Essay PreviewMore ↓
Chirstmas-time holiday with varying cheer.
But buying and selling and buming and parking
Spur movie mischievers in need of a larking.
There's snowflakes fallen and gently sprinkled,
With all the little Whosters' smiles frozen wrinkled.
Sleeping and shopping for five minutes or less,
Stopping a moment to see the Grinch and how he stole Christmas.
This dastardly deed won't make Zanzibelt wail,
This is a gift that won't fly through the mail.
For you'd be called names like suffering maroon,
If you miss this fable-ous live-action cartoon.
Maniacal, magnificent, magical and merry --
Driven through the snow by the one Jim Carrey.
Soaring through sets bent by fantastical fancy,
He's over the top, past the tip-top of Mount Clancey.
The tiniest of heart's tale is whispered and told,
But the green-haired shoulders break every mold.
There once was a boy by the name of the Grinch,
Rankled and ruptured! Punctured and pinched!
So his feet did move with speed and precision,
Finding a home made of garbage...his decision.
"Those people of Whoville and that infernal time of year,"
Said the man who ate glass with wallowful jeers.
But Whos are filled with spirits that sing,
(A little off-tune, but to good intentions cling).
The hoopla and crazitude centered on a girl,
Named Cindy Lou Who, Taylor Momsen gave it a whirl.
She questions each corner and scours for the answer,
To why Christmas can make even the lazy pure dancers.
Based on a book and cartoon by Doc Seuss,
A bomb could have blown about the oddball recluse.
But fantabulous sets and Cindy Lou's sparkle,
Tag-team with Carrey's ability to spew the word "farkle".
The wonderment remains, so watch, watch, watch --
Or you'll be laughed at like a boy named little Mike Rotch.
The Doc's main points stick like hair to glue,
It's not too dark, so other critics: Boo hoo!
You need to say why such a creature would steal,
How to Cite this Page
"grinch who stole christmas." 123HelpMe.com. 19 Dec 2018
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- On a tiny snowflake floating through the air, exists the town of Who-ville, home of the Whos. The town is joyously preparing for the coming of Christmas. The opening scene is full of noise and excitement with the townspeople hustling and bustling about shopping for gifts. Cheerful Christmas music plays in the background while the countdown until Christmas Day is announced over the town’s loudspeaker. Bright colors combined with unusual hairstyles are seen on the people of Who-ville. The town itself is covered with a multitude of lights, decorated trees, and wreaths.... [tags: story summary and analysis]
624 words (1.8 pages)
- The time arrives but once a year -- Chirstmas-time holiday with varying cheer. But buying and selling and buming and parking Spur movie mischievers in need of a larking. There's snowflakes fallen and gently sprinkled, With all the little Whosters' smiles frozen wrinkled. Sleeping and shopping for five minutes or less, Stopping a moment to see the Grinch and how he stole Christmas. This dastardly deed won't make Zanzibelt wail, This is a gift that won't fly through the mail. For you'd be called names like suffering maroon, If you miss this fable-ous live-action cartoon.... [tags: essays research papers]
408 words (1.2 pages)
- Comparing Ron Howard's How the Grinch Stole Christmas to Dr. Seuss' Grinch Whether or not you consider Ron Howard's version of Dr Seuss's classic How The Grinch Stole Christmas comical, yet disgraceful, there's no ignoring the little green monster's reign over the box office. The movie, How the Grinch Stole Christmas starring Jim Carrey, was released in November of 2000, reaching a gross high of over $200 million in the U.S alone (The Numbers). However, I feel that this version has over exaggerated the original story, and I will back this up by showing many examples of how Dr.... [tags: Compare Contrast Comparison]
548 words (1.6 pages)
- The beginning of December brings happiness and holiday cheer. At my house it signals baking cookies and wrapping presents, along with putting up and decorating the towering ten foot tall Christmas tree. Classic holiday films play on television such as the 2000 remake of Dr. Seuss’ classic book How the Grinch Stole Christmas. As a child, I waited, giddy with excitement, at the theatre just to see the debut. Looking back, I was probably as thrilled for the movie as for Christmas itself. Because I fell in love with the story, this movie is a favorite choice during the month of December at my house.... [tags: sound, music, visual elements]
