Essay PreviewMore ↓
Genetics Is the study of a persons genes or ancestry. Genealogists can tell you where your ancestors immigrated to America from. They can also tell you why you have a certain color hair or why you are shorter than everyone. Genes will determine how short you are and what your personality is like. They are the building blocks of life. You will get a gene from your mom and your dad. they will combine to make a single gene. Gene types are represented by letters, capital letters and lower case. A capital letter stands For a dominant trait and a lower case stands for a recessive trait. When a capital letter and a lower case letter are mixed it is called a hybrid and the dominant trait will take over and the baby will turn out like the parent with the dominant trait.
Cloning is a method of making a copy of a cell. the cell may belong to a animal or a human. In a very brief way it works like this. You take an egg, and remove the nucleus, and by doing this you are removing of the egg’s genes. Then, you take a nucleus from a cell belonging to the first sheep. You put the cell’s nucleus into the egg. You then electrically trick the reconstructed egg into believing that is a fertilized egg so it will divide and become an embryo. When the embryo has reached a certain stage, you transfer it to the uterus of a surrogate mother. Then the clone is born the usual way, looking and acting just like a regular healthy baby. That’s how Dolly the sheep was created. Today Dolly is a normal, healthy sheep, who has had four children, and they are just as healthy.
After researching the topic, I believe that cloning is okay. I think that some day it will lead to great breakthroughs in the medical and scientific worlds.
How to Cite this Page
"Genetic Cloning is Safe and Easy." 123HelpMe.com. 20 Aug 2018
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Cloning DNA Genetic manipulation and cloning is has been has had some great scientific advances in recent years. Genetic manipulation is the art of altering DNA, whether it be a plant, `animal or bacteria. For example, the seedless watermelon is a byproduct of genetic manipulation. Scientists use this practice is used in many labs all around the world, to create more advanced medicine and agricultural products. Every living thing contains DNA. Genetic manipulation can have great benefit to us if it is used in the correct manner, however it can also be used in manners which are morally wrong.... [tags: germline, somatic, scientists]
1276 words (3.6 pages)
- National Academy of Sciences: Human Cloning The National Academy of Sciences (NAS) made headlines when it issued a broadside that would, if followed by Congress, grant an open-ended license for biotech researchers to clone human life. True, the NAS recommended that Congress ban "reproductive" cloning, that is, the use of a cloned embryo to produce a born baby. But it also urged that human cloning for purposes of experimentation--often called "therapeutic" or "research" cloning--remain unimpeded by legal restrictions.... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive Topics]
985 words (2.8 pages)
- While human cloning has been a matter of science fiction for centuries, the prospect that it could actually happen is a recent development. On February 23, 1997, the birth of the first cloned sheep, Dolly, was announced. Since then, it seems that science has progressed faster than moral understanding. Each breakthrough in genetics presents us with both a promise and a dilemma. The promise is that we may soon be able to treat and prevent diseases such as cancer and Parkinson’s. The dilemma is that we will have the power to manipulate our very nature-- to choose the sex and other genetic qualities of our next generation in attempts to make ourselves perfect.... [tags: essays research papers]
1551 words (4.4 pages)
- Genetic engineering is the intended modification to an organism’s genetic makeup. There have been no continuing studies on this topic or action so there is no telling whether or not it is harmless. Genetic engineering is not safe because scientists have no absolute knowledge about living systems. Given that, they are unable to do DNA surgery without creating mutations. Any interference on an organism’s genetic makeup can cause permanent damage, hereditary defects, lack of nutritious food, or a spread of dangerous diseases.... [tags: Genetic Engineering Essays]
994 words (2.8 pages)
- ... Estrogen is one form of hormones that are prominent in female human species but an excess on such promotes cellulite formation and exacerbation. Other chemicals that contribute to cellulite appearance are insulin, catecholamines, thyroid hormones, prolactin, adrenaline and noradrenaline. To males on the other hand, cellulites are less common but it may develop when one has androgen deficiency like with those disorders of Klinefelter’s syndrome, postcastration, hypogonadism, and men under estrogen therapy for prostate cancer.... [tags: body, cellulite, hormones, genetics]
983 words (2.8 pages)
- A controversial issue is the possible application of new techniques in genetic engineering to produce human clones. Up until now genetic engineering and cloning has been used to clone plants, unicellular organisms, amphibians and simple mammals. This has led to significant advances in agriculture, industry, and medicine. Newer techniques in genetic engineering have enabled scientists to clone more complex mammals and opened up the possibility of cloning humans. Although there are many potential benefits to this technology, the prospect of cloning humans has raised many practical, ethical and religious dilemmas that are currently being debated by society.... [tags: Cloning Essays]
2185 words (6.2 pages)
- Cloning is the process of making a genetically identical organism through the use of a DNA sample. After the first cloned sheep dolly was created, many people were keen in knowing more about cloning and its benefit to society. Additionally, many of us want to know the pros and con the disadvantages and possible risks it may have on society and mankind. Most importantly, there are three types of cloning, therapeutic, reproductive, and embryonic cloning. These types of cloning are all ways of scientists trying to find ways to produce a living organism or organs.... [tags: Cloning]
726 words (2.1 pages)
- Cloning is the process of genetic replication. A clone is a cell similar and identical to the cell the clone was taken from. There are three types of cloning. Three types of cloning include gene cloning, twinning, and nuclear transfer of genetic material (Clone and Cloning 1 of 4). Cloning should not continue because it can be dangerous for a number of reasons and is not morally or socially appropriate, except in cases where it could save the life of a human being. Cloning can have all kinds of dangers.... [tags: gene cloning, twinning, nuclear transfer]
1013 words (2.9 pages)
- How to Ensure that Cloning is Safe With the Roslin Institute’s successful cloning of Dolly the sheep in 1997, Ian Wilmut has taken human scientific advancement beyond the ability to improve our lives and standard of living, to the point where the recreation of our biological self is no longer a distant science fiction fantasy but a technological possibility. Cloning is a naturally occurring phenomenon; we have common instances of identical twins, of plants undergoing asexual reproduction as well as cells undergoing mitotic division from an original cell in the process of replacement of worn cells in our body.... [tags: Biology Science Genetics Essays]
561 words (1.6 pages)
- Cloning and the ability to manipulate and modify DNA has increased immensely in recent years. The field of genetic reproduction is creating a variety of unknown social and ethical consequences that are particular to our present time. Such consequences, although unknown now, of the manipulation of nature at such a primary biological level will have disastrous effects on the generations of the future. Cloning as a new science, concerns itself with the replication of organisms through asexual scientific method creating exact replications of the parent cell.... [tags: Cloning Essays]
1921 words (5.5 pages)
All in all, cloning is safe and easy process. It is not cruel and should be legal to practice, but, of course not without restrictions.