Essay PreviewMore ↓
Chirstmas-time holiday with varying cheer.
But buying and selling and buming and parking
Spur movie mischievers in need of a larking.
There's snowflakes fallen and gently sprinkled,
With all the little Whosters' smiles frozen wrinkled.
Sleeping and shopping for five minutes or less,
Stopping a moment to see the Grinch and how he stole Christmas.
This dastardly deed won't make Zanzibelt wail,
This is a gift that won't fly through the mail.
For you'd be called names like suffering maroon,
If you miss this fable-ous live-action cartoon.
Maniacal, magnificent, magical and merry --
Driven through the snow by the one Jim Carrey.
Soaring through sets bent by fantastical fancy,
He's over the top, past the tip-top of Mount Clancey.
The tiniest of heart's tale is whispered and told,
But the green-haired shoulders break every mold.
There once was a boy by the name of the Grinch,
Rankled and ruptured! Punctured and pinched!
So his feet did move with speed and precision,
Finding a home made of garbage...his decision.
"Those people of Whoville and that infernal time of year,"
Said the man who ate glass with wallowful jeers.
But Whos are filled with spirits that sing,
(A little off-tune, but to good intentions cling).
The hoopla and crazitude centered on a girl,
Named Cindy Lou Who, Taylor Momsen gave it a whirl.
She questions each corner and scours for the answer,
To why Christmas can make even the lazy pure dancers.
Based on a book and cartoon by Doc Seuss,
A bomb could have blown about the oddball recluse.
But fantabulous sets and Cindy Lou's sparkle,
Tag-team with Carrey's ability to spew the word "farkle".
The wonderment remains, so watch, watch, watch --
Or you'll be laughed at like a boy named little Mike Rotch.
The Doc's main points stick like hair to glue,
It's not too dark, so other critics: Boo hoo!
You need to say why such a creature would steal,
How to Cite this Page
"grinch who stole christmas." 123HelpMe.com. 22 Jul 2018
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The time arrives but once a year -- Chirstmas-time holiday with varying cheer. But buying and selling and buming and parking Spur movie mischievers in need of a larking. There's snowflakes fallen and gently sprinkled, With all the little Whosters' smiles frozen wrinkled. Sleeping and shopping for five minutes or less, Stopping a moment to see the Grinch and how he stole Christmas. This dastardly deed won't make Zanzibelt wail, This is a gift that won't fly through the mail. For you'd be called names like suffering maroon, If you miss this fable-ous live-action cartoon.... [tags: essays research papers]
408 words (1.2 pages)
- Comparing Ron Howard's How the Grinch Stole Christmas to Dr. Seuss' Grinch Whether or not you consider Ron Howard's version of Dr Seuss's classic How The Grinch Stole Christmas comical, yet disgraceful, there's no ignoring the little green monster's reign over the box office. The movie, How the Grinch Stole Christmas starring Jim Carrey, was released in November of 2000, reaching a gross high of over $200 million in the U.S alone (The Numbers). However, I feel that this version has over exaggerated the original story, and I will back this up by showing many examples of how Dr.... [tags: Compare Contrast Comparison]
548 words (1.6 pages)
- The beginning of December brings happiness and holiday cheer. At my house it signals baking cookies and wrapping presents, along with putting up and decorating the towering ten foot tall Christmas tree. Classic holiday films play on television such as the 2000 remake of Dr. Seuss’ classic book How the Grinch Stole Christmas. As a child, I waited, giddy with excitement, at the theatre just to see the debut. Looking back, I was probably as thrilled for the movie as for Christmas itself. Because I fell in love with the story, this movie is a favorite choice during the month of December at my house.... [tags: sound, music, visual elements]
695 words (2 pages)
- “Seculareligious” Holidays: How Unbelievers Approach Holy Days Alain de Botton, in his TED talk “Atheism 2.0”, identified various attributes from religions that he thinks atheism, the non-religious community, would do well to emulate. Of these attributes, one that stood out was how all religions, almost as a universal rule, each have a calendar by which believers adhere to. These calendars typically mark days, or even weeks, that carry some importance and meaning to followers of a given religion, and serves as a reminder for the values of which these religions stand for.... [tags: atheism, christians, christmas]
