Essay PreviewMore ↓
Compare and Contrast Essay
December 12th, 2001
Lift Off with the Best Flight Simulator
Flight simulators for the home-based personal computer are great. A person can fly virtually anywhere in the world in almost any type of aircraft. There are several flight simulators on the market today, so a person must be really careful which flight simulator they choose. My experience is that Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002 is better than ProPilot ’99 Flight Simulator.
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002 is the best flight simulator on the market. First of all, the Microsoft 2002 Flight Simulator has the best graphics. The graphic designers paid a lot of attention to detail in designing the 2002 series. Consequently, other aircraft, weather, airports, approach lighting, and cockpit representations are extremely realistic. Another reason that Microsoft 2002 is the best flight simulator on the market is because of the real weather options it offers. With the 2002 series, a player can download real weather-as it is happening-from the internet so that the player can experience flight in real weather conditions in real time. Additionally, Micorsoft has an option where you can play with other persons on the internet. This option allows a player to communicate with another flyer over the internet. It enables the player to see the other flyer’s landing lights and navigational lights, as well as hear their aircraft when it buzzes by. Finally, Microsoft offers many options for accessories. With Microsoft a player can use a special joystick designed for flight simulation that shimmies as the aircraft taxis down the runaway like a real aircraft does. Other accessories that can be used with Microsoft include the gamevoice software, 3-d acceleration, and flight videos. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002 offers the most cutting age technology available in the market with graphics, interactive play, and accessories.
Another popular flight simulator program on the market today is ProPilot ’99. One of the obvious drawbacks with the ProPilot series is that it was created in 1998. The ProPilot series has not upgraded since then and cannot compete with the new technology utilized in Microsoft 2002. While ProPilot was cutting edge at the time it came out, the graphics are dull and elementary by today’s standards. The ProPilot offers no weather options. Not only can a player not download real weather in real time with ProPilot like with Microsoft, nor can he change the weather conditions to offer more variety and challenge to the game.
How to Cite this Page
"Lift Off with the Best Flight Simulator." 123HelpMe.com. 25 Feb 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Since the beginning of recorded history, humans have always had a fascination with flight. Now that we live in a world where boarding an airplane and flying across the country – or even the world - is simply a part of everyday life, the wonder of flight has diminished for many. Despite this, physics students from all around continue to delight in the many physical forces that play a part in keeping these huge objects (like jumbo jets) from falling out of the sky. The common explanation given to those curious about how an airplane wing produces lift uses the Bernoulli Principle.... [tags: physics lift plane airplane]
1123 words (3.2 pages)
- Lift is a commonly used term to describe "something" that results in objects moving upwards against the force caused by gravity. This "something" is actually a force in itself. Lift is one of the four main forces that act upon all objects that move through the air. These four forces are: # Lift - an upward force on the object # Weight - a downward force due to the acceleration of gravity # Thrust - a forward force (propulsion) # Drag - a force caused by resistance that acts in the opposite direction of thrust Lift is a simple concept to grasp, yet the reason it exists is a complex one.... [tags: physics lift airplane fly]
1433 words (4.1 pages)
- The Career Exploration choice that appealed to me the most was the job of a Flight Attendant. I think that traveling the world would be very exciting and as a Flight Attendant I would have a chance to travel, meet lots of different people and experience different cultures around the world. Flight Attendants do not make a lot of money at first but I think it would be ok to work up to a higher salary, especially since Zarin said that the airline pays for your expenses. The idea of being a flight attendant is a little impossible for me.... [tags: career, flight attendant, ]
870 words (2.5 pages)
- Upon seeing this discussion question, the first thing that came to mind was the force continuum, which dictates the level of response in an event. This can be presented in different ways, such as a simple graph, or as a perpetual flow chart. The force continuum is broken down into six levels. Each level is designed to be flexible, as the need for force changes, and the situation develops. Starting with level one being simple officer presence, followed by verbal commands, which is level two, level three begins open hand, non-weapon to stop aggression.... [tags: Force Continuum, Flight Reflex]
445 words (1.3 pages)
- Most textbooks teach us that on December 17, 1903, Wilbur and Orville Wright literally flew into history when they completed the world’s first powered flight. However, since that flight, controversy has been raging over who actually achieved first in flight. Although the Wright Brothers have been historically proven to have achieved the first, sustained, powered, controlled, heavier-than-air, manned flight, they were not truly the first fly. In order to accurately understand why the Wright Brothers were not actually the first to achieve flight, we must first consider all of the previous successful flights, using machines, such as, balloons, gliders, and aircraft.... [tags: John Montgomery,wright brothers,balloon flight]
1787 words (5.1 pages)
- Breast Lift Surgery – Rewrite Most women want to have firm, perky and sexy breasts because it makes them feel good about themselves. However, over the years, factors such as aging, breastfeeding, weight fluctuations, pregnancy, heredity, gravity and others can have a toll on their breasts causing them to lose firmness and change shape. Sagging breasts are not only unsightly, but also cause embarrassment and to women. As a result, some are willing to go to any length to get their strong and firm breasts back.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Breast, Breast reduction]
828 words (2.4 pages)
- 1. Introduction: This assignment involves researching and studying about the facts of Crossair flight 3597’s crash at Zurich Airport on 24 November 2001, capturing the valuable lessons learned and expressing my views on the operational, both safety and cost perspective, during the approach phrase. The objective of this report is to find out and learn more about the facts and contributing factors behind the Crossair flight 3597’s crash. As well as to get a hold of how aircraft accidents can occur and know the importance of safety management and other factors, and what I can do to prevent such accidents from happening again.... [tags: Crossair Flight 3597 Analysis]
1294 words (3.7 pages)
- Flight has been a dream of mankind, after the completion of the first powered airplane flight initiative from the Wright brothers, aviation technology is changing rapidly. From ancient light aircraft to a hundred tons airliner or even a fighter jet that flexible than eagle, flying technology has become one of the amazing achievement in science and technology. Aerodynamics is a fundamental principle of flight and civil aircraft unit, in order to have the ability to move on the sky, the force balance of the air lift must be greater than weight and the thrust is greater than the drag.... [tags: aerodynamics, airplane, passengers]
765 words (2.2 pages)
- The short story Flight is written by Doris Lessing about a old man learning of letting go of his granddaughter as she grows into an adult and is about to get married. The story is told in an omniscient third person point of view and this enables us to see into the minds of all characters, which inturn help us to understand their feelings and attitudes. When story are told in an omniscient way, the readers will have a better understanding of what is going on in the story. This story not only described what the old man is feeling, but also other characters.... [tags: Doris Lessing's Flight]
587 words (1.7 pages)
- One of the first things that is likely to be noticed during a visit to the local airport is thewide variety of airplane styles and designs. No matter what each looks like like they alldepend on the the same four factors which are lift, weight, thrust, and drag Lift is the upward force created by the effect of airflow as it passes over and under the wings. It supports the airplane in flight. Weight opposes lift. It is caused by the downward pull of gravity. Thrust is the forward force which propels the airplane through the air.... [tags: essays research papers]
730 words (2.1 pages)
Over the last few years, flight simulation has become big business. Enterprising individuals have come up with virtual airlines designed to simulate the commercial airline industry. Other companies have created software and accessories designed specifically to accompany flight simulation programs and enhance the realism and learning of computer flying. Microsoft has been able to capitalized on these new innovations in the newly released Flight Simulator 2002, whereas other companies like ProPilot have proved unable to compete in today’s market. ProPilot ’99 simply does not have the technology needed to be marketable in light of all the advances in flight simulation, and will likely be obsolete in the next year or so unless the company upgrades the product.