some people are happy all the time or at least most of the time, while some people say that there not happy are really just happy for a short period of time, weather it means just laughing at a joke, your happy for that couple of seconds.
People show there happiness in many ways, some people smile and there face just glows in pleasure and enjoyment, while others just don?t show there happy emotions physically they keep that feeling inside themselves. Even dogs have a way of showing there happiness, they show it by shaking there tail. One of the main reasons there are so many unhappy people in our society is because many have never taken the time to discover what it is that makes them happy. Chances are if you were to ask someone else what would make them happy you'd get a list of the same thing I mentioned above. The truth is, most people have a difficult time stating exactly what would make them happy for the simple reason they've never really thought about it.
I personally believe that real happiness not the 3 second happiness that fades away, it has anything to do with our possessions, our environment, or even our health; it comes from being happy with your life and expecting who you are and what you have in life.
How to Cite this Page
"The Definition of Happiness." 123HelpMe.com. 25 Feb 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Is life really about name brands, having the newest technology, and having an expensive car. Or having a group of loving and caring friends and family. Today everyone defines and looks for happiness in a different way. Many people usually search for happiness in money, material items, and meaningless relationships. None of the things mentioned solely leads to happiness. This is a problem in our society; everyone is on the “pursuit of happiness,” but what if we do not know the correct way on how to pursue it.... [tags: Human Existence, Loving Relationships]
1016 words (2.9 pages)
- Is life really about money, expensive jewelry, and shiny fast cars. Or having a group of loving and caring friends and family. Today everyone defines and looks for happiness in a different way. Many people usually search for happiness in money, material items, and meaningless relationships. None of the things mentioned solely leads to happiness. This is a problem in our society; everyone is on the “pursuit of happiness,” but what if we do not know the correct way on how to pursue it. From early times, philosophers and researchers have questioned the meaning of happiness.... [tags: personal reflections]
705 words (2 pages)
- A formal definition of happiness can be approached from several perspectives. It can mean the common feeling of living well or flourishing. Happiness is a feeling of completeness and sufficient good. This implies that happiness is desired for itself and not for the sake of anything else. Nowadays happiness is something everybody wants to achieve but has different views on what elements happiness should consist of. Happiness satisfies all the desires and does not have any evil in it and it is, therefore, stable.... [tags: Nicomachean Ethics, Virtue, Meaning of life]
939 words (2.7 pages)
- *Try starting with a different sentence as most of your paragraphs start this way* Definition of ethics of happiness say suffering is to be overcome we all need to have a little suffering, good marriage life has both, preferably more happiness then suffering with our*Not sure if incorrect but I would use the* person we chose to spend our life with till death do us part. But what happens to happiness when marriage is not between two consenting adults. I mean for example say a man say over 30 marries a girl under 18, is she allowed to make a happy choice on her own.... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Marriage, Human]
2155 words (6.2 pages)
- Imagine yourself ten years from now. From now till then, you will have short and long-term goals that will either be achieved or ignored. The achievement of success is by accomplishing your goals with the happiness that comes along with it. Achieving your goals is an ongoing process throughout the lives of humans until there is no more to gain. Although, society makes people believe success is measured by the money and monetary items. Of course, money is important to have in possession to constantly pay bills and support your family.... [tags: happiness, income, family]
707 words (2 pages)
- Everyone thrives to be happy, but why would we want to be happy and how do we find it. With happiness in our lives, we look at things more positively and have a higher chance of succeeding because we are doing what we like and something that makes us happy, but according to Mill many people are not actually happy as they says they are because once people find things that make them happy they will constantly seek for more and never be satisfied, so he concludes that happy people are only the ones who doesn't focus on themselves but other people's happiness.... [tags: Happiness, Positive psychology, Eudaimonia]
712 words (2 pages)
- The Definition of Success One has achieved success who has lived well and laughed often. '; This quote seems to sum up what is meant by success. If you are able to laugh often and much then you have definitely achieved happiness. The idea of living well, though, is a very broad statement. In order, then, to define success in relation to this statement, we must first define what it means to live well. There are three levels of success, in my opinion: societal success, academic or professional success.... [tags: Happiness, Self-esteem, Society, Want]
914 words (2.6 pages)
- Happiness is a feeling that everyone aims to accomplish, yet some people seem to only catch a sight of it. Gratifying atonement, a state of well-being, and serenity are the more eminent elements of happiness. David G. Myers and Ed Diener propose the article “Who Is Happy?” which present aspects of happiness, a theory that recognizes adaptation, cultural world view, and personal goals. I believe through word of mouth and through those whom we look up to, we are told many myths about happiness, especially the biggest myth that money can buy happiness.... [tags: Happiness Essays]
1091 words (3.1 pages)
- Unemployment & Happiness 1. Introduction Happiness is probably as the old topic. Most experts such as psychologists, philosophers, even economists concerned with the definition what is the happiness. However, there is not the concordant view for what is the happiness. Happiness should depend on different people. Some people believe that the happiness is the good goal in life. But, other people do not think happiness is the good goal in life because there are some other factors can affect the happiness such as trust, satisfaction with job, satisfaction with family's life, marriage, etc.... [tags: Happiness, Psycology, Work, Employment]
1382 words (3.9 pages)
- Happiness is a state of mind. The dictionary definition is "feelings of joy and pleasure mingled together”. A feeling of happiness is more than just an experience of joy or pleasure. It is a state of mind where the individual feels that “life is good”. As Aristotle says, “happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence.” I believe that everyone wants to be happy in life. One is abnormal if he prefers to be sad and alone. Happiness is something that must be practice according to John Lubbock.... [tags: Happiness Essays]
454 words (1.3 pages)
All in all I feel that there different types of happiness and that some fade away and some stay with you for the rest of your life. People can be happy by the little things in life, while some can think like there never happy, but the truth of the matter is happiness is an emotion that comes from the inside and cannot be taken away.