Essay PreviewMore ↓
Music today is being controlled by pop culture. They use it as a weapon to over power and trick young listeners into buying their products.Pop culture today is seeming to be full of "faceless bands". They all look the same, and they all sound almost exactly the same. If someone even tries to enter the world of music, pop culture immediately takes control. They've turned it into a "music business". You'll get chewed up and spit out, if you don't look the part. It isn't about sounding the part anymore. It's all about looking the part for their self-proclaimed "music business". What ever happened to the musicians who performed just for the love of it? It's all about money now. They've all realized the power music has over people. They tried to take it away, and are now using it against us, for their advertisements, t.v. shows, radios, and various products. Music is more powerful than you think it is.
Music creates the way you feel, and think. It is a huge social interest. If you go out with your friends, usually there will be music. It is a big impact on a teenage life. Think about dances, parties, and other social gatherings. It's turned into a new fashion. If your friends listen to a certain type of music, there is a high percentage that you will too. People treat music like a clothing brand; a product to brainwash large quantities of people . What happened to the real musicians? Where are they? Well I'll tell you. They are the ones sitting in the back alley of a rock concert, going unnoticed, until their dream is smashed and they give up the dream of being "company property", and they wake up. Why bother trying to grasp the media's attention? You will just become one of them: a money craving beast.
How to Cite this Page
"guitar." 123HelpMe.com. 27 Feb 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Topic: The Guitar General purpose: To inform Specific purpose: To inform my audience about the history of guitars, the different style of guitars, and the different strings used on guitars. Thesis: The guitar has many I. Introduction A. Attention-getter: Imagine listening to your favorite genre of music. Whether it is either country, rock, or even hip hop, most likely, one of those songs will have a guitar in it. B. Reason to listen: The guitar is an instrument that can be heard in all types of music, it would be nice to know some information about the guitar.... [tags: Guitar, Electric guitar, Bass guitar]
723 words (2.1 pages)
- History and Influences of the Guitar My paper will be discussing the history, culture, and influences of guitar throughout the ages. This will be going back to the time of the lute and rebec as they were all early forms of string instruments related to the guitar family. This is going through the beginning of the instrument’s time, throughout the different time periods, elaborating on its significance in music. The guitar is a well-known instrument and staple in the music industry in all genres of music.... [tags: guitar like instruments]
1313 words (3.8 pages)
- When i first picked up the guitar when i was younger i was very ambitious and wanted to learn all my favorite songs and master everything to know about it. I knew that if i kept focus and practiced everyday i would accomplish my goals. A very important part of playing any instrument is your hands and fingers and i would soon learn that without them it would be difficult if not impossible to play them. I was playing pick up basketball with my friends one day and i went for the ball and jammed my thumb into the ground.... [tags: guitar, musical instruments, education, ]
509 words (1.5 pages)
- Guitar pedals come in many shapes and sizes. Some are small like your phone while others are the size of your foot or even bigger. Because of this, the struggle to have a functional pedalboard that houses all of the needed pedals is overwhelming. Most musicians don’t have the luxury to spend hundreds of dollars on a custom made pedalboard. So then what is the alternative. Building your own pedalboard. Who else knows exactly what you need if not yourself. Homemade pedalboards are cheap, tailored for your specific needs, and are easy to build.... [tags: Need, Want, Guitar pedalboard, Electric guitar]
743 words (2.1 pages)
- A guitar is an instrument made out of wood or other wood like materials. Many things could affect the instrument's qualities, such as the types of lacquer used or what kind of strings are used. The guitar amp is an instrument in itself just as a guitar, not all amps are created equally. An amplifier allows the guitarist to express his playing to the world. Some amplifiers are made using really simple vacuum tube circuits, and others are made from really complex solid state circuitry. Not any two similar guitars will sound alike, just as how any two similar people are not exactly identical.... [tags: physics guitar amplifier]
853 words (2.4 pages)