695 words (2 pages)
- A month before I started school at Rainshadow Community Charter High School and my last year of mandatory education, I came here to Burlington, Vermont to tour a couple schools I’d received mail from. I wanted to see if maybe there was something more for me out East than there would have been back home at the same school where nearly every high schooler in my city ended up attending. As good a school as UNR was, it just wasn’t for me. I had bigger dreams. I wanted to be a writer and even though they had a nationally accredited journalism program, I wanted to write fiction and nonfiction, not hard hitting news pieces.... [tags: High school, English-language films, Grinch]
767 words (2.2 pages)
- “Seculareligious” Holidays: How Unbelievers Approach Holy Days Alain de Botton, in his TED talk “Atheism 2.0”, identified various attributes from religions that he thinks atheism, the non-religious community, would do well to emulate. Of these attributes, one that stood out was how all religions, almost as a universal rule, each have a calendar by which believers adhere to. These calendars typically mark days, or even weeks, that carry some importance and meaning to followers of a given religion, and serves as a reminder for the values of which these religions stand for.... [tags: atheism, christians, christmas]
2269 words (6.5 pages)
- What do you want for Christmas “Attention holiday shoppers, don’t miss your opportunity to have your picture taken with Santa and his Elves. And today only Macy’s special holiday sale…” Think back to last year. For the Holidays what did you give and what did you get. I can almost guarantee you that for the gifts you bought you either spent long hours searching a department store or long hours racking your brain for what to buy. The perfect gift, where can I get it. And how much will it cost.... [tags: Essays Papers]
1259 words (3.6 pages)
- According to an online article that I read regarding psychoanalysis therapy, it is said to be very helpful in dealing with those who have personality disorders and neurosis. “Psychoanalysis therapy basically aims to find associations between the unconscious constitutents of patients’ mental process, by tracing out associations between the mind and mental process, all so in a systematic way” http://lifestyle.iloveindia.com/lounge/psychoanalytic-therapy-9740.html. While watching the video regarding the Grinch there are a few different things that come to my mind as I watch this.... [tags: Psychoanalysis Therapy, Video]
1439 words (4.1 pages)
- As I look out my window I see tiny snowflakes slowly drifting down. I can hear the roar of laughter coming from the living room downstairs. Soon enough Saint Nick will be upon us. Christmas always brings everyone home for the holidays. Christmas is my favorite holiday because of the traditions my families and I celebrate that include our Christmas Eve routine, Christmas morning routine, and giving back to our community. Everyone has a Christmas Eve routine. Christmas Eve starts with getting ready for mass.... [tags: Christmas Eve, Christmas, Christmas tree]
1313 words (3.8 pages)
- Christmas is a wonderful time of year filled with decorations, cookies, Christmas lights and a huge Christmas tree. As I was growing up the Christmas tree was the biggest thing to have in our family. It was the very first thing we would beg to be put up so we could decorate it however we wanted it. We had a nine foot tall Christmas tree that would sit right as you walked in to our living room. My brothers and I was always so excited to have it brought up the steps and set up to where we could decorate it and put the angel on the very tip top of the tree.... [tags: Christmas tree, Christmas, Christmas lights]
1339 words (3.8 pages)
Christmas spirit, that is, and why not play along?
They even kept the tunes for movie theater sing-songs.
Sure, there's bombast and spectacle in this snowflake land,
But Carrey's overacting is easy to stand.
Seldom do critics look with the eyes of a child,
Take a back seat! Let your hairs down! Go wild!
Take the adorable advice of Cindy Lou Who,
Your heart may even grow -- yes, even you