2269 words (6.5 pages)
- What do you want for Christmas “Attention holiday shoppers, don’t miss your opportunity to have your picture taken with Santa and his Elves. And today only Macy’s special holiday sale…” Think back to last year. For the Holidays what did you give and what did you get. I can almost guarantee you that for the gifts you bought you either spent long hours searching a department store or long hours racking your brain for what to buy. The perfect gift, where can I get it. And how much will it cost.... [tags: Essays Papers]
1259 words (3.6 pages)
- According to an online article that I read regarding psychoanalysis therapy, it is said to be very helpful in dealing with those who have personality disorders and neurosis. “Psychoanalysis therapy basically aims to find associations between the unconscious constitutents of patients’ mental process, by tracing out associations between the mind and mental process, all so in a systematic way” http://lifestyle.iloveindia.com/lounge/psychoanalytic-therapy-9740.html. While watching the video regarding the Grinch there are a few different things that come to my mind as I watch this.... [tags: Psychoanalysis Therapy, Video]
1439 words (4.1 pages)
- In this essay I am going to distinguish the personality of Scrooge also show you how he was at the beginning of the novella in the 1st Stave to how he changes at the end in the 5th Stave. The title to the novella 'A Christmas Carol' this suggests that the story will be a joyful Christian message. 'Christmas' is a time for celebration and togetherness. It is the time for forgiveness, kindness and charity. 'Carol' is a chant which a group of people sing Christmas and Christian songs, so this is meant to be a time where people have fun and are united with family and friends.... [tags: a christmas carol]
2180 words (6.2 pages)
- To many people a warm crackling fire brings about memories of the Christmas season. By listening to some of the Christmas carols played throughout the festive holiday season, it is easy to pick up on this. In one such Christmas carol, they mention “chestnuts roasting on an open fire” in this line fire is the provider of warmth light, and good spirits. By roasting the chestnuts the fire gives food and allows people to share with one another in a warm comfortable atmosphere. A second popular Christmas carol that mentions fire it “Let it Snow”.... [tags: Analysis, Christmas Carol]
1489 words (4.3 pages)
- Christmas with Nutmeg Our memories of Christmas time at 17142 Eastview Dr. were perfect. The Christmas tree was covered with hundreds of twinkle lights and unique ornaments. The tree was flanked by a gorgeous brick fireplace that seemed to always have a fire burning inside of it, and whose mantle was decorated with my family's collection of miniature nutcrackers. The final touch to this setting was our dog, sitting in her favorite spot, that was directly to the right of the fireplace, beneath the chair that you would always find my father in while reading my sister and me Christmas stories.... [tags: Descriptive Essay, Descriptive Writing, Christmas,]
425 words (1.2 pages)
- A Christmas Story “You’ll shoot your eye out kid, merry Christmas. Ho Ho Ho.” is probably one of the most popular lines of the 1983 Christmas classic, A Christmas Story, written by Jean Shepherd. According to The State Newspaper web site, “A Christmas Story is a low budget movie about a sort of dysfunctional family.” (Bryant) It is a dysfunctional tale about a nine year old boy named Ralphie growing up in 1940’s Indiana dreaming of the perfect Christmas gift, a Red Rider 200-shot Carbine Action Air Rifle.... [tags: Movie Film Movies Christmas Story Essays]
720 words (2.1 pages)
Christmas spirit, that is, and why not play along?
They even kept the tunes for movie theater sing-songs.
Sure, there's bombast and spectacle in this snowflake land,
But Carrey's overacting is easy to stand.
Seldom do critics look with the eyes of a child,
Take a back seat! Let your hairs down! Go wild!
Take the adorable advice of Cindy Lou Who,
Your heart may even grow -- yes, even you