- Reality in Wallace Stevens’ The Man with the Blue Guitar For Wallace Stevens, reality is an abstraction with many perspective possibilities. As a poet, Stevens struggles to create original perspectives of reality. Wallace Stevens creates a new, modern reality in his poetry. Actually, Stevens decreates reality in his poetry. In The Necessary Angel, Stevens paraphrases Simone Weil’s coinage of decreation as the change from created to uncreated or from created to nothingness. Stevens then defines modern reality as, “a reality of decreation, in which our revelations are not the revelations of belief, but the precious portents of our own powers”(750).... [tags: Man with the Blue Guitar Essays]
2487 words (7.1 pages)
- The Guitar is a stringed musical instrument with six or twelve strings that is played by either plucking or strumming the strings. It is one of the most popular instruments in the world. If an individual were asked to identify a guitar most people would answer the question correctly more so than they would if they were asked about another instrument. When people think about famous guitarists, they more than likely think of famous rock and roll guitarists and do not think about the many other famous guitarists in other musical genres such as jazz or country.... [tags: Music History, Musical Instruments]
1906 words (5.4 pages)
- The Guitar About five hundred years ago the guitar was invented. Since then, the guitar has played a crucial role in music. It serves as the heart for song, from Jazz, to Blues, to Heavy Metal. The guitar is perhaps the most important instrument in modern music. The two types of guitar most popular today, are the acoustic and electric guitar. The first guitar like instruments looked nothing like the guitars of today. These instruments were called lutes. Lutes later became vihuelas, which then evolved into the guitar in the fifteenth century.... [tags: Papers]
922 words (2.6 pages)
- Stringed instruments are most likely the oldest type of musical instruments. The acoustic guitar has been around since the 1500's, and is the most common stringed instrument used today. The guitar is one of the most versatile instruments in existence, being used in virtually every style of music. It can produce a wide range of sounds depending upon the style of the guitar and the type of strings used on it. The two main styles of acoustic guitars are the nylon-stringed and the steel-stringed.... [tags: physics guitars]
1810 words (5.2 pages)
- An acoustic guitar strums softly in the back alley of a rock concert.Thousands of people stampede by. They flood the streets like hungry animals.It starts to rain; slowly the guitar raises and smashes into the concrete-ridden ground over and over until it is screaming,raging-a guitar madness. It breaks and cracks into millions of tiny pieces. Another dream is broken. The people don't notice. They crowd the street, standing on someone else's misery. They kick the pieces aside and enter a world where self -involved entertainers sell their misery to a world where misery is fashionable.... [tags: essays research papers]
830 words (2.4 pages)
If you are an obsessed fan, you are focusing your energy in the wrong direction. You are leaving your one and only guard down, letting yourself be controlled. Maybe what you really need to do is look the other way, make your own music. You don't have to let it control you to let it be a part of you.
Music has been around forever. Some of the songs and artists that your parents may have listened to back in the day, have become legends. Nowadays, there seems to be no such thing as a legend. They've all died away, and people like Brittney Spears and Eminem gave us a bad name. A hundred years from now, if someone looked back on our era of music, to see what kind of music created our culture, they'll find huge amounts of pop culture. Is that what you want people to remember us by? Fakes?
Pop culture is like a disease eating away at our society. It makes me sick. It's like the cancer of music. I think it's disgusting. Music should be full of time, work, and effort. It should be created by someone with a love or passion to make music, not a tight tube top, and a new brand of shoes. Music shouldn't be about tight clothes and fake voices.It shouldn't be about what kind of product some celebrity stands for.
When you turn on your television, what do you see? A huge mess, way beyond repair. There should definitely be a green peace for music; after all- music has a tremendous effect on our lives. Save us from these bottom dwellers!
How do we stop this cancerous fiend to our music history? Well, we could start with being a little more open-minded .Expand your horizons a little farther. Look past the fork in the road that tells you where to go. Enter the real world of music, whether you have to make it yourself, or give someone else the gratitude for their hard work and efforts. At least you benefit from it. Music is not supposed to be used against us to sell a product. Music is a personal thing. Don't be tricked by pop culture. Next time when you see that guitar in the back alley , take a second